Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   [GUIDE] How to post pictures on the forums. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1136797-guide-how-to-post-pictures-on-the-forums.html)

Gundown64 02-01-2012 05:52 PM

[GUIDE] How to post pictures on the forums.

I posted this over in my native 04-08 forum a while back and figured I should post it here since this is probably the biggest forum on here and prone to a lot of pictures. :D

From my original post:
I've noticed there are quite a few newer members who aren't quite aware of how to post pictures, so I had some free time today and I thought I'd make a quick video on how to upload pictures to Photobucket and then post them on the forums. It's nothing amazing, but I think I explained it well enough. Feel free to simply link people here (or the video) if you need or contact me if you need any more help! Thanks!

How to upload pictures to the FTE Forums. - YouTube

IslandBlueV10 02-01-2012 07:19 PM

Hay Thanks, for posting and Reps sent your way. This is good for newbies, so we can refer to this when people ask how to post pics.

tuscany 02-02-2012 07:51 PM

Very good job and youtube film. My statement is ....in the marketplace when posting a Ford Truck Parts for Sale, in the area is says: (right above the "message:" box......."Upload / Manage Photos:"
Now what happens there? I can nothing to happen. Any advice? or is this a programming error?

Thanks....was able to upload pics to the thread

powerstroke72 02-02-2012 10:30 PM

Great instructions and tutorial.:-X22

In the interest of getting as much attention to this as possible and with a recommendation from Tom (Crazy001), I'm going to sticky this thread. Hopefully it'll get plenty of views at the top of the forum.

Thanks again Colby.;)

Gundown64 02-03-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by tuscany (Post 11377516)
Very good job and youtube film. My statement is ....in the marketplace when posting a Ford Truck Parts for Sale, in the area is says: (right above the "message:" box......."Upload / Manage Photos:"
Now what happens there? I can nothing to happen. Any advice? or is this a programming error?

Thanks....was able to upload pics to the thread

Some forums allow members to upload pictures directly from their computers to the forum. This forum does not allow that, which is why you have to upload them to a a hosting website. However, if they did, you would most likely be able to upload them right there. So the heading that says Manage/Upload Photos is still there, but there is just no option to do so.

Hope that answers it and thanks a lot to everyone for your kind words!

jdshoops 02-04-2012 04:07 PM

job well done. thanks for the help

kd0axs 02-04-2012 04:34 PM

Good info!

A couple other tips too:

If you are taking your pictures with an Android phone or iPhone, Photobucket has an app that allows you to upload your pictures directly from your phone and access all your pictures that you have uploaded. After you have uploaded them from your phone, you can access them via Photobucket on your computer, or you can post them in a thread right from your phone using the FTE mobile site.

You can also post pictures that you might find on other websites using the IMG codes. Simply copy and paste the URL of the picture and then place [IMG] in front of it and [/IMG] after it and then the picture will show up in your post.

Tom 02-04-2012 07:04 PM

This is great stuff, tonight I'm copying this over to the 6.4L/6.7L diesel forums and the E-series van forum! :)

raptor131 02-06-2012 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gundown64 (Post 11388107)
Some forums allow members to upload pictures directly from their computers to the forum. This forum does not allow that, which is why you have to upload them to a a hosting website. However, if they did, you would most likely be able to upload them right there. So the heading that says Manage/Upload Photos is still there, but there is just no option to do so.

Hope that answers it and thanks a lot to everyone for your kind words!

It does for site supporters

amdriven2liv 02-06-2012 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by raptor131 (Post 11393759)

Great thread and explanation of how to. Will be sending folks this way.

Yes, it sure does.(the picture below is up loaded using the manage attachments button) Glad I'm a supporter, and I do believe the forum will keep them there for ever. Is this right? I hate it when some one with a great thread with pictures loses their photobucket account. They all disappear.

SteveBricks 02-06-2012 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by amdriven2liv (Post 11393917)
Glad I'm a supporter, and I do believe the forum will keep them there for ever. Is this right?

Correct. Once an image is uploaded to the site it's here to stay.

zhilton 02-08-2012 12:01 PM

Great idea! By the way....you can also create a gallery for your photos here on FTE, and link from those photos to a thread. I've done it in the past several times and seems to work just fine. As long as your member/user ID isn't closed the photos will remain.

Gundown64 02-09-2012 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by raptor131 (Post 11393759)

I realize that now. I was not aware at the time. Of course, not everyone is a supporter and would have that option.

