Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   Innovative Diesel Tuning (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1145416-innovative-diesel-tuning.html)

Dlinzy 03-06-2012 03:26 PM

Innovative Diesel Tuning

Anyone running the Extreme Street tune or Street Aggressive, Street Performance Tow Aggressive Etc. and if so which one do you prefer for everyday driving around mostly highways.

I have all the above except Extreme Street and am contemplating getting it and loading it in the SCT.

All thoughts appreciated.

Denny

npccpartsman 03-06-2012 05:48 PM

I ran an ID Extreme race as my daily driver for 2 or 3 years. The only real difference is the transmission shifting TQ lockup IIRC.

1BadHabit 03-06-2012 07:03 PM

I have Street Aggressive, Street, Tow Aggressive and Tow Power.

Currently running TA but will probably switch back to the SA. I've used SA the most over the last few years due to it by far having the best shifting of any of them. Shifts are solid and deliberate without being overtly harsh. The only downside to it, to me, is that my truck is "clackier" when running this tune. With TA or TP the engine just seems smoother.

For highway driving like you asked, SA is nice as moving out to pass someone is pretty effortless.

rhjj 03-06-2012 07:33 PM

I have used them all, and Extreme Street for over 4 years. It is a great highway tune, merging and passing is effortless. You will be very happy.

Curt's05 03-06-2012 09:21 PM

Are you guys using these tunes without studs or gauges?

rhjj 03-07-2012 10:12 AM

No studs on my truck, but I don't tow over 6,000lbs or beat it. The head bolts are a gamble be prepared. I use the Edge insite cts and every thing looks fine.

EddieEX10 03-07-2012 11:39 AM

I have an Innovative street tune that I've been running for 2 years on a non studded truck. I make sure I let it warm up before I give it any throttle. I love the tune and haven't had any issues so far.

Curt's05 03-07-2012 03:05 PM

Your playing with fire, don't get burned! I changed the head bolts out for studs on @ a time 25k ago, no problems...

doubledee715 03-07-2012 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Curt's05 (Post 11539775)
Are you guys using these tunes without studs or gauges?

I did for about a year. DIdn't have any head gaskets symptoms but the tech said the gaskets were blown in one spot when he pulled the heads. It all depends on your right foot when you're running these tunes, if you want to enjoy what the tunes have to offer it would certainly behoove you to get studs at least.

1BadHabit 03-07-2012 09:19 PM

Gauges but no studs here.

Risky? Yes a bit. The two biggest reasons I got the tunes were for the tranny tuning and turning off the EGR. The added power is nice but not the main thing I was looking for.

Having said that, I'm prepared to accept the consequences if(when) it happens.

Ginther 03-08-2012 02:37 PM

I run Extreme Street for regular daily driving. When I tow I switch to Aggressive Tow. I Dont have head studs, but do have full gauges and a ScanGaugeII to watch all the parameters to try to avoid a blow up.

Very happy with the tunes. Runs awesome and controls the the torqueshift transmission nicely. :-X22

jkudera 03-08-2012 06:55 PM

i run aggressive tow most of the time but i almost always have a trailer behind me. also helps that i got a f550 and routinely gross out at over 40000 lbs. when running empty ill through it on aggressive street then look out! with the low gearing i got this truck will flat out fly and when up to speed and the torque convertor is locked and you get on it, wow you can feel the power. btw the light weight on the truck is just over 10000 lbs