Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   Possible purchase of 2007 expy limited. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1149146-possible-purchase-of-2007-expy-limited.html)

yuk067 03-20-2012 07:15 PM

Possible purchase of 2007 expy limited.

Hello again. I have gotten amazing assistance from this site in the past and hope for more in the future. My dilemma today is , after getting away from my 2005 expy limited I need to get back to another one. I have a 2007 certified expy limited vin# 1FMFU20577LA10826 in my sights. It has 41000 miles. I've had a 99 xlt and the 05 limited in the past. I'm wondering if anyone could do the oasis check for me ? And also if there are any major problems with this year and model. I'm not as excited about the Certified status as the dealer would like me to be. Thanks in advance and I hope to be back posting pics of my new used expy.

RI-Matt 03-21-2012 06:14 AM

Is this a Canadian Expy ?

Black w/ Stone Gray Interior, 2nd Row Captains Chairs, Navigation, Rear DVD.

Built @ 9/19/06

No HD Tow Pkg.

Matt

ecyrbh 03-21-2012 08:07 AM

Speaking from my experience with the Certified program,ask for the checklist in advance and go over everything on that list.I have purchased twice with a Certified vehicle and the Tecnicians always tend to just "Pencil-Whip" these forms so that they can make quick easy money like doing brakes,tires,wipers,and such...On My 08 EB,the technician checked off that the headphones for the DVD player and floor mats were present and with the vehicle and they weren't along with some other issues too lengthy to get into...Go over it with a Fine Tooth Comb because you are paying for that certification...If you find anything that was "supposedly" inspected and checked off on,and wasn't,bring it to their attention and possibly use it for negotiation,and the technicians accountability.

yuk067 03-21-2012 11:22 AM

Thanks for the info guys.

To Matt - I dont believe it is Canadian. It's supposedly a nj car. Now with the certified status of 7 yr /100000 mile warranty ,does that means its up around 9/13 due to build date ?

To Ecyrbh- the certified work was replaced battery, replaced fuel filter, the works ( oil change,lube and tire rotation) new blades and air filter , full tranny service and a throttle body service.

Thank again.

RI-Matt 03-21-2012 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by yuk067 (Post 11603605)
Thanks for the info guys.

To Matt - I dont believe it is Canadian. It's supposedly a nj car. Now with the certified status of 7 yr /100000 mile warranty ,does that means its up around 9/13 due to build date ?

Thank again.

yuk067, the warranty starts the original date of purchase, so if it sat on the lot for 6-9 months then that will buy you some extra time. :D My guess would be no earlier than October 2013 as it wasn't delivered until the very end of September 06. The dealer will tell you the exact date when they do the paperwork.
The reason I asked about it being Canadian is the window sticker shows it as an "Export".

Matt

yuk067 03-21-2012 09:05 PM

Hey Matt. Great catch on the window sticker. I just looked it up, it was shipped directly to Switzerland thru the Omsc to a member of the US military stationed there. And the kicker is Carfax knows nothing about it.