Originally Posted by zhilton (Post 11403183)
Great idea! By the way....you can also create a gallery for your photos here on FTE, and link from those photos to a thread. I've done it in the past several times and seems to work just fine. As long as your member/user ID isn't closed the photos will remain.

Yea, you can, however, I HATE the upload system in the gallery/garrage. For one, your pictures have to be under 97.7kb! That is a crazy small file size and no camera takes pictures that small. So this typically requires you to manually reduce the file size, which can be a big pain sometimes. Sites like Photobucket will do all that work for you and give you a link right there to use. This way is MUCH simpler for the not-so-computer-savvy people out there.

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words! :)

BLADE35 02-14-2012 08:24 PM

[quote=zhilton;11403183]Great idea! By the way....you can also create a gallery for your photos here on FTE, and link from those photos to a thread. quote]

Originally Posted by Gundown64 (Post 11408865)

Yea, you can, however, I HATE the upload system in the gallery/garrage. For one, your pictures have to be under 97.7kb! That is a crazy small file size and no camera takes pictures that small. So this typically requires you to manually reduce the file size, which can be a big pain sometimes.

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words! :)

Reps Given Great Job

I have been just reducing them in size and loading them Here on FTE to my pics/album as well.

With them on the FTE site in my albums folks can find them easy :-X22

IDK anything about photo bucket is that free or do you have to pay a subscription fee ???

SteveBricks 02-14-2012 08:33 PM

Photobucket is free, and simple to use:

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

kornfanjoe 03-03-2012 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by amdriven2liv (Post 11393917)
Great thread and explanation of how to. Will be sending folks this way.

Yes, it sure does.(the picture below is up loaded using the manage attachments button) Glad I'm a supporter, and I do believe the forum will keep them there for ever. Is this right? I hate it when some one with a great thread with pictures loses their photobucket account. They all disappear.

hey that looks like an HTC phone I love the look of the gauges on there how did you manage that?

raptor131 04-08-2012 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by kornfanjoe (Post 11521092)
hey that looks like an HTC phone I love the look of the gauges on there how did you manage that?

Bump! What is that?

Yahiko 05-07-2012 11:52 PM

Can you also use some thing like
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Thanks
Sean

Gundown64 05-19-2012 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Yahiko (Post 11805416)
Can you also use some thing like
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Thanks
Sean

Sorry for the late reply, not sure you'll even see this, but yes you can use that website. I actually use it more often than Photobucket.

fordtruckrodder 06-21-2012 09:12 PM

How can someone create a garage?

kmrod 10-31-2012 06:26 PM

put this in the wrong spot

DawnPatrol 03-11-2013 03:43 PM

Hey I have no problems posting photos, BUT I have been trying to get an animated avatar uploaded (the same avatar as showing but an animated gif file)...
I have it under the 32mb file limit (24) but what type of animated files will you take if not a gif animated?
I know I have seen a couple of animated avatars so it must support something...

PS when I try uploading the animated gif file (even though tis 24mb) it says the file is over 32 ??

SteveBricks 03-11-2013 03:49 PM

Maximum avatar file size for non-supporters is 32kb, not 32mb. :)

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/payments.php

DawnPatrol 03-11-2013 04:00 PM

OOps that what I meant :)
but what type of animated files does the forum support for avatars (if any)

SteveBricks 03-11-2013 04:10 PM

I'm afraid I'm not much help beyond that :o .png may work.

tappit01 03-24-2013 12:11 AM

can some one please help me figure out how to quote several post numbers from different users like it was done in post # 13. thanks

SteveBricks 03-24-2013 07:36 AM

Lets say, for example, you wish to quote 3 different posts. You would click the mulit-quote icon (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/i...iquote_off.gif) on the first two, then you would click the quote icon (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/i...tons/quote.gif) on the third, which will bring up the reply box.

tappit01 03-24-2013 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by SteveBricks (Post 12985132)
Lets say, for example, you wish to quote 3 different posts. You would click the mulit-quote icon (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/i...iquote_off.gif) on the first two, then you would click the quote icon (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/i...tons/quote.gif) on the third, which will bring up the reply box.

thank you, that seems to work . one more question. how can I make it show only one sentence out of their entire message. thanks again.

SteveBricks 03-24-2013 10:29 PM

Once you're in the compose post box, just highlight and delete everything that you don't want to show.

tappit01 03-24-2013 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by SteveBricks (Post 12988042)
Once you're in the compose post box, just highlight and delete everything that you don't want to show.

that's what I was looking for . thank you steve :-X22

russphotobucket 09-16-2013 03:09 PM

New Photobucket Tutorial

Hi Everyone,

This is Russ at Photobucket. I am part of our Community Outreach Team. Thanks for posting that video, you did an awesome job. We've updated the look and feel of our site, so I put together a brief visual tutorial that highlights the new layout.

