Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford vs The Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum17/)
-   -   Chevrolet's desperation taken to hilarious new level. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1154876-chevrolets-desperation-taken-to-hilarious-new-level.html)

640 CI Aluminum FORD 04-12-2012 11:35 PM

Chevrolet's desperation taken to hilarious new level.

So when I go to Youtube one of the first I generally do is type (Ford vs) in the search bar. Just to see what come's up...Sometimes you get some cool track videos...Othertimes you get Tug o Wars...Many different things can come up with such a simple search.

Well this evening...This is what came up.

...This beleive it or not is a comparison between a Ford and Chevrolet U-Haul style cargo van. Yep you heard it correctly...And the video is clearly paid for by GM...But my point in posting all of this...Is why in the hell would anyone care which Cargo Van go's from 0-60 seconds faster? Its not like I'm going to be standing at a U-Haul buisness going...Well, I would get the Ford...But the Chevy went from 0-60 1/2 a second faster....I'll go with it instead...

I know Chevrolet is looking to bomb Ford anyway they can right now...But seriously...Cargo Vans?

Anyway here's the video clip of this asinine comparison.

Chevy 4500 vs Ford E-450 - Road Test Video Express - YouTube

85e150 04-13-2012 12:13 AM

Based on that, Ford ought to be desperate.

Why do you think the Ford was such a pooch?

640 CI Aluminum FORD 04-13-2012 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by 85e150six4mtod (Post 11702487)
Based on that, Ford ought to be desperate.

Why do you think the Ford was such a pooch?

These company sponserd ''Comparison Tests'' ALWAYS favor the company sponsering. For example, notice how they did not go into specifics here? They didn't tell you the exact weights of each truck, nor did they list the exact gear ratio's. Little things like that can add up to make one truck perform substantially superior to the other.

Now I don't want to sound like I'm making excuse's for the Ford losing this comparison here, honestly I could care less which one uses more fuel or which one is faster in 0-60's, because I just accept the fact that if I'm ever using a U-Haul type boxed van its going to be slow and its going to drink alot of gas that's just a given with either of these vehicles...But this particular test has GM stink all over it...In a real comparison test the judges and/or host will be inquisitive of each brand pointing out both the Pro's and Con's of each vehicle without claiming vast superiorty of one over the other.

GM is famous for hosting things like this...Where they compare their trucks to Ford and/or Dodge with their truck always winning by a landslide in every scenario they test them in. Yet they somehow neglect to leave out crucial information such as gear ratio/curbweight/transmission type...etc...etc.

Rest assured the performance difference the E-450 V-10 and 4500 V8 are much closer than they are leading you to beleive here.

This is an example of a professionally done Comparison test review.
Though this is actually just the results video.
Pickuptrucks.com's 2011 $30,000 Shootout: Results - YouTube
(Full Test Literature here)
$30,000 Pickup Truck Shootout: Introduction - PickupTrucks.com Special Reports

And if you actually watch the end of this next one...The guy holding the camra calls out the BS of the salesmen on the site, much to which leave's the salesmen without anything to say.

Mega Test Dodge Ram vs. Ford F350 vs. GM Sierra Truck Challenge - YouTube

Don't get me wrong here...I'm not trying to cry foul because Ford didn't win...I know just as well as the next guy that you win some and lose some, its just part of compatition...But I do know that manfacture or dealer sponserd events or comparison's always favor the home product. These types of comparisons serve no real purpose other than to fool the blind or ignorant into beleiving there is a great difference between the products.

rangergirl94 04-13-2012 01:49 AM

I didnt here him call bull****??

640 CI Aluminum FORD 04-13-2012 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by rangergirl94 (Post 11702628)
I didnt here him call bull****??

At the end of the video the guy holding the camra asks him, Why if Chevrolet outperforms Ford (as their tests indicated) is the Silverado not the best selling truck...I guess you might say its calling BS, but its putting him on the spot none the less.

tseekins 04-13-2012 05:40 AM

Sorry guys, I had to move this one.

But I will say this: I believe that the Ford 6.2L equipped van would walk away from the V-10 equipped van. But the V-10 may actually handle the load better.

less 04-14-2012 10:11 PM

I used to drive commercial dual and single rear wheel cab and chassis vans years ago. I drove a mid 70's Ford E 300 SRW cube van with a 302 V8 and a few years newer, Ford E 350 , DRW cab and chassis with a 460 V8.

Both had about boxes , the E 300 a 16 ft. box, the E 350 about an 18 ft. box.

The difference in performance was startling . The 460 V8 was relatively quick, great at merging into traffic with a full GVW. The 302 wasn't.

Yes it is important to have performance in commercial and performance figures such as 0 to 60 mph give driver and/or owner an idea what to expect, before purchase.

This is valuable information.

Caleb1 04-15-2012 05:15 PM

did the ford and dodges really have thier lockers engaged? and what makes the super duty flex like that?

dkf 04-15-2012 08:05 PM

The people buying these types of vehicles (cube vans) really could care less how fast they are because they know they are slow. Its a work tool, nothing more. Regardless everyone knows how these manufacturer tests go. What they didn't mention in the vid is how the GM will constantly be hunting gears because it makes most of its power up high in the rpm range.

what makes the super duty flex like that?
C channel frame with crossmembers where needed. Its better to flex than be real stiff and crack. I'll be waiting to see how these thinner hydroformed frames hold up after over a decade of heavy winters.

rangergirl94 04-16-2012 06:14 PM

I really doubt the tailgate on the ford was stuck my 93 150 gate will open at any angle

longview1 04-16-2012 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by dkf (Post 11713819)

C channel frame with crossmembers where needed. Its better to flex than be real stiff and crack. I'll be waiting to see how these thinner hydroformed frames hold up after over a decade of heavy winters.

My guess will be not good, even at 5 years.
They go on about the stiffness being the end-all :-X19

rangergirl94 04-16-2012 11:47 PM

Ive seen one of the same flex tests where the new fords tailgate crinkled when on an angle even my brother a chevy guy laughed at that one lol

tseekins 04-17-2012 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by longview1 (Post 11719472)
My guess will be not good, even at 5 years.
They go on about the stiffness being the end-all :-X19

The '04 and newer F-150's are fully boxed. I haven't heard of any frame related issues except those who are jumping their Raptors and landing wrong.

Louisville Joe 04-17-2012 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by tseekins (Post 11702796)
Sorry guys, I had to move this one.

But I will say this: I believe that the Ford 6.2L equipped van would walk away from the V-10 equipped van. But the V-10 may actually handle the load better.

The only problem with that is the 6.2L is not available in the E-Series van. The vans only get 2 valve Tritons.

dkf 04-18-2012 09:10 AM

The F-150s will mot likely not see the loads a SD will see.

The 3V V10 will not fit (too wide) in the E-series as is so they are still using the 305hp 2V V10.