Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Welcome our newest member! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1132137-welcome-our-newest-member.html)

67nukeford 01-19-2012 10:35 AM

Welcome our newest member!

Hey guys, help me in welcoming our newest member, HarleyGyrene, to the Nebraska chapter!!

:-X25

HarleyGyrene 01-19-2012 12:25 PM

Greetings, all !

Thanks for letting join in the group. Gotta say, I love this site ! Wish the internet had been around when I started with this addiction !
About me: old, busted up, former Marine, currently living in western Nebraska. Got too many hobbies and not enough money. I am into Harleys ('97 EVO Softail), R/C helicopters, and old Ford trucks ! My first pickup was a '47: paid $200.00 and wished I still had it. Currently have a standard '56 F100 that I drove from Virginia back here in the early '80's when I got out of the service. Did a Chevy front clip and a 350 motor (sorry, guys !) and it still runs like the day I converted it. Also picked up a '56 NAPCO 4x4: had planned on restoring it, but we we'll see how that pans out.
Again, I appreciate this site and thanks for letting me in the door !! Some awesome info and pics here !!

fordnut forever 01-20-2012 08:22 AM

Welcome to the Chapter,sounds like you have some nice toys!!

Redrocket9.0 01-31-2012 12:54 AM

Semper Fi Devil! Welcome aboard, and glad to have ya.

67nukeford 01-31-2012 03:41 PM

HarleyGyrene, good to have you here. I'll try and not pick on you and Tyler to much (GO Navy!LOL) Liking the 56! One of our guys in Kearney is currently restoring a 56, I'll have to get his butt on here and have him look you up!

BTW, can we get your first name, so we know who we're talking to? Thanks!

HarleyGyrene 01-31-2012 06:28 PM

Thanks for the welcome, guys. Just call me "Jake" and I look forward to meeting some of you down the line ! Gotta say, I luv this site: have been reading the posts from all the way back to '99 and have found a ton of info.

HarleyGyrene 01-31-2012 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by 97nukeford (Post 11366100)
(GO Navy!LOL)

BTW, can we get your first name, so we know who we're talking to? Thanks!

LOL ! I'll let you slide on the "Go Navy". The Marine Corps (in all it's wisdom) sent me to Rosie Roads, Puerto Rico, and put me in charge of a navy detachment there as the senior enlisted man: you can guess how well that went over at first !! Turned out to be one of the best duty stations I ever had !!

Redrocket9.0 01-31-2012 06:46 PM

You know what they say about the Marines being a Department of the Navy. ;)

Which department was that again?? :p

HarleyGyrene 01-31-2012 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Redrocket9.0 (Post 11367026)

OK, I'll do it "THE MENS DEPARTMENT"" :-drink

cowboywanabe 02-01-2012 01:09 PM

Howdy Jake, welcome from your northern neighbor... I've got the old Ford vs. Harley issue in my garage too. Never seems to be enough money around to keep them both happy at the same time!

HarleyGyrene 02-01-2012 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe (Post 11370771)
Howdy Jake, welcome from your northern neighbor... I've got the old Ford vs. Harley issue in my garage too. Never seems to be enough money around to keep them both happy at the same time!

Yep, I know the feeling, and then the wife thinks she needs some cash for some piddling thing like bills or groceries !
:-drink

67nukeford 02-02-2012 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by HarleyGyrene (Post 11366917)
Thanks for the welcome, guys. Just call me "Jake" and I look forward to meeting some of you down the line ! Gotta say, I luv this site: have been reading the posts from all the way back to '99 and have found a ton of info.

Outstanding Jake!

Originally Posted by HarleyGyrene (Post 11366943)
LOL ! I'll let you slide on the "Go Navy". The Marine Corps (in all it's wisdom) sent me to Rosie Roads, Puerto Rico, and put me in charge of a navy detachment there as the senior enlisted man: you can guess how well that went over at first !! Turned out to be one of the best duty stations I ever had !!

Originally Posted by Redrocket9.0 (Post 11367026)

Originally Posted by HarleyGyrene (Post 11367287)
OK, I'll do it "THE MENS DEPARTMENT"" :-drink

Heehee....Just an FYI, my dad is a 35 year Marine, spent most of it in the reserves, so I've heard about all of them! :-X04