Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   Archoil Products (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1123418-archoil-products.html)

DevilDocTater 12-16-2011 06:42 PM

Archoil Products

I heard about the Archoil line of products from a fellow diesel friend. I went to their website (Archoil brings advanced solutions to lubrication, fuel and corrosion. Nanoborate grease, Nano Borate Oil, Nano Particles, Corrosion, Rust, MotorSilk, LubriSilk,Turkey, Biodegradable Engine, Motor Treatment Lubricants, Motor Silk, Boron CLS Bond Lubri) and read up on their 9100 and 6200 products. Also found a great thread on The Diesel Garage 6.0 section about these products also. I tried the 6200 in my fuel and it made my engine run more quiet and operate smooth. Added the 9100 to the oil and noticed easier cold starts and smoother operation. Not sure if the 9100 did this but i noticed before i added the product my ICP at idle was about 560psi, after the 9100 its running in the 580's at idle. So far its a great product. The company has nothing to hide and provides the science behind how their product works (unlike Rev-X). I tried Rev-X with my last oil change (no reason other than to maybe protect my internal parts) and i didnt notice much difference. So if your up for a good read check it out! Oh and its waaay cheaper than Rex-X.

-Wade

High Binder 12-16-2011 08:12 PM

I work in this industry, in a mind-numbingly boring lab temporary while going to school and can't recommended Archoil products enough. I wouldn't hesitate for a second in using any of their products on any of my cars/bikes. Honestly, if Acrhoil didn't exist I would be producing my own Rev-X clone but with an ester base (far better) and more than Rev-X's laughably low ~1% concentration (in total, after added to engine) not to mention at a fraction of the cost, but since Archoil produces their 9100 with a pretty reasonable profit margin and doesn't lie to it's customers like RevX does, I haven't entered the market though I'm still temped some days when I see the endless Rev-X threads. Again Archoil is good to go and very up-front with it's customers something that is becoming more and more rare these days.

DevilDocTater 12-16-2011 08:36 PM

I totally agree, the nano technology is going to make lubes so much better and more efficient. Archoil has the best customer service. The CEO is the one that replied at all my emails. They explained their technology to where i could understand it!

FishOnOne 12-16-2011 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by High Binder (Post 11163292)
I work in this industry, in a mind-numbingly boring lab temporary while going to school and can't recommended Archoil products enough. I wouldn't hesitate for a second in using any of their products on any of my cars/bikes. Honestly, if Acrhoil didn't exist I would be producing my own Rev-X clone but with an ester base (far better) and more than Rev-X's laughably low ~1% concentration (in total, after added to engine) not to mention at a fraction of the cost, but since Archoil produces their 9100 with a pretty reasonable profit margin and doesn't lie to it's customers like RevX does, I haven't entered the market though I'm still temped some days when I see the endless Rev-X threads. Again Archoil is good to go and very up-front with it's customers something that is becoming more and more rare these days.

HB,
Do you have any experience with Archoil that you can quantify why you would recommend this product? Does it fix injector stiction?

High Binder 12-16-2011 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Troy Buenger (Post 11163535)
HB,
Do you have any experience with Archoil that you can quantify why you would recommend this product? Does it fix injector stiction?

Well, as I've said a handful of times before, Archoil products are some of the go to additives to fend off pointless warranty claims in our gensets especailly one's that are tasked with cold climate/low hours because there is a tipping point for viscosity at low temps that simply necessitates the use of EP/FM/etc. agents. 9100 worked for countless customers, though it's far from the only one, and pre-warranty UOA/virgin analysis/required ASTM specs proves it has the right stuff, which is to say it's a high dose of a now pretty common friction modifier. I've never ran it in a 6.0 for stiction or heard of anybody doing so but I don't see why it wouldn't work, it's got the right stuff and if I had a stiction problem that I couldn't "fix" on my own I wouldn't hesitate to turn to Archoil. With our history with them I wouldn't think twice about trusting them however, this was also two years ago so things (formulation/etc.) may have changed in that time, but I doubt it and I'm not 100% sure it was 9100 vs some other Archoil product but from the description on their site it sounds right but either way it was an Archoil product with a heavy FM/EP dose.

On a side note: Nothing in this realm fixes injector stiction, but products like RevX and the like will temporarily mask it.

DevilDocTater 12-17-2011 03:01 AM

I didnt have any problems with my truck when i tried the 6200 and 9100 products. But it did make my cold starts unplugged seem like it had been plugged in. The fuel additive made the truck run smoother than 2 cycle oil ever did. If u have stiction problems i would give the 9100 a try, its waaaay cheaper than Rev-X

npccpartsman 12-17-2011 03:10 AM

Nice information here.......keep it up guys!!!

powerstroker100 12-17-2011 04:18 AM

how much 9100 do you add to a fresh oil change? (oz) I was going to try revx my next oil change but would MUCH rather try this, going to order from amazon after the new year, I always feel uneasy ordering things online around christmas with how hecktic shipping must get

DevilDocTater 12-17-2011 06:28 AM

AR9100-16oz treats 14.25 Quarts of Engine Oil or 5 Quarts of Gear Oil

APPLICATION:

Engine oil treat at 28.5 to 1, 1.12 oz treats 1 quart

Gear oil treats at 10-1, 3.2oz per quart

Hydraulic oil treats at 10-1

PACKAGING:

8 oz. bottle

16 oz. bottle

32 oz. bottle

1 gallon bottle

5 gallon pail

55 gallon drum

busdriver47 12-17-2011 06:48 AM

Where do you buy .

bismic 12-17-2011 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by High Binder (Post 11163988)
I've never ran it in a 6.0 for stiction or heard of anybody doing so but I don't see why it wouldn't work, it's got the right stuff and if I had a stiction problem that I couldn't "fix" on my own I wouldn't hesitate to turn to Archoil.

There is an active thread on TheDIeselGarage on the Archoil products.

High Binder 12-17-2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by powerstroker100 (Post 11164239)
how much 9100 do you add to a fresh oil change? (oz) I was going to try revx my next oil change but would MUCH rather try this, going to order from amazon after the new year, I always feel uneasy ordering things online around christmas with how hecktic shipping must get

I wouldn't worry about holiday shipping, at least not yet. Last week I ordered a new camera (Canon T2i) and some law school books from Amazon and got it in 2 days when I was quoted the usual 3-5 days...

powerstroker100 01-01-2012 02:46 PM

I just ordered 16 oz of archoil 9100 off amazon, how long did it take for you guys to get yours?

DevilDocTater 01-01-2012 02:49 PM

I ordered mine fron Evergreen (Archoils distributor) had it in about 3days

powerstroker100 01-01-2012 04:03 PM

cool, apparently evergreen is in connecticut, about 5 hours drive from me hopefully I'll see it in a few days

real excited to try this

just changed from dino 15w-40 to mobil 1 turbo diesel 5w-40 and its helped a lot, I've read the thread on dieselgarage this stuff seems to work and half the price of revx