Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   differences 2010-2012 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1150199-differences-2010-2012-a.html)

mtondreo 03-24-2012 09:41 PM

differences 2010-2012

I am looking at trading our 06 in on an 11 (XLT). But just wanted t omake sure that their were no major changes. I do not recall anything powertrain-wise, but I know the models had changed (no more Eddie Bauer) and I think the 12's have lighted door sills, but a dealer here has some 11' that they are selling for under $30k with low miles - so I may be doing the upgrade to get to the 6-speed and get rid of my 4wd. Tahnks in advance, Mike.
PS - if you frequent multiple forums, you will see this on another one, thx

mtondreo 03-25-2012 11:06 AM

Just in case this helps anyone else in a pinch

YEAR TO YEAR CHANGES

2004 Ford Expedition: Wider availability of the power-folding third-row seat led the 2004 changes to the smaller of Ford's two full-size SUVs. ABS and power-adjustable pedals were standard. Options included a load-leveling suspension and Ford's AdvanceTrac system. The power third-row seat was available for the first time in cloth-upholstered Expeditions. Also more widely available for 2004 were a tire-pressure monitor, rear obstacle detection, and rear-seat DVD entertainment.
2005 Ford Expedition: A stronger 5.4-liter V8 engine, with 40 more horsepower, went into 2005 Expeditions. The 4.6-liter V8 was dropped. Optional AdvanceTrac included Roll Stability Control, which was designed to detect an impending tipover and activate the antiskid system to reduce the chance of such an occurrence. Power-adjustable pedals were optional on the XLT and XLT Sport, and standard on upper models.
2006 Ford Expedition: No significant changes for the 2006 Expedition.
2007 Ford Expedition: Ford's largest SUV gained fresh front and rear styling and an extended-wheelbase model for 2007. The Expedition EL had a 12-inch-longer wheelbase than the regular-length model and was 14.8 inches longer overall. Both versions seat seven or eight with available three-place 2nd-row seating. An available front bench seat increased seating capacity to nine. The sole engine remained a 300-hp V8, but a 6-speed automatic transmission replaced a 4-speed automatic.
2008 Ford Expedition: Expedition added a top-line King Ranch version with upgraded leather upholstery and unique trim.
2009 Ford Expedition: Ford's Sync voice-activated interface for cell phones and digital music players was newly optional for 2009, and the optional navigaton system added real-time traffic, weather, and entertainment information.
2010 Ford Expedition: The 2010 Ford Expedition was largely unchanged.
2011 Ford Expedition: The 2011 Ford Expedition is largely unchanged.

chuck s 03-25-2012 01:29 PM

In addition to the fluff of Sync the changes were:

2007–2008 6-speed 6R75 mechatronic automatic
2009–present 6-speed 6R80 mechatronic automatic

Expedition's 6-speed 6R75 automatic was replaced by an improved version, the 6-speed 6R80 automatic. 6R80 features more robust internals, new software logic and a tow/haul mode (replaces the overdrive lock-out) that utilizes new uphill/downhill gradient shift logic for improved performance while towing or hauling heavy loads. The 6-speed automatic can compensate for altitude, grade/slope and present load conditions. The system also reduces the transmission’s tendency to "hunt" for the right gear(s) and provides engine braking when descending hills.

-- Chuck

rayofsi 03-25-2012 03:27 PM

No major cosmetic or mechanical changes. For the 2010 model year optional packages have now been renamed (to Rapid Specificated Order Codes) and upgraded (100s for XLT, 200s for Eddie Bauer, 300s for Limited, 400s for King Ranch) for the newer models. It has also announced that the 2010 models will now feature Ford's MyKey and trailer sway control as a standard on all trims.[30] The 2010 models were ranked 6th among the top 11 affordable large size SUVs in "US News & World Report.[31] There was talk about making a diesel version of the Expedition for the 2010 model year, but never made it to the planning stage.[32] Rain-sensing windshield wipers were added as an optional extra for Eddie Bauer but standard on the Limited and King Ranch versions.

No major cosmetic or mechanical changes. HD Radio became a standard on all trims, including the navigation system, along with a dual DVD system that is now placed at the headrest area. Another change that was made was in the entry-level trim department, with the Expedition offering the newly designated standard XL entry level with lower black cladding, while the XLT level trim was upgraded along with a new XLT Premium trim with gold cladding, replacing the Eddie Bauer level trim. Also, silver cladding was added as an exterior trim as part of a newly optional XLT Premium Sport Appearance Package. Both Limited and King Ranch levels remain the same.[33]

No major cosmetic or mechanical changes. The second heated row seating option was added to XLT Premium and the front park assists became a standard feature on the Limited and King Ranch trims.[34]

copied and pasted the above from wikipedia
also 2012 has the blind spot mirrors on all models.

mtondreo 03-25-2012 08:53 PM

Thanks guys - the transmission change is something that I was looking for. I did not realize the 09+ had a different trans. But I decided that a plug change and Gotts mod are in my future for my 06 instead of getting a shinier Expy in the driveway. Probably keep this one for another year and then revisit again. Thanks again, Mike.