Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum43/)
-   -   found a source for turn signal plastic dash lens (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1145902-found-a-source-for-turn-signal-plastic-dash-lens.html)

scf100 03-08-2012 10:04 AM

found a source for turn signal plastic dash lens

the 2 green plastic lens and the red hi beam plastic lens that goes in the dash cluster you can buy from anyone who sells Thunderbird parts...

you want what is called a Instrument Panel Jewel set for a 1955-56 T-Bird....
found mine on e-bay for under 10 bucks....

they are the perfect size

NumberDummy 03-08-2012 01:53 PM

Go to a stationary store, buy one green and red margin plastic page, cut the puppies to fit.

FoMoCo never offered these parts, they were only furnished with the various dials. So, this was the scenario long before these parts were repro'd.

scf100 03-08-2012 03:28 PM

Tried to find the film as you say....went to 2 hobby/craft stores and no luck.......the ones I mentioned are thicker too

NumberDummy 03-08-2012 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by scf100 (Post 11547475)
Tried to find the film as you say....went to 2 hobby/craft stores and no luck.......the ones I mentioned are thicker too

Are there no stationary stores in jaw jah?

Y'all have a cabbage patch doll hospital, a USN supply school, a hardware store that once was a Studebaker wagon dealer and has parts for those in the basement, and 100's of new old stock kerosene lamps, so...

I would think there'd be a stationary store someplace. Maybe if y'all "went marching thru Georgia" you'd find some.

scf100 03-08-2012 03:56 PM

Bill,
you gotta catch up with us.....Cabbage Patch got sold years ago, Supply School closed last year,Hardware stores no longer have that stuff,,,,,,,

Stationary stores?.......have not seen one since Office Depot/Staples came to town.........

PS I lived on the left coast in the early 80's....Glendora and Huntington Beach......

NumberDummy 03-08-2012 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by scf100 (Post 11547626)
Bill,
you gotta catch up with us.....Cabbage Patch got sold years ago, Supply School closed last year,Hardware stores no longer have that stuff,,,,,,,

Stationary stores?.......have not seen one since Office Depot/Staples came to town.........

PS I lived on the left coast in the early 80's....Glendora and Huntington Beach......

Been to Cleveland lately? Cabbage Patch hospital alive and well. Just south of Atlanta in a town starting with a B (forget the name), is where that hardware store is located.

Band organ in one small town museum plays one tune. When the docent turned the thing on and I listened to a coupla bars, I told the docent...of all things, it's playing a homage to General William Tecumseh Sherman!

"When We Went Marching Thru Geargia." She had no clue, was prolly a relative of a carpet bagger.

Huntington Beach is due south, Glendora is NE of where my backside is sitting.

scf100 03-08-2012 04:23 PM

I know where you are sitting.....drove a deliver truck for a while for Armstrong Garden Centers when they had only 9 stores but I drove down every frigging road in LA.....
I been everywhere man!