Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum196/)
-   -   F150 Eco boost (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1145607-f150-eco-boost.html)

Fire Rooster 03-07-2012 07:50 AM

F150 Eco boost

Anyone added an aftermarket intake or even a K&N filter to their F150 EB? Worth it or any benefit at all?

Fire Rooster 03-08-2012 08:17 AM

Please keep me posted as to what you think of the intake. I just got my truck today!!!! And I am seriously debating on an air raid or not. Had one on my powerstroke and loved it

96sherm 10-07-2012 08:09 AM

I've ordered an AFE intake and tunes from 5-Star Tuning (site sponsor). Should have it Wednesday/Thursday of this week. I will post my thoughts on it once its installed...

96sherm 10-13-2012 07:39 AM

Try the AFE Stage II intake from 5star tuning!!! Just put it on my truck yesterday morning. With the custom tunes (87 performance/tow) loaded, there is a noticeble difference, but what I like the most is the turbo whistle and BOV sound :)

Neolise 09-10-2013 07:16 PM

Hi, I just installed the bully dog intake. along with mbrp 3.5 exhaust. tuner next. I am really happy with them thus far.

TAP Auto 12-19-2013 03:43 PM

The newest aFe intake looks pretty awesome.

Beechkid 12-29-2013 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fire Rooster (Post 11541182)
Anyone added an aftermarket intake or even a K&N filter to their F150 EB? Worth it or any benefit at all?

A Ford engineer was recently on leno's garage and when specifically asked about aftermarket intakes...the response was very clear...there is no performance gain unless you have made major mods to the engine to change the air flow requirements. Again, validating exactly what Testland Corporations lab results (ISO certified test facility).

Frdtrkrul 12-30-2013 02:34 AM

People who have turbo diesels have said countless times that any oiled filter just spells trouble on a turbo.

weber6point2 01-22-2014 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Beechkid (Post 13894022)
A Ford engineer was recently on leno's garage and when specifically asked about aftermarket intakes...the response was very clear...there is no performance gain unless you have made major mods to the engine to change the air flow requirements. Again, validating exactly what Testland Corporations lab results (ISO certified test facility).

saying the correct aftermarket intake does not increase HP or TQ on a forced induction engine is wrong in every way. With no other modifications to the engine or PCM.

you one of those guys that swears off exhaust scavenging too I bet? Yes in the wrong application (low displacement low compression motors) a HUGE exhaust and HUGE intake filter will create negative gains and decrease longevity of your engine. In my experience ,any forced induction motor will make significant gains with a properly engineered intake and/or exhaust system used in sync.

AFEs CAI system with headers and full exhaust, plus a proper tune we're looking at near 500RWHP from these 3.5l TT engines