Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Connecticut Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum227/)
-   -   New guy...Need a favor (IDM) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1118774-new-guy-need-a-favor-idm.html)

Dieselsvt 11-28-2011 02:16 PM

New guy...Need a favor (IDM)

Hello My name is Ryan. I live in Wallingford. Someone referred me here from an SVT site a while ago. (I can't remember)I believe he had a newer grey SD worktruck. I've worked for Detroit Diesel doing field service for 10 1/2 years and recently took a job elsewhere with a fleet of superduties. Looks like I'll have to become an expert on these as well lol.

Anyway. I've been experiencing some issues with my own personal truck that are getting worse. I've narrowed it down to an IDM,HPOP or Injectors.

I'm wondering if anyone has a spare "good" IDM kicking around that I could try. I would be willing to travel to you no problem. I have AE if someone needs a scan and would be willing to buy you coffee/beer for your troubles.

I figured it was worth a shot to ask. I'll have to check out a GTG sometime as well!

I have an 01 7.3 and on 01 Lightning gotta love Fords :-jammin

7.3 Rocket 11-28-2011 02:56 PM

I have AE but it's currently out of commission if you can wait a week or so I'll be glad to run it on your truck. I just sent an email to AE support so I should have it all resolved shortly. I hope...

Dieselsvt 11-28-2011 04:04 PM

Hey, what's up. Wallyworld too huh?

I have AE. I'm looking for someone with a spare IDM or willing to swap theirs for a test drive to help me see if mine is weak or not. I'll buy you a beer lol. :-drink

7.3 Rocket 11-28-2011 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dieselsvt (Post 11089405)
Hey, what's up. Wallyworld too huh?

I have AE. I'm looking for someone with a spare IDM or willing to swap theirs for a test drive to help me see if mine is weak or not. I'll buy you a beer lol. :-drink

Sorry... got reading real quick and misunderstood.

I might be able to let you use my IDM if you can wait a week or two.

You should be able to read your ICP pressure and eliminate your HPOP as a potential issue though.

rocdril 11-28-2011 05:25 PM

I dont know what an IDM is but, Im pretty sure I have one. I have an 01 F350 7.3 sitting in my yard in Newington. I will be back in CT Friday afternoon.

7.3 Rocket 11-28-2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by rocdril (Post 11089656)
I dont know what an IDM is but, Im pretty sure I have one. I have an 01 F350 7.3 sitting in my yard in Newington. I will be back in CT Friday afternoon.

Injector driver module, ray. Little box on the passenger fender liner that makes the injectors fire.

rocdril 11-28-2011 05:40 PM

Ahh, you college guys know everything.

7.3 Rocket 11-28-2011 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by rocdril (Post 11089728)
Ahh, you college guys know everything.

I've learned far more at work than at college.

acf6 11-29-2011 07:48 PM

maybe we will meet you friday! putting the heads back on a 6 liter at Ray's shop, and feel free to join us at the berlin turnpike hooters sunday at 2pm!!!

Dieselsvt 01-04-2012 11:28 AM

I solved my problem. I bit the bullet and put a set of new injectors in it. I put a set of swamps single shots and a chip in to boot. WOW!

Thanks for the offers I wasn't able to make the meet but look forward to possibly meeting some of you in the future.

Ryan