Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   What's your favorite restaurant?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1121032-whats-your-favorite-restaurant.html)

Snowbunny 12-07-2011 03:39 PM

What's your favorite restaurant??

Mine is the Hi Way House in The Dalles, Or.

Wonderful prime rib,,, nummy steaks,,, and cold, cold beer!!! :-drink

arctic y block 12-08-2011 11:57 AM

Mine's the Country Kitchen just across the street form the Days Inn. In downtown Anchorage. Actually it's the only restaurant I use as I stay at the Motel so often. Or would that be Hotel?

Hi Lizzie. I wish ya the best for the Holidays

Snowbunny 12-08-2011 12:20 PM

Hotels have the doors inside, along a hallway. Motels have their doors outside, facing the parking lot!! :p

I LOVE The Country Kitchen!!!

Best wishes for you and yours too, Rich!! :-jammin

arctic y block 12-08-2011 02:06 PM

Well that particular Days Inn has both. Rooms across the parking lot all with outside doors. And another building with a lobby and hundreds more rooms. So I guess it is a HoMotel than? }>

Snowbunny 12-09-2011 01:32 AM

Hhhmmmm,,,, just like Christmas,,,never know what you're gonna get behind door number one!!! }>

khadma 12-09-2011 01:43 AM

Freeand Cafe, Whidbey Island, WA.
My late grandmother and grandfather
Opened it along time ago, in fact
I got to be a dishwasher there when I was
A teenager.

arctic y block 12-09-2011 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Snowbunny (Post 11131634)
Hhhmmmm,,,, just like Christmas,,,never know what you're gonna get behind door number one!!! }>

Darling the last three doors ended in divorce. :-X03 I'm looking for door number four now. :-jammin An it won't be a Ho-Mo-Tel door that's for sure

crash1 12-09-2011 07:33 AM

I really don't know but i will say this for now BobsBurger$Brew dont no which one theres a hand full in WA

Snowbunny 12-10-2011 01:21 AM

There's a little place in Arizona called The Salty Senorita. It has a volley ball pit,, two horse shoe pits, a stage, two out side bars, tons of tables, chairs, couches and a few fire pits,,, and it surrounds the outfield of The Mariners training camp.

Went there in August,,, and they were in the middle of a beer pong tournament!!! It was awesome!!!

Will be going back in Feb for a G2G with the Arizona chapter!!

Can't wait!!! :-X04

Snowbunny 12-10-2011 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by arctic y block (Post 11131645)
Darling the last three doors ended in divorce. :-X03 I'm looking for door number four now.

Uhhgg!! The Big D,,, going through one right now myself. Sure funny how low some will go for he sake of nothing more than making life miserable for everyone. How I was married to him for 22 years,,, is SO beyond me.

jgavac 12-27-2011 06:08 PM

I'm a sucker for Ivar's at Mukilteo Landing. Fish n chips and Smoke Salmon chowder are sublime. That and Gordan's on Blueberry Hill in Freeland wa

Tugly 12-31-2011 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by jgavac (Post 11203903)
I'm a sucker for Ivar's at Mukilteo Landing. Fish n chips and Smoke Salmon chowder are sublime. That and Gordan's on Blueberry Hill in Freeland wa

I find the Ivar's chowder in a sourdough bowl to be comfort food. I can't get it here on the east side of the hump, but a couple of my kids live on that side and I like to get a bowl while I'm in the neighborhood.

Secret to eating on the road: Don't eat at chains, you already know what's there and where's the adventure in that? You'll know a popular place when you see one, it has cars in the parking lot. Order the specialty - that's what got the cars in the parking lot.

I get a good meal no matter what I order at the Apple Cup in Lake Chelan, WA. Their daily specials can really hit the spot. I'm also a sucker for "Gringas" at Tacos Locos in Mazatlan, Mexico.

arctic y block 12-31-2011 01:39 PM

Being a single parent I find that I love to eat out.

So most any Restaurant works for us.

GruesomeJeans 01-02-2012 10:28 PM

Anyone ever been to Grand Buffet in Federal Way? Damn good asian all you can eat. During the week it is like $8 per person and weekends it is a bit more. Other than that there is a place call Saya over in Kent and they have some good food.

FreeOperator 01-04-2012 12:44 PM

My favorite is Marakesh in the Belltown neighborhood.