Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   Maintenance Log (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1158093-maintenance-log.html)

Tuxedo Scorpion 04-26-2012 09:32 PM

Maintenance Log

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe its a bit over the top, but i usually make one of these for all of my vehicles. It helps with keeping track of the basic stuff, also helps with resale (not that im ever selling my 6.7:D), and i suppose it would help prove maintenance history if need be. This was made on an excel spreadsheet so pictures and receipts from fluids, filters, etc could be added to the line items.

TRENT310 04-26-2012 10:34 PM

Yeah, I think it's a good idea. I have a similar spreadsheet with every fuel purchase since the beginning, and a trip log with everything I ever did with the truck since I drove it off the dealer lot. I often use the vehicle log book for billing purposes too. And I keep track of monthly operating hours to find the idle percentage, and of course whenever I do oil changes or add DEF that is noted.

I have a paper binder that lives in the truck door pocket with the pages that I fill in by hand, and then periodically I enter it into the spreadsheet so I have an electronic copy.

http://img.ahtr.net/fwb.png

senix 04-27-2012 05:05 AM

Or you could consider using the ford owners website as well.

For invoicing purposes if you use your truck to make money an excel spreadsheet is good.

Tuxedo Scorpion 04-27-2012 05:37 AM

Nope i dont use it to make money. But its proving to be an effective way to spend money :-missingt

cabindoc 04-27-2012 06:15 AM

I have an ap on my phone. Keeps track of fuel, including where via gps in case I need to go back, maint items including scheduled and TSB's and whatever else. There are a bunch out there.

azking_Ranch 04-27-2012 08:34 PM

I guess I one. I have a log going on ever fuel purchase by mileage, def usage by mileage and oil changes. stoped loging when I saw the regen because I messed more then I cought.

RACING1320 04-27-2012 08:35 PM

I use the AMSOIL website - they have My Garage. This is where you keep all your records and you can have e-mails sent to you. When and if you sell, you can print it.

Tom 04-27-2012 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by senix
Or you could consider using the ford owners website as well.

+1.

I believe that Ford can see what you put into this website and therefore the records would be useful in the event of an expensive warranty repair. I use Ford Owner for this reason. :-X22

Tomahawk 04-27-2012 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by TRENT310 (Post 11761727)
Yeah, I think it's a good idea. I have a similar spreadsheet with every fuel purchase since the beginning, and a trip log with everything I ever did with the truck since I drove it off the dealer lot. I often use the vehicle log book for billing purposes too. And I keep track of monthly operating hours to find the idle percentage, and of course whenever I do oil changes or add DEF that is noted.

I have a paper binder that lives in the truck door pocket with the pages that I fill in by hand, and then periodically I enter it into the spreadsheet so I have an electronic copy.

http://img.ahtr.net/fwb.png

I hate it when I get fuel and they have a $100 limit. Very nice log.

kper05 04-28-2012 01:04 AM

My fuel logs go into a spreadsheet, receipts in a filing cabinet and regular maintenance logged to Ford Owners so Ford can look at oil changes anytime they want.
My dealer logs what they do to this site so I'm sure they can see my own records.

Tuxedo Scorpion 04-28-2012 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tomahawk (Post 11765073)
I hate it when I get fuel and they have a $100 limit. Very nice log.

i hate the $100 limit also. thus i usually fill up around half tank. less of a hit that way and always have good reserves

senix 04-28-2012 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy001 (Post 11764939)
+1.

I believe that Ford can see what you put into this website and therefore the records would be useful in the event of an expensive warranty repair. I use Ford Owner for this reason. :-X22

Yes, when my high pressure turbo was out of spec, first question was oil changes. I referred them to the website and that was it.

Tuxedo Scorpion 04-28-2012 06:57 AM

so i signed up on the ford owner site. can i add my own maintenace, or only dealer maintenance?

kper05 04-28-2012 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion (Post 11765787)
so i signed up on the ford owner site. can i add my own maintenace, or only dealer maintenance?

Yes, click on the picture of the vehicle you added then click Add Service below the service summary.
It's the basic things; oil, fuel, tires, etc..
I even add my tire rotations to this.

gsxr1300 04-28-2012 08:02 AM

TRENT310 could you email me a copy of your spreadsheet?
jsmartin1300@gmail.com
Thanks
jason