Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford Truck Parts for Sale (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum235/)
-   -   1958 "F-100" Emblems Anyone?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1148298-1958-f-100-emblems-anyone.html)

F-100CustomCabTBC 03-17-2012 08:41 PM

1958 "F-100" Emblems Anyone??

Ok since I got in trouble in the regular forum here we go.

I was wondering if there is anyone would maybe be interested in a set of 1958 F-100 emblem in the future.

These emblems:
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...2a567dff64.jpg

FYI these are NOT for sale ^^^^^^ I want a nice set for mine so I have been thinking about taking the set I have and making a pattern from them and then reproducing them. What I would be selling would be a finished chrome part. I don't know quite yet what I will charge for a set I have to do some prototyping first to figure out costs and such in order to figure that out.

FYI I think I might have to make the new set a bolt on set so you may be required to drill out the long arrow emblem inorder to add these F-100 pieces on. Reason being the originals were a pinned over pin but there is no way of doing that to these. Plus bolting them on would be much better than epoxy or anyother adhesives.

I will update how the project is going periodically.

Please feel free to post to request a set if interested, I hope I can make this work out and be able to reproduce these.

Anyone????

hawk1959 03-17-2012 11:53 PM

When you get the emblems going i will take a set of them i have only one of the F100 for my 58 , thanks nick

ckline7035 03-18-2012 07:32 PM

I looked for a set of thes emblems for nearly 20 years. I just finished putting a set together after having a set rechromed. The price was $400 just to have the 2 pieces that you're showing here, plus I paid another $90 for the arrow sections. I also thought about getting someone to make them up for me on a cnc machine, but was told the trademark infringement problems could arise. I have one in very good to excellent condition, and one in rough condition. I also have the arrow parts to at least come up with one or maybe 2 complete arrow portions. I used epoxy glue, to put the f100 portion on the arrow. I'll try to get pics of the finished product, and what I have for backups. From what I've found out over the years of hunting for them is, that most were lost on dirt roads from hitting bumps, and the thin pinged over soft lip of the f100 part, just fell off and bounced into the ditches. I may be willing to part with what I have, as I know what I went through to find mine, and it was frustrating. Especially, since I have been working on this truck off and on for over 20 years with my brother. He committed suicide in 2008, and I always promised to get her on the road, if anything ever happened to him. And I have been working on just doing that for him. I'll keep in touch with you, if I can, or if you want to talk about what I have, we can do that as well. I'm new to this site, so I want to do this, correctly, and not break any rules of the site.

hawk1959 03-20-2012 09:47 PM

@ ckline7035 , i been looking for the F100 for a few yrs found one and paid $80 buck for it but im still looking for one more , if you would like to sell one let me know , thanks nick

gridley dean 03-26-2012 12:36 AM

there is a market for these emblems as there isn't an aftermarket for them. If Ford mo. Co. is OK then I'll bet you could sell 1000 pairs of them 'cause they don't exist. I would buy 2 pair as long as you don't charge $400 like the other guy said!

F-100CustomCabTBC 03-31-2012 07:55 PM

Hi guys here is a little update:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...ffeb11d521.jpg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...ad9246af32.jpg

Those are little take offs of one of my emblems. I will be using those to make my pattern boards. I have to make the repairs to both of these yet inorder to have a nice and smooth emblem pattern. I have probably 15-20 hrs in both of those pieces pictured above and I am not even close half way yet. I have to do a bunch of bondo and sanding work to these. Making of the pattern boards boxing and gating ect. I have a lot to do yet before I can get any of these reproduced.

Originally Posted by gridley dean (Post 11625316)
there is a market for these emblems as there isn't an aftermarket for them. If Ford mo. Co. is OK then I'll bet you could sell 1000 pairs of them 'cause they don't exist. I would buy 2 pair as long as you don't charge $400 like the other guy said!

Don't take my word for it yet, I hate to say it but I think I might be somewhere around $300 for a set. Because it might cost me $100 each just to have them chromed. Plus the cost of foundry workers, materials, labor ect. At $300 I might not even be making a profit or not much of a profit anyways. I hope I don't scare anyone away by saying that. I don't have a set price yet but that might fluctuate up or down I don't know we'll see. I don't know if the $400 mentioned was to have a set refinished or just to buy a used set. But what I would be selling is an already refinished NEW chromed emblem. But I will try my best to keep the cost as low as I can.

