Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   May All Topic (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1158971-may-all-topic.html)

SteveBricks 05-01-2012 02:00 AM

May All Topic

:-wink

<fiiiiiillll>

X_Hemi_Guy 05-01-2012 05:21 AM

Morning SoCal!

Welcome to MAY!!!

Looks like no one is awake in SoCal at 3:20am!...LOL

Well I've got 12 yards of mulch coming in the next hour and a half...gonna be a beautiful day to shovel and spread some mulch!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Joe.

SpringerPop 05-01-2012 09:31 AM

Twelve yards is a LOT of material to handle, no matter what it is!

Glad it's not me!

Pop

bryyce62 05-01-2012 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by SpringerPop (Post 11777612)
Twelve yards is a LOT of material to handle, no matter what it is!

Glad it's not me!

Pop

Copy that, Pop.
I'd be done after 1 yd.
12 yds sounds like a trip down to Home Depot for a couple of 'helpers'.

Hey Bill, Nice pig.
How does the butcher prepare that thing for you?

bpounds 05-01-2012 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by bryyce62 (Post 11777689)
Hey Bill, Nice pig.

We'll see. I am trying a new processor this time. Harmony Farms in La Cresenta.

I get loin chops, ribs, and rump roasts. But I don't care much for wild pork hams, so I get those ground. They can also cut hams into steaks, but we are more likely to use up a lot of ground meat.

bryyce62 05-01-2012 10:40 AM

Cool. Always wondered what folks did with a pig. I'm hungry just thinking about it.:-X04
I haven't harvested any big game since I was a kid, and with deer/elk we usually made the majority into salami and/or jerky with only a few choice cuts.

Nighteyez 05-01-2012 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by bryyce62 (Post 11777689)
Copy that, Pop.
I'd be done after 1 yd.
12 yds sounds like a trip down to Home Depot for a couple of 'helpers'.

Hey Bill, Nice pig.

Interestingly enough, they don't do that here in Fresno. When I lived down south, it seemed like every Home depot had helpers outside. Up here, there are two Home Depots and neither of them have any helpers.

Jim

bpounds 05-01-2012 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nighteyez (Post 11777939)
Interestingly enough, they don't do that here in Fresno. When I lived down south, it seemed like every Home depot had helpers outside. Up here, there are two Home Depots and neither of them have any helpers.

Jim

Some cities have set up locations specifically for casual labor. It would not surprise me if Fresno did that. It works to keep them off the parking lots.

I guess my truck looks enough like a contractor that I get undue attention when I pull into the HD lot. Or maybe I just look like I need "help".

turbohunter 05-01-2012 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by bpounds (Post 11777843)
Harmony Farms in La Cresenta.

I buy game from them.
Let us know how you feel about their pricing.

bpounds 05-01-2012 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by turbohunter (Post 11778240)
I buy game from them.
Let us know how you feel about their pricing.

I already am not happy with the whole check-in process. Unfortunately the owner wasn't there until right at the end. It got better when he showed up. The guys in the back were going to send my carcass tags home with me, which is a big no-no with the DFG.

Price is supposed to be $1.23/lb, and I had 113# hanging, plus the added suet will cost me something. I think that price will end up being competitive. My brother might not agree. He only had 50# hanging, and they have a $100 minimum for wild game processing.

turbohunter 05-01-2012 12:25 PM

You're getting the same feeling I have.
My biggest problem is finding game elsewhere.

bpounds 05-01-2012 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by turbohunter (Post 11778273)
You're getting the same feeling I have.
My biggest problem is finding game elsewhere.

I think you're supposed to shoot it. :-X03

turbohunter 05-01-2012 12:32 PM

LOL
10-4 good buddy.:-X22
BTW
I drew in Wyoming again (cause I paid) so I'm going back to see if I can't find last years bull.
But in the mean time my brother and I are meeting in Paso this coming week to drink and set up a pig hunt. Gonna give the gentleman you referred me to a call.

wpnaes 05-01-2012 08:44 PM

I hope no one was flying in or out today - sounds like it way a busy May Day.

"UPDATE 2:30 PM The intersection of Century and Avion remains closed, though much of the crowd has dispersed. The LAPD are wrapping up the peaceful arrests of the protesters who remained seated on the street after an unlawful assembly was declared.

LAX officials have issued the following warning about traffic in the area:

Due to traffic congestion on northbound Sepulveda Boulevard diverted to the 96th Street Bridge to enter LAX, all So Cal FTE'rs headed to LAX (including those from south of the airport) are advised to use Howard Hughes Parkway and take southbound Sepulveda Boulevard to access the airport."

SteveBricks 05-01-2012 08:48 PM

Let's just go to Ontario instead...or better yet, Long Beach :D