Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   335 Series- 5.8/351M, 6.6/400, 351 Cleveland (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum54/)
-   -   400 TMeyer parts build (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1156867-400-tmeyer-parts-build.html)

79Montanalariat 04-21-2012 08:37 PM

400 TMeyer parts build

Hey all,
Have a 400 bored .040 over with a Tim Meyer parts package including 9.3/1 flat top pistons, Lunati Voodoo cam, Weiand intake and Edelbrock 650. My question is, is anyone running this same setup, and if so, how do you like it and what kinda numbers can I expect to get? Heads are decked, and completely rebuilt and upgraded also, but still running stock rockers.

mark a. 04-22-2012 10:25 AM

Did you mock it up, then got the block zero decked ? With the price of fuel I'd be shooting for 9:1. Were the heads CC'd ?

Snowymountainman 04-22-2012 08:32 PM

Montanalariat,

Just stuffed mine in the truck this afternoon. I'm using almost the same exact setup except for a Edelbrock Streetmaster intake and I'm sure my cam is a little different. I should have it fired up and tested next weekend and I can tell you more.

I'm right around 9.3:1 with TMeyer Pistons, fel-pro headgaskets, and the 2V heads. I'll also be using an eddy 650 & long tube headers.

Based on conversations with Tim and desktop dyno I'm expecting right at 400 ft/lbs and about 375 hp, all on the bottom end. It would be better with a dual plane intake but this one was free. I would also prefer to use a set of the Aussie heads but it's just a truck motor, and I think it will do fine. I bet yours will be the same.

79Montanalariat 04-22-2012 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by mark a. (Post 11742104)
Did you mock it up, then got the block zero decked ? With the price of fuel I'd be shooting for 9:1. Were the heads CC'd ?

Just shaved the heads to flat, and not zero decked. Haven't been CC'd yet. Was just lookin for ballpark numbers. Block and heads still at machinist.

79Montanalariat 04-22-2012 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Snowymountainman (Post 11744504)
Montanalariat,

Just stuffed mine in the truck this afternoon. I'm using almost the same exact setup except for a Edelbrock Streetmaster intake and I'm sure my cam is a little different. I should have it fired up and tested next weekend and I can tell you more.

I'm right around 9.3:1 with TMeyer Pistons, fel-pro headgaskets, and the 2V heads. I'll also be using an eddy 650 & long tube headers.

Based on conversations with Tim and desktop dyno I'm expecting right at 400 ft/lbs and about 375 hp, all on the bottom end. It would be better with a dual plane intake but this one was free. I would also prefer to use a set of the Aussie heads but it's just a truck motor, and I think it will do fine. I bet yours will be the same.

Thanks Snowymountainman. I like those numbers! Still a few weeks away on my assembly, so lemme know how she runs!