Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Australia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum249/)
-   -   Shipping parts over from the US (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1161058-shipping-parts-over-from-the-us.html)

SSSimon 05-10-2012 06:17 AM

Shipping parts over from the US

What's the best way to ship over a 4' long 75lbs box containing an exhaust?

So far UPS and Fedex are USD$850.

Sea freight is about $600, mainly port fees based on minimum charges.

Has anyone got a contact of someone regularly bringing containers over?

f100racing 05-10-2012 06:59 AM

Got told about this one on another forum.
I havn't used them myself, but the other guys swear by them.

USAtoAUS | Locating American Cars for import

SSSimon 05-11-2012 05:15 AM

Do you know the address of their depot over there - the 'Battle Ground' depot.

ChunderDownUnder 05-14-2012 02:35 AM

I know Simon has got it sorted but I will put this up for any one else who is interested.
And yes they are well priced and reliable.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your enquiry. This is our "how to" on how to get your parts from America to Australia.

We can ship your parts from our depot in the USA to Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Perth. We do not ship out of Los Angeles - we ship out of Portland, Oregon which is the state just north of California.

For an engine of that size, the price to ship from our depot to Sydney will be AUD $450.00

Shipping prices are quoted from our depot to the port. Some goods are subject to minimal quarantine fees, GST and duties when landed. If your parts are manufactured outside the United States, there will be 5% duty on the item. Parts manufactured within the United States will have no duty charged however there is GST on both the cost of the parts and the cost of shipping.

A cradle to protect your engine or gearbox can be made for a further fee. Please contact me for more details if you require a cradle.

If your parts arrive at our depot with untreated timber packing, there will be a disposal and repacking fee. The cost will vary upon the part. Untreated timber will not pass Australian quarantine and we will not ship untreated timber.

Please contact your supplier and provide them with the following labelling/shipping information for your parts. This is an essential requirement as our warehouse receives hundreds of parts and this is how we track your particular order. Parts that come into our warehouse and are not properly labeled are delayed for shipping until we find out who ordered the parts.

"Your Name" - "Your Port"
c/o USAtoAUS.com
13014 N.E. 249th Street
Battle Ground, WA 98604

****this is the difficult part where you actually put your own name and your port here - do not send me a package that says "Your Name - "Your Port" - you will delay the receipt of your goods and you wouldn't believe how many people get this part of it wrong!***

Please request that your supplier provide you with insurance and package tracking. USAtoAUS is not responsible for packages that do not arrive at our
depot, lost, stolen, broken or mislabeled items. Our warehouse does not have the time to check on individual packages that arrive at our depot. If you want to know if your package arrived, check your tracking information.

Once your item is on its way to our warehouse, please send me an email so that I can inform the warehouse that you have incoming packages. We are not responsible for items that you send to us without informing us about them ahead of time. Do not send parts to our warehouse without letting us know about it first.

When your parts are due to arrive in Australia, we will send you an invoice which you can pay direct deposit into our ANZ account or with Paypal. If you choose Paypal there will be a 5% surcharge.

After a container is booked, there is between 6 - 8 weeks travel time before it arrives in Australia. We have regular containers to Australia so your wait shouldn't be too long. We provide the best shipping rate for parts however we do not run the US government, the Australian government and the shipping company does not let me drive the boat. International shipping is a complicated process that has many different entities involved. Your parts will arrive in Australia safely however it will not be a quick process. If you require a part quickly, you should choose air mail.

Please keep this email handy for future reference.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions and I will answer them promptly.

Regards,

Indy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Indira Newell
Sales Coordinator
USAtoAUS
07 5564 9382
http://www.usatoaus.com

ChunderDownUnder 05-14-2012 02:38 AM

You also have this guy

I have dealt with him as well. He is a hard to get hold of and requires a bit more info from you before you can ship but is priced well and my goods arrived in good order and on time

AL MONTANA

Montana Exports
1400 Glenn Curtiss Street
Carson, Ca. 90746
P: 310-525-7216 F: 310-764-0204
C: 310-863-6335

http://www.montanaexports.com/index-4.html

Nkelly 05-14-2012 03:50 AM

There's some classics here.
USAtoAUS | Locating American Cars for import

SSSimon 05-14-2012 04:36 AM

I did a search on Al Montana. I found a story about a campervan that got damaged in transit using his service and there has been quite a bit of lengthy and on-going action trying to sort the mess out.
See:
Ripoff Report | Al Montana Exports | Complaint Review: 800684

Like insurance, you only find out how good a service is when something doesn't go right...

ChunderDownUnder 05-14-2012 06:15 AM

Thats one side of a story. Obviously a unhappy customer blowing off on the internet. Any shipment form any country organised over the net comes with risk. Montana exports have been sending vehicles from the States to Aus for years and have a good reputation. I do my homework before I trust any one with my shipments and he came highly recommend as did USAtoAUS.

SSSimon 05-14-2012 07:06 AM

Agreed, it is one side of the story, and quite a well documented and detailed story taken from quite a well documented web-site.
It seems very plausible, up to date (reported Nov 2011, last post 28/04,2012), and is not refuted.
There are some posts of support e.g. years of history of plenty of shipments with no problem.
Like insurance, it's the case of the exception NOT proving the rule.

The LA Trade Practise Dept is 'allegedly' now on the case so we might see some sort of independent explanation.

In the meantime I'll be extra careful!