Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum38/)
-   -   CAD Files (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1133856-cad-files.html)

USArmyTaterness 01-26-2012 03:13 PM

I will bring three of those giant black trash bags filled with air and a bendy straw should be fine.

ChaseTruck754 01-26-2012 03:24 PM

I was thinking just a reaaaaaly long straw but then you'd have to open the window to put it out there & that would let the water in.

USArmyTaterness 01-26-2012 03:30 PM

then I would get cold cause i would be all wet with the air rushing by

TrippingCobras 04-08-2013 10:50 AM

No one has a CAD file?

So I take it no one actually produced the goods for this one.

Killgore 04-08-2013 04:37 PM

well if anyone is interested I could post a couple of pictures of the sub enclosure I built in cad for the truck

XSoph 01-17-2016 07:03 PM

Old thread, I see. Any-who, if anybody has original blueprints for the dent side trucks I'd like to take a crack at digitizing them in CAD. I use this kind of software on a daily basis and would love to mock up my fabrications digitally before building. It would be a lot faster if I could trace some original Ford drawings.

I don't mean the stuff out of manuals. I mean the big table top drawings. I could make do scanning shop manual drawings, but I'll have to spend a lot more time out there measuring an actual truck.

Thanks all.

[edit] I am finding some decent stuff on fortification.com, so bear with me.

jredline1984 01-19-2016 07:51 PM

Reps given for your determination. Are you using a vector tracing software or just a standalone CAD program?

XSoph 01-19-2016 08:00 PM

I'm planning to trace all the 2D materials I can find in AutoCAD, then use that for underlaying the 3D modeling in inventor. I'd like to model individual parts as I go and Inventor is specifically made for that kind of modeling.

Jeremy Kamutzki 01-20-2016 09:27 AM

Hey, I know this is an old thread, but it seems like a great idea! I know there was a problem with putting the files up here, but I was thinking, why don't we just use Google Drive?

I started a public folder on my drive that could be used by everyone to upload/download CAD drawings. I only have one in there right now - A drawing for the intake heating plate for an Offenhauser 360 degree intake for the 300 I6.

The drive is located here, and should be accessible by all. The way that it is set up is that anyone is able to view and download the files that are in this folder, but you are unable to upload files. If you have files that you want to contribute and don't want to put them on your cloud storage or don't have cloud storage, you are welcome to use my folder to upload them to. All you need to do is send me a PM. I'm on here pretty regularly and will get back to you pretty quick. Draw Away!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...nM&usp=sharing

XSoph 01-20-2016 09:31 AM

Sweet idea. :-X22 There are multiple cloud storage services that offer entry level free accounts. I've got Drop Box, Google Drive, OneDrive. I don't think it really matters what people use as long as the links they contribute function.

Jeremy Kamutzki 01-20-2016 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by XSoph (Post 15966160)
Sweet idea. :-X22 There are multiple cloud storage services that offer entry level free accounts. I've got Drop Box, Google Drive, OneDrive. I don't think it really matters what people use as long as the links they contribute function.

Yeah, I agree. Question for you; are you able to view the link I sent? and can you upload a file to my drive? just curious if that's something that works with the way the permissions are set; I have it that anyone with the link should be able to edit.

XSoph 01-20-2016 09:40 AM

I was able to add your Drive folder to my directory. I just uploaded a 'Test' file. See if it appears in your directory now.

Jeremy Kamutzki 01-20-2016 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by XSoph (Post 15966194)
I was able to add your Drive folder to my directory. I just uploaded a 'Test' file. See if it appears in your directory now.

Yep, I can see it. It looks pretty darn similar to my intake heating plate.... just renamed ;) Ok, so that works! That is really good! Hopefully some other people have made some CAD stuff and are willing to share.

XSoph 01-20-2016 09:47 AM

Just a thought. You might want to make any shared cloud storage invite only - or - back it up to a closed access directory so no one can wipe it out or replace all of our header drawings with genitalia. :-tap :eek:

Don't want to be cynical or anything, but some people *cough*chevy drivers}>*cough* just wanna watch the world burn. :-X15

Jeremy Kamutzki 01-20-2016 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by XSoph (Post 15966220)
Just a thought. You might want to make any shared cloud storage invite only - or - back it up to a closed access directory so no one can wipe it out or replace all of our header drawings with genitalia. :-tap

Don't want to be cynical or anything, but some people *cough*chevy drivers}>*cough* just wanna watch the world burn.

Ahh, good thought. I'll see if there's a good way to do that.

Ok, let's try this... Anyone with the link can VIEW (and download files from) the folder.... If you want to edit (I think this includes adding files) you must have your email added by me to get editing permission.

I have set the permissions as above - It seems that I can download the files, but not upload any - can you try and confirm this? If that works, we can effectively limit the changing of the files by granting editing permission only to FTE members who PM me their email address.