Let me know what you think.

hawk1959 04-02-2012 06:10 PM

That looks pretty good , can't wait to see when there done , What are you going to make them out of ,

gridley dean 04-02-2012 11:24 PM

Hey Blaine,

It sure looks like you know what you're doing. It looks great and I can say that for all of us out there that have been looking for a nice set (of emblems) for 20+ years we are excited.
Have you tried to encourage FoMoCo to reproduce them and maybe you could be a distributor? I'm just thinking of all the legal crap involved and if they do repro them in
the middle of casting yours, it could be disappointing. Just watching your back and wishing you luck. P.S. I still want 2 pair.
Thanks, and keep it up.

Dean

F-100CustomCabTBC 04-03-2012 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by hawk1959 (Post 11658507)
That looks pretty good , can't wait to see when there done , What are you going to make them out of ,

I was going to recast them out of brass instead of the original pot metal. I took some parts to a chroming shop about a month ago now and he suggested brass or zinc.

Originally Posted by gridley dean (Post 11659889)
Hey Blaine,

It sure looks like you know what you're doing. It looks great and I can say that for all of us out there that have been looking for a nice set (of emblems) for 20+ years we are excited.
Have you tried to encourage FoMoCo to reproduce them and maybe you could be a distributor? I'm just thinking of all the legal crap involved and if they do repro them in
the middle of casting yours, it could be disappointing. Just watching your back and wishing you luck. P.S. I still want 2 pair.
Thanks, and keep it up.

Dean

Thanks,

Well I was thinking about the legality issue on these emblems I don't think there should be much of a problem being I am reproducing them out of different material and also going to plan on a different mounting system for it. Which the way I see it, it is a whole new part if that is done.

Right now I am trying to finalize the way I am going to go about mounting these to the other emblem. I would like a fastener of some sort. I was originally thinking about screwing them to the other emblem but I don't think there is enough to work with to screw into. I am now thinking about a nonthreaded push nut. I was thinking about that and maybe some double sided tape. I should figure this out before I get to far.

Suggestions?

Thanks for replys;)

gridley dean 04-03-2012 11:07 PM

Blaine,

Howdy. I like the push-on idea. Maybe one that goes all the way through the hood with a cap like you would find on tricycle rear tires. Those things are a booger to get off!
Keep up the good work.
See ya'
Dean

gridley dean 05-17-2012 02:31 AM

Hello Blaine,

How is the project coming along? I did some research and there are no manufacturers of the f100 badges you are recreating, so I'm really pulling for you! If you have any doubts about the legal crap there is an E-mail account that you might want to contact. Let me know if you care. marler86@comcast.net

F-100CustomCabTBC 05-24-2012 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by gridley dean (Post 11842871)
Hello Blaine,

How is the project coming along? I did some research and there are no manufacturers of the f100 badges you are recreating, so I'm really pulling for you! If you have any doubts about the legal crap there is an E-mail account that you might want to contact. Let me know if you care. marler86@comcast.net

Hi,
Well to be honest I haven't done anything to this project in some time now:-huh Sorry! I will try to get to it when I can. I am only literally weeks away from painting my truck so I have been busy with other things. I haven't forgot about it I walk by it everyday and think about it every now and then and wonder when I will get back to working on it.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact someone to check on the legality of the situation. I hope it doesn't totally burn this up in smoke though.

gridley dean 07-17-2012 01:30 AM

It's been awhile. I haven't forgotten your project for all of us. The contact I had with the marketing guy at FoMoCo says there are no parts or plans to make parts in the future. He did not say directly that the badges could not be made. I directly asked him to find a licensed distributer in the U.S. and he came back at me weeks later to say there are none. Keep up your task and it will pay off! Thanks,
Dean

F-100CustomCabTBC 07-18-2012 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by gridley dean (Post 12067154)
It's been awhile. I haven't forgotten your project for all of us. The contact I had with the marketing guy at FoMoCo says there are no parts or plans to make parts in the future. He did not say directly that the badges could not be made. I directly asked him to find a licensed distributer in the U.S. and he came back at me weeks later to say there are none. Keep up your task and it will pay off! Thanks,
Dean

Yea I haven't forgot about it either. Thank You very much for all of the information!!;)

Like I said right now I am really busy with my truck right now and that is why this little project has gone cold for the time being. I am in the process of picking out colors for my truck right now and trying to do some finish refurbishing of parts so they are ready for reassembly when the time comes. So I think I will be really busy with finish work and reassembly of my truck for atleast the next month or two. So I can't guarentee anything happening to this F-100 emblem for atleast that long. But I will get it done when I can.

Thank You again!

cbass139 08-31-2012 10:26 PM

I would love a set if they ever come to be. Thanks in advance,
Cbass