Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nevada Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum181/)
-   -   Please welcome our newest members... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1129701-please-welcome-our-newest-members.html)

67 Olfthfl 01-10-2012 03:00 PM

Please welcome our newest members...

Hello Everyone,

Please welcome our newest NV Chapter members...

Jakebrake
Wyollie
Fryer1979
Darksidem

Welcome aboard! :)

Fryer1979 01-10-2012 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Donna, and hello everyone. My name is Ryan, but I usually end up going by fryer. I worked as a mechanic here in my little town for several years in addition to working a couple of the local parts stores. I've moved on in my career, but still keep my head under the hoods as much as possible. I live in a small California town called Susanville, but I spend most of my time in the Reno area, socialize mostly with Reno people (outside of my car club anyway), and will be looking to move towards Reno in the next few months. Currently my only Ford is a 1991 F-250. It is a regular cab long bed, with a 460, 5-speed and 4 wheel drive. I found it in my friends back yard, and am currently working on getting it on the road as time and money allow. I don't own a computer at the moment, so the only time I get to log on is when I have a little free time at work. Glad to be here, and looking forward to being a part of this community.

Here is a current shot of my truck:
Attachment 46884

Bdox 01-11-2012 10:45 AM

Welcome aboard Ryan!

That truck looks like a beast.

Fryer1979 01-11-2012 04:10 PM

Thanks man, she's a little fragile feeling as I'm working on bringing her back to life. A little more time with her and she'll be running smooth and tough. Still have to get her to pass the tough Ca emissions, but the cool thing about Lassen County is I only have to smog her when she is first registered. Of course that will change once I get into the Reno area....

racerchick21 01-11-2012 09:11 PM

Welcome! Yeah, one of the only two counties where smog is required in the state unfortunately.

R1_Demon 01-12-2012 04:05 AM

Welcome! :-wink Glad to see you all here! :-X22

67 Olfthfl 01-12-2012 09:31 AM

Hey Ryan,

Can I have your 79? Wanna race? LOL! :)

kameronth 01-12-2012 04:15 PM

Welcome Ryan. I like your rig!

Fryer1979 01-12-2012 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys!

Sorry Donna, that Z28 is my baby. She has been with me for the passed 15 years. But I will happily run ya anytime, she's not the fastest but she will get your attention. :D

I know she's not a Ford, but she will always be my baby:
Attachment 47048

R1_Demon 01-12-2012 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Fryer1979 (Post 11275038)
Thanks guys!

Sorry Donna, that Z28 is my baby. She has been with me for the passed 15 years. But I will happily run ya anytime, she's not the fastest but she will get your attention. :D

I know she's not a Ford, but she will always be my baby:
Attachment 47048

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!!! I used to have a 79 Z28 as well. Actually, I've had 5 various types of Camaros over the years. ;-) I love building them. :-X22 You definitely get an A+ for class today. LOL :-drink

Fryer1979 01-12-2012 08:58 PM

Thanks. I've kind of been called "the Camaro guy" around here for a while. I've owned as many as 5 Camaros at a given time (I think somewhere around 35 have passed through my hands), almost everything from 68 to 94....All except for my dream '70 Split Bumper. I have a '68 Firebird 400 waiting it's turn for a build that I hope to get up and going then trade for said split bumper. This '79 was my second Camaro, and has stayed with me since I was 17 years old. She was always my favorite, and is currently my only.

Darksidesm 01-13-2012 07:48 AM

Hello, I am Justin.
I just moved back to Las Vegas from Maine where I have lived for 4.5 years.

I have a 1984 F-150 Ext. Cab with a 351 V8. It is currently still in Maine until I get the money to ship it over. I plan to restore it.

I also have a 2005 Freestyle that is my daily vehicle.

I have a picture of my truck in my sig. Will have to post a full size later.

wyollie 01-15-2012 07:28 AM

Well I guess I should introduce myself officially. My name is Wyatt and I'm addicted to Ford.... Now that that's out of the way- My wife and I have been in Mesquite for 2.5 years now and are real happy. I've been working here for 4.5 years, but before we moved here we lived in St. George, UT where my wife is from and I commuted to work. As you may have seen in another post we are expecting our 3rd child in July. :-wow

As for my Ford addiction: I've always loved Broncos and was able to buy a '79 Bronco a little over a year ago and found it to be a great stress reliever when I worked on it, even though it stressed me out when I couldn't get it to work right. It had a super loud and fast 460 from a Lincoln, but there was so much weird crap that the P.O. did to it that it was a pain to fix, and the more I got into the more I realized that he had really fubar'd some stuff. When I went to look at it the first time, he told me it was a 390. :-missingt Not even close.

Anyway, I found out through the grapevine that an older guy in town was selling his '77 F150 (that he bought new) for only $800 so I sold the Bronco and got the '77. He was also a mechanic so he kept on top of the maintenance and rebuilt the motor not even 10,000 miles ago. It only got driven once a year for the last several years so it wasn't used to being a daily driver, but I'm getting broken in. I bought some used 36" swampers and threw them on it since all the old tires were going flat. My next project is to install the 4" lift that I've had since I had the Bronco but I'm too busy with honey-dos, family time, and work. The 4 year-old loves to help me and go cruisin' to school in the truck. One day he told me "Dad, don't sell this twuck, ok? I like it. A lot. I didn't like the other one cuz it was stinky."

I look forward to getting to know y'all and hopefully we can have a GTG this year.

https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/.../photo-(1).jpg

Bdox 01-18-2012 01:42 PM

Always good to have a truck that's not stinky! Don't drive it in feed lots, OK?

william_04_x 01-28-2012 05:44 PM

Welcome Jakebrake, Wyollie, Darksidesm, and camero guy. :-X03