There are two ways to post images into this forum.

The first way is to use the “Insert Photo” button in the toolbar when you create a new thread or response.
First, find the photo on Photobucket in a new tab or window, locate the “Links to share this photo” box to the right of the image, and simply click on the bottom option, labeled “Direct”. Photobucket automatically copies the code for you, so there’s no need to right click and select copy from a menu.
Next, open a new thread or response in the forum and click on the Insert Image button. A new dialogue box will appear asking you to enter the URL address for the photo. Simply paste the info you grabbed from Photobucket into the dialogue box and you’re done. Easy.
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/o...inchButton.gif

The other way to post a photo is to skip the Insert Photo button and just use the BBCode, or IMG Code. Find the photo on Photobucket that you want to link to. Then, in the “Links to share this photo” box to the right of the photo, simply click on the third option from the top, labeled “IMG”. This is already written in the BBCode your forum requires, so just paste it right into the text of the thread you are creating, and presto!
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/o...t/WinchIMG.gif

Some of you have also been asking about resizing your images. You can resize your photos before you upload them to Photobucket, or you can do it right from your Library.
1. Select “Edit” from the top menu, then click the photo you want to resize. Additionally, from your Library view you can hover over the thumbnail of the photo you want till the gear icon appears. Click the gear and select “Edit” from the drop down menu.
2. Click the “Resize” button
3. Make sure the lock icon is selected to constrain proportions and enter the new height or width you want and click “Apply”
4. The next screen will ask you to save. Below the save button is a box labeled “Replace Original”. If you leave this box empty, a duplicate will be created in the new size and will need to be renamed. If you check this box, the original will be replaced by the newly resized image.
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/o...t/Resizing.gif

I hope that helps. If you have any questions or feedback on what would make your photo hosting experience better, please send it my way.

RUSS
Community Outreach
community@photobucket.com

Rusty Axlerod 12-07-2014 05:49 AM

Are there still limits to the size of our album on the FTE server? I ask because I can't upload a picture from my computer (iPad) this morning. It gets to 99% up loaded and displays a message box saying ALERT. PHOTO CANNOT BE UPLOADED. If I need to clean out my photo library, what's te most convenient way to select and delete multiple pictures? Will deleting pictures from my album also delete them from previous posts?

Thanks

04badford 12-07-2014 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty Axlerod (Post 14882129)
Are there still limits to the size of our album on the FTE server? I ask because I can't upload a picture from my computer (iPad) this morning. It gets to 99% up loaded and displays a message box saying ALERT. PHOTO CANNOT BE UPLOADED. If I need to clean out my photo library, what's te most convenient way to select and delete multiple pictures? Will deleting pictures from my album also delete them from previous posts?

Thanks

I don't think it's from you Eric I tried today too and the same thing came up. this is a Question for Maximum John:D

LeoJr 06-23-2015 08:09 PM

Question... As someone that has been using photobucket, but do not want the pics to disappear in my threads, is there an admin tool that will redirect all of the links if I move all the pics to this site?

Adan_Reyes 06-17-2016 12:04 AM

how do you start a thread or post however you call it? im having some trouble with my 6.0 and need some help idk how to post things on the forums.

Yahiko 06-19-2016 02:50 AM

See this on the main page 6.0L Forum Page top left look for this.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...5f3f9e6446.jpg

:oval

Carlosfj80 06-29-2016 11:20 PM

Why are all the pics taken on my iPhone showing up upside down? Looks fine on my phone when looking at the thread.

Yahiko 06-30-2016 12:56 AM

Are you using the FTE app?
Because I use a Mac I tend to upload my photos after I import then export them
so I know that they are right-side up.

It's too bad that there is not an option to change the orientation of the image
when you do the upload.

You might try a trouble report and see if one of the mods has an idea on a fix
for you.

:oval

Carlosfj80 06-30-2016 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Yahiko (Post 16392124)
Are you using the FTE app?
Because I use a Mac I tend to upload my photos after I import then export them
so I know that they are right-side up.

It's too bad that there is not an option to change the orientation of the image
when you do the upload.

You might try a trouble report and see if one of the mods has an idea on a fix
for you.

Sean <BR> https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...455b8d603e.gif

6.0L Tech Folder :oval

No, I'm not using the app, using the regular site on my phone. Thanks for the advice!

Yahiko 06-30-2016 01:35 AM

I have never tried it from my iPhone.