Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.4L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum169/)
-   -   [GUIDE] How to post pictures on the forums. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1136690-guide-how-to-post-pictures-on-the-forums.html)

Gundown64 02-01-2012 05:52 PM

[GUIDE] How to post pictures on the forums.

I posted this over in my native 04-08 forum a while back and figured I should post it here since this is probably the biggest forum on here and prone to a lot of pictures. :D

From my original post:
I've noticed there are quite a few newer members who aren't quite aware of how to post pictures, so I had some free time today and I thought I'd make a quick video on how to upload pictures to Photobucket and then post them on the forums. It's nothing amazing, but I think I explained it well enough. Feel free to simply link people here (or the video) if you need or contact me if you need any more help! Thanks!

How to upload pictures to the FTE Forums. - YouTube

IslandBlueV10 02-01-2012 07:19 PM

Hay Thanks, for posting and Reps sent your way. This is good for newbies, so we can refer to this when people ask how to post pics.

tuscany 02-02-2012 07:51 PM

Very good job and youtube film. My statement is ....in the marketplace when posting a Ford Truck Parts for Sale, in the area is says: (right above the "message:" box......."Upload / Manage Photos:"
Now what happens there? I can nothing to happen. Any advice? or is this a programming error?

Thanks....was able to upload pics to the thread

powerstroke72 02-02-2012 10:30 PM

Great instructions and tutorial.:-X22

In the interest of getting as much attention to this as possible and with a recommendation from Tom (Crazy001), I'm going to sticky this thread. Hopefully it'll get plenty of views at the top of the forum.

Thanks again Colby.;)

Gundown64 02-03-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by tuscany (Post 11377516)
Very good job and youtube film. My statement is ....in the marketplace when posting a Ford Truck Parts for Sale, in the area is says: (right above the "message:" box......."Upload / Manage Photos:"
Now what happens there? I can nothing to happen. Any advice? or is this a programming error?

Thanks....was able to upload pics to the thread

Some forums allow members to upload pictures directly from their computers to the forum. This forum does not allow that, which is why you have to upload them to a a hosting website. However, if they did, you would most likely be able to upload them right there. So the heading that says Manage/Upload Photos is still there, but there is just no option to do so.

Hope that answers it and thanks a lot to everyone for your kind words!

jdshoops 02-04-2012 04:07 PM

job well done. thanks for the help

kd0axs 02-04-2012 04:34 PM

Good info!

A couple other tips too:

If you are taking your pictures with an Android phone or iPhone, Photobucket has an app that allows you to upload your pictures directly from your phone and access all your pictures that you have uploaded. After you have uploaded them from your phone, you can access them via Photobucket on your computer, or you can post them in a thread right from your phone using the FTE mobile site.

You can also post pictures that you might find on other websites using the IMG codes. Simply copy and paste the URL of the picture and then place [IMG] in front of it and [/IMG] after it and then the picture will show up in your post.

Tom 02-04-2012 07:04 PM

This is great stuff, tonight I'm copying this over to the 6.4L/6.7L diesel forums and the E-series van forum! :)

Kyle799 09-14-2012 06:25 PM

Great video thanks

spoolen&smoken 02-01-2013 09:29 PM

Posting pics from mobile?

Any easy way to post pics from a smart phone??

spoolen&smoken 02-01-2013 09:37 PM

Never mind. good help on the you tube thx

Davidvc1964 05-19-2013 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by spoolen&smoken (Post 12787872)
Never mind. good help on the you tube thx

Could you provide the link that you found? I too am looking for a simple way to post pics from a smartphone (iPhone).
Thanks

Priddyfast1 01-08-2018 05:00 PM

Great info

I'm just getting started on this site and would like to post info and pics of my trucks. Thanks for the guide lines.