Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   adding cruise to 2010 f-150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1127883-adding-cruise-to-2010-f-150-a.html)

Faron Mizelle 01-03-2012 07:07 PM

adding cruise to 2010 f-150

has anyone added cruise to a 2010 f-150 to look like factory

tvsjr 01-03-2012 09:45 PM

You don't need to post multiple times...

Faron Mizelle 01-04-2012 08:06 AM

wouldn't if someone would answer the first time

msgtord 01-04-2012 09:05 AM

It's been done on Crown Vics. It may be the same for F150's. I think on the later model Crown Vics, only a steering wheel was needed, then have the dealer flash the ecm.

Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Marauder, and Towncar has some threads about adding cruise control. I would think that it would be the same for F150's.

meborder 01-04-2012 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Faron Mizelle (Post 11235791)
wouldn't if someone would answer the first time

it is quite likely that no one knows, which would explain the lack of response.

my work truck has next to nothing for options. manual windows and lock, 2wd, AM/FM only, and we still got cruise. As far as i know, the only options we got is Limited slip, cruise, and the 5.4 (tow package) because we are required to order Flex-fuel vehicles when available.

our are stripped and we still got cruise ... so i'm guessing you have one of the hand-full in the country that don't have it.

people on this forum are pretty nice, lack of response usually indicates lack of usefull input, not lack of interest.

I read your thread right away, but I didn't think that "I don't know" would have been that helpful.

Faron Mizelle 01-04-2012 12:41 PM

Thanks for the info. The dealers are telling me it can't be done. the cruise control store say they are sure that it can be. Neither will take the steering wheel back if it does not work.

PowerStrokeHD 01-04-2012 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Faron Mizelle (Post 11236842)
Thanks for the info. The dealers are telling me it can't be done. the cruise control store say they are sure that it can be. Neither will take the steering wheel back if it does not work.

Not saying that it can or can not be done, but this is Ford's official stance on the matter...

INSTALLING OEM CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEMS IN NON-EQUIPPED VEHICLES IS NOT RECOMMENDED OR SUPPORTED.
INSTALLING OEM CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM COMPONENTS IN A NON-CRUISE CONTROL EQUIPPED VEHICLE, IS NOT RECOMMENDED OR SUPPORTED ON ANY FORD OR MERCURY VEHICLE. THE INSTALLATION OF OEM SWITCH EQUIPPED STEERING WHEELS, MODULES, OR ANY OTHER CRUISE CONTROL COMPONENT, WILL NOT ALLOW CRUISE CONTROL OPERATION. MODULE CONFIGURATION REQUIREMENTS ARE DIFFERENT BETWEEN OEM CRUISE CONTROL AND NON-EQUIPPED VEHICLES, AND SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED.

Faron Mizelle 01-05-2012 12:41 PM

Thanks!! Will probably just go with aftermarket.

michael cook 01-07-2012 01:23 AM

cruise

that's weird I asked dealer about adding it to mine they said just need new wheel and flash computer !!!! I wonder what is really correct???

Tylus 01-07-2012 04:16 AM

do you guys ever search FTE?

it can be done using 100% OEM components.

1. Look at your steering wheel. There are 2 types
Type 1 has blanks installed
Type 2 has no blanks...so no place to install the switches.

If you have type 1, rejoice. If you have type 2, order/buy a XLT steering wheel that has Cruise Control
2. Buy the Cruise Control switches.
Look around at the online Ford parts places. Better yet, call up Tasca or Tousley Ford and tell them you need the Cruise control switches for the steering wheel.
3. Take new steering wheel (if you had to buy) + switches. Install into truck
4. Take truck down to Dealership and get real cozy with the Service Manager or a Tech
They have to hook up to the Inst Cluster and modify the as built data. basically, they need to look at an XLT truck on the lot that has CC on it. Then take that info and tell your PCM/Inst. Cluster that it too should have CC.
5. Turn on the truck, test the CC out and drive happy.

sorry for the sarcastic tone

michael cook 01-07-2012 06:04 AM

cruise

My steering wheel has the info /reset/? buttons on left side of wheel nothing on the right side so do I need the xlt wheel also 2011 model

meborder 01-07-2012 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by michael cook (Post 11248876)
My steering wheel has the info /reset/? buttons on left side of wheel nothing on the right side so do I need the xlt wheel also 2011 model

your info/reset button is on the steering wheel?!?!?

odd ... mine is on the gauge cluster ... must have changed from -10 to -11?