Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Minnesota Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum86/)
-   -   The Looooooooong GTG April BS Thread! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1152000-the-looooooooong-gtg-april-bs-thread.html)

dlibson 04-01-2012 12:26 AM

The Looooooooong GTG April BS Thread!

Well, it's April 1st!

It was a long GTG. Productive, but long.

We got a lot done, but not all that was planned so more GTG time to come.

MisterCMK 04-01-2012 12:34 AM

LOL, long day was long.

Thanks to Dave and Cary for hosting!!

msmenne17 04-01-2012 02:26 AM

Huge thanks for all the help from everyone! I would have gotten the glow plugs .... eventually. Much faster to have help.

Trans didn't throw a code until I stopped in Shakopee to fill up. It threw it as I was accelerating onto 169. Stopped at Holiday at 41 and 169. Reset code (pulled pcmfuse). Threw code again within 15 miles. I drove therest of the way like that.

I'm thinking the lockup solenoid is fine. It was trying to lock fairly consistently witht the OD light flashing. My theory is that the TCC piston is cracked and the increased line pressure overcomes it to a certain degree. Even with it locked, it still jumps about 500rpm when I accelerate. It shouldn't move at all except as the speed increases. Whaddya think?

Thanks again to all. It was a great and productive day!

msmenne17 04-01-2012 02:27 AM

Timefor bed!

Goldy3 04-01-2012 03:46 AM

Yes thanks gain to the Libson's for hosting. Thanks to all of you who wrenched on my truck today, I truly appreciate it. The truck ran nice and the air bags held great. The ride was better, no more hard jolts on the big bumps. Looking forward to towing with that soon.

Goldy3 04-01-2012 03:46 AM

Oh I forgot, I found a yellow tape measure in my truck so let me know whose it is and I will return it.

Goldy3 04-01-2012 03:48 AM

Well hopefully I will head to bed soon. Not sure but hoping. Hea-ting Pad is showing me some love. What a long day.........

Goldy3 04-01-2012 03:51 AM

Jim it was nice meeting you today, hopefully our sarcasm and constant ripping on each other doesn't scare you away.........We have a pretty good crew here......

Goldy3 04-01-2012 03:52 AM

Well I am out of here, night all ...............................................

Excursion4X4 04-01-2012 06:37 AM

Good Morning MN! I had a good time yesterday, now off to work.

msmenne17 04-01-2012 07:12 AM

Good Morning Tom, Dale and everyone else!

Noah decided to grace us with his presence at 6:30 this morning.

Hope you get some sleep Tom! Did you make it home ok Cory?

I made it to around LeSeuer before I started getting really tired. I don't normally drink caffeiene so 1/2 can of Dew took care of me for a while.

I am thinking early bedtime tonight here. We shall see. I need to get some things done around the house then maybe do the oil change and power steering flush on the truck.

Jbotto 04-01-2012 07:23 AM

Morning guys! Sounds like you had a greatly productive day yesterday! So what's the rundown of the stuff you got accomplished?

DieselCamper01 04-01-2012 07:32 AM

Good morning everyone. WTH am I doing up already?

Thanks to all who helped me with my little projects yesterday. It was my pleasure to help where I could.

Nice to meet you Jim. Please don't be afraid to come hang out or camp.

Jigger2020 04-01-2012 08:09 AM

Good Sunday Morning MN & Happy April Fools Day....:)

fordpower88 04-01-2012 08:28 AM

Good morning everyone!

Sounds like you guys worked a little late. I figured as much. It was great to meet you Jim and hopefully you can some more GTG's!

Jake we installed a fifth wheel hitch in Mikes truck, installed air bags in Tom's truck besides the one driving it LOL, Michael got some diagnosing done on his truck, Jay got his door lock actuator fixed among some other little things and that is when I left but I believe Cory had a axle seal fixed on his car and I am not sure beyond that. I am sure I am forgetting some stuff.

Edit: Big thanks to Dave and Cary for hosting!