Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Arkansas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum175/)
-   -   April Chat/All Topic thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1152011-april-chat-all-topic-thread.html)

zhilton 04-01-2012 02:55 AM

April Chat/All Topic thread

I just for the life of me have a hard time posting in last month's thread...just not going to do it. (Dana Carvy's impression of George H. Bush).

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 11651734)
Have him check the HPO reservoir first thing in the morning. It could be bleeding off overnight or he could have a weak/failing LVO pump.

How do you check the reservoir for the HPOP on a 7.3L? Again, coming from the 6.0L world, it's pretty much sealed up...and there's no way to inspect it without removing allot of hardware. But I'll do some more reading in the 7.3L forum...starting to get a headache from reading about those dinosaurs.

Originally Posted by jgoodman6891 (Post 11650134)
That ranger is pretty cool.

And to think, the 6.0L is smaller and packs a bigger punch. Imagine the carnage you could cause with one of those set on "psycho".}>:-fire

zhilton 04-01-2012 12:48 PM

A little humor this morning...

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club A cellular phone on a bench rings and a man engages the hands-free speaker function and begins to talk.

Everyone else in the room stops to listen.

MAN: "Hello"

WOMAN: "Hi Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"

MAN: "Yes."

WOMAN: "I'm at the shops now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's only $2,000; is it OK if I buy it?"

MAN: "Sure, go ahead if you like it that much."

WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Lexus dealership and saw the new models. I saw one I really liked."

MAN: "How much?"

WOMAN: "$90,000."

MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options."

WOMAN: "Great! Oh, and one more thing... I was just talking to Janie and found out that the house I wanted last year is back on the market. They're asking $980,000 for it."

MAN: "Well, then go ahead and make an offer of $900,000. They'll probably take it. If not, we can go the extra eighty-thousand if it's what you really want."

WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you so much!"

MAN: "Bye! I love you, too."

The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are staring at him in astonishment, mouths wide open.

He turns and asks, "Anyone know whose phone this is?

BigAlsPSD 04-02-2012 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 11651980)
How do you check the reservoir for the HPOP on a 7.3L? Again, coming from the 6.0L world, it's pretty much sealed up...and there's no way to inspect it without removing allot of hardware.

Remove the "Powerstroke" Cover above the fuel filter and there is an allen head plug on top, you/he should have oil about 1/2" below that. I know he did put a new IPR and ICP in it as well. LPOP is a decent thought though, simple to change and I have been so focused on thinking he has worn injectors that I did not think of that.

cookie88 04-02-2012 07:30 PM

That was a good impression. I heard George saying it in my head.

Like Al said..... right up on top of the front cover. Allen head plug on the top...drivers side. ICP and IPR don't mean a hill of beans if the anti drain back valve is stuck open......but that is soooo rare one could just about discount it.

Hard/rough starts that clear up after the first one of the day are almost always oil related, unless the fuel system is losing it's prime.

zhilton 04-04-2012 09:55 AM

Morning gentlemen, don't know about the rest of the state but we had one heck of a thunderstorm through here last night. The power was out for 4-5 hours. The wife said it came back on about 0100. I don't remember, I passed out after taking something for the sneezing/coughing from all this green crap in the air.

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 11658782)
Like Al said..... right up on top of the front cover. Allen head plug on the top...drivers side. ICP and IPR don't mean a hill of beans if the anti drain back valve is stuck open......but that is soooo rare one could just about discount it.

Hard/rough starts that clear up after the first one of the day are almost always oil related, unless the fuel system is losing it's prime.

One of the different issues between the 7.3L and 6.0L is that hard starts when cold...I'd say aftermarket oil filter was allowing the oil to drain back into the engine and not stay up-top for the HPOP; but that's a 6.0L-only issue. Think what I'm going to do is after the "move" next week, I'm going to load up some tools and head to his place one Saturday morning and see if I can at least rule out a couple of things (HPO reservoir, fuel drain back) and maybe catch the issue when the engine is stone cold.

zhilton 04-05-2012 07:23 AM

Latest toy order showed up a couple of days ago. Thought I'd install this part to see if I can intimidate the Dodge boys at work.http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/...n/DSC_0563.jpg

cookie88 04-05-2012 09:31 PM

That one is rated at 15HP on a 6.0 isn't it? :D

zhilton 04-06-2012 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 11672950)
That one is rated at 15HP on a 6.0 isn't it?

Close, that's the 7.3L version your thinking of. The one used on the 6.0L is good for 25Hp.}> It's a VGT thing.

tojoski 04-06-2012 04:01 PM

Man soo thats why my trucks so slow... NO Stickers!

cookie88 04-06-2012 06:18 PM

Thats why mine blows all that black smoke.....its got 225hp worth of stickers on it. The engine is completely stock.

zhilton 04-06-2012 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by cookie88 (Post 11676076)
Thats why mine blows all that black smoke.....its got 225hp worth of stickers on it. The engine is completely stock.

:-yeahrigh

I about spit ice tea all over my laptop when I read that line of fertilizer. Thanks for the laugh Scott.

jgoodman6891 04-07-2012 11:44 AM

Are paintball company stickers worth any power on my diesel? If so I probably have enough to put on my truck to blow all of yall out of the water.

In other news, egg hunt & cooking of tasty animals today.

zhilton 04-07-2012 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by jgoodman6891 (Post 11678749)
Are paintball company stickers worth any power on my diesel? If so I probably have enough to put on my truck to blow all of yall out of the water.

Got to have either flames, smoke or pistons for them to be power adders.:-X04 Though "Hundred Dollar" and UofA stickers have been know to give a truck that little extra something something.

I've got my eye on a couple of stickers that basically say "real trucks don't have spark plugs". Just haven't pulled the trigger yet...I'm not big on stickers, but after last year's little issue describing the truck to Barny Fife about the truck; maybe it's time to add a couple of things to help the truck stand out a little in the crowd a little. I don't want a lift (2WD truck) nor do I want the 10" stacks out the bed; but a couple of suttle things are in the works. If I collect one of Alan's deer that like to stand in the middle of I540...the Ranch Hand will be the next mod.

Will P. 04-08-2012 08:10 AM

Man I haven't been on here in a while because I have had to work everyday since last week and I still have three more to go. I did get my F150 back Friday so that is good. I like my old one ton but it gets rough driving it everyday! At 10mpg it hurts the wallet too!

cookie88 04-08-2012 08:10 PM

Welcome back. Glad the trucks fixed up.