Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   March All Topic (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1143905-march-all-topic.html)

SteveBricks 03-01-2012 07:14 AM

March All Topic

Here we go again, truck fans :-wink

67nukeford 03-01-2012 07:52 AM

Good morning Socal, welcome to March!!

turbohunter 03-01-2012 08:24 AM

Off to NY.
Keep an eye on that boulder guys.

Jetcopterpilot 03-01-2012 10:59 AM

Have fun Marc we will be busy getting stoned! :)

davewave649 03-01-2012 03:35 PM

Its march woot!! That means finals in two weeks :'( but spring break right after that :-jammin

Jetcopterpilot 03-01-2012 05:04 PM

Time Marches on!

bryyce62 03-01-2012 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jetcopterpilot (Post 11512769)
we will be busy getting stoned! :)

Hey, Hey, pass that thing around. :-X21

Jetcopterpilot 03-01-2012 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by bryyce62 (Post 11514277)
Hey, Hey, pass that thing around. :-X21

Yeah no bogarting the Rock? }>

X_Hemi_Guy 03-01-2012 06:17 PM

Evening SoCal!...happy March!

Just getting back from SoCal and settling in at home!!!

Have a great month everyone!

Joe.

SpringerPop 03-01-2012 06:38 PM

Not coming back out for our wonderful March weather, Joe?

Make it in April, then.... :)

Pop

X_Hemi_Guy 03-01-2012 06:42 PM

Pop,

I'll be back out there on Sunday again...

your weather right now is MY KIND OF WEATHER...nice and cool in the morning and 60's in the afternoons...PERFECT!!!...I know the folks out there don't like it!

I was surprised by how many peeps were out for the 6am Disney Land opening yesterday and I was further surprised that Disney was open for 24 hours to celebrate LEAP DAY!!!

I'll be headed down to Little Rock the week after next...oh joy...

How are things with you?

Joe.

SpringerPop 03-01-2012 07:14 PM

Pretty quiet this week. Too quiet. No work.

I'm doing some homework on axillary transmission cooling on Honda Pilots, as my wife thinks she needs to be able to tow a light tent-trailer with hers in about a year.

A tow package needs additional power steering cooling also.

It's something that I'll eventually have to do, so I'm prepping now.

Pop

Jetcopterpilot 03-01-2012 07:23 PM

I was just reading an Article about the suspension of Drag racing at Fontana Speedway pending the results of an EIR (Enviromental Impact Report). Apparently a local small business organization filed a complaint about the noise, and has file a cease and desist order..... Funny thing it is not limiting the use of the Superspeedway for NASCAR or INDY car racing, over 4-5 day race weeks... Seems the green backs talk as long as they are the big green backs.... This is similar to the morons in Rossmoor, and College Park East many years ago complaining about the noise from Los Alamitos Air base which was built as much as 30 plus years before their homes were.... Funny thing I grew up In the Rossmoor area, I have always loved the sounds of teh jets, and the Helo's flying over.. It is a very secure feeling to know the military is so close at hand....

SteveBricks 03-01-2012 07:48 PM

There was supposed to be a test-n-tune this Saturday and I was going to go get a few passes in to try out the new set up before next week's season opener. Gotta go all the way down to Barona now.

Maybe they'll be able to placate the offended parties by building a sound wall. While they're at it maybe they can build one around the scrap yards and train tracks that surround the place. People should be glad when they hear that noise, it's money in their pockets if they would only think about it a bit.

Jetcopterpilot 03-01-2012 09:36 PM

Come on..... it is Fontana the garden spot of the nation, mecca of vacations to the stars...

Why would we want to build Big ugly walls that would ruin the beautiful views and vistas.. I mean that view of the homeless guy begging at the Cherry off ramp of the 10 is just stunning, and absolutely a Kodak moment... Or the scrapped 1980's Chebies turning slowly to Iron Oxide give you the feeling of being in Sedona Arizona with the red rock Mesa's, and beautiful escarpments Let's not forget the scent diesel from the trucks from all of the local trucking yards, nicely blended with the scent of Cow Dung... it smells like Vctory... Okay this is getting ridiculous just as filing a noise complaint years after the fact is ridiculous....

So Steve how much more will it cost you to make the run to Barona as compared to Fontucky?