Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   S. California Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum103/)
-   -   new guy (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1118487-new-guy.html)

OldBlackCat 11-27-2011 12:25 PM

new guy

hey,

name is Justin live here in mission hills. not too great at introducing myself.:p

i used to own 2 ford rangers a 94 and a 08. sold the 94 ranger and got a 2008... had it about 2yrs until someone decided to pay more attention to there bag of food from Wendys than the road resulting in them t boning me in a intersection at 50 mph..that started the truck search all over again after the wreck insurance junk was settled. i spent basically 6 months searching from Santa Barbra to to sandy eggos looking for the right 7.3L diesel that was not trashed.

i found my 2003 f250 xlt super cab long bed 4x4 7.3L diesel little over a year ago down on a dealer lot in Fullerton. it was first sold from vista ford in Oxnard and judging by all the rock dings and mud under it i assume it stayed in the Oxnard farm fields for most of its life.

i have been lurking around reading some here and there on the trucks. with my rangers i was very active on some ranger forums and knew the trucks quite well i.e. parts interchange etc. now i get to relearn the same info with the superdutys:-huh

i got away from the forums got tired of the drama and the kids that owned rangers, seems like most of you guys around here are older or at least mellower;)

so thats about all i got! lol just working out the bugs truck now has 190k miles i got it with 168k i believe, it runs strong and now im just working out the bugs of worn out parts. AC compressor crapped out Wednesday, broke my left front upper leaf spring Wednesday:-X15 hydro boost is leaking haha always something! oh and sometime get the transmission replaced as i have no 1st or reverse gear:( haha this damn truck is an expearance...

SpringerPop 11-27-2011 03:53 PM

Welcome aboard to the SoCal crew! Good folks here.

I'm just south of you in Reseda, and have a 2000 CC/LB with a 7.3. I spend a bunch of time over in the 7.3-specific forum here, and would encourage you to do the same. There's a lot to be learned about these trucks, and the folks there are real good at problem-solving.

If you've seen something on your truck, the chances are VERY good that somebody else has seen it before you and has a fix worked out already.

Here's a link to that forum:
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Virtually no ego problems there, either. Not necessarily older (though some of us are), but tending to be a bit more mature, and we kinda' "self-police".

Pop

SteveBricks 11-27-2011 04:00 PM

Welcome to the chapter Justin!

OldBlackCat 11-27-2011 05:52 PM

thanks guys! ya i have been wandering around the 7.3 section the heavy duty/ super duty section and of course the excursion section.

buddy of mine has a 01 excursion with the 7.3 lifted modded motor the whole pie and another buddy of min has a CC/LB 250 with a 7.3 so there lots of help also.

ya trying to save for a transmission that 4200 bux is a killer but once its done its done.

the AC system was no suprize as the AC sucked even with a proper charge.

the hydroboost its been showing signs of wear so i figgured while im doing that ill throw a new PS pump at the truck and a new tighter non 190k mile steering box at it.

sometime ill get around to replaceing the water pump hoses and all the stuff with that mainly as a preventive thing system works fine for now but when i need a project i got that i can do.

rear axle needs some seals no biggie.

just the little things that need attention when you getting into the 200k mile area, none of its a big deal as i dont mind doing any wrenching.

was soposed to have a pair of free leveling springs by today at the latest to replace that left front broken pack and level the truck some. but my source is slacking and wasteing time. oh well

Nighteyez 11-27-2011 08:55 PM

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will enjoy your stay here. I too, will be learning about the 7.3L diesel in the very near future. Already started checking out that forum here in FTE.

turbohunter 11-28-2011 11:50 AM

Welcome Justin
Kennedy High grad here so I know your neighborhood.
At least I used to.

OldBlackCat 11-28-2011 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by turbohunter (Post 11088685)
Welcome Justin
Kennedy High grad here so I know your neighborhood.

i went there too!

turbohunter 11-28-2011 05:38 PM

No kiddin'!
How's the neighborhood these days.
I was out in '73 so I probably have a few years onya.

OldBlackCat 11-28-2011 05:54 PM

its alright i guess... i got out in 2006 and never looked back. wasent a big school guy haha.

turbohunter 11-28-2011 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by joe 3578 (Post 11089799)
its alright i guess... i got out in 2006 and never looked back. wasent a big school guy haha.

I see :D ^^^^:D
Same here.
Welcome aboard again, you'll find a lot of useful info here and good people also.
Good luck with your 7.3.

Jetcopterpilot 11-28-2011 07:28 PM

Welcome Joe! Enjoy the ride!

wpnaes 11-28-2011 08:41 PM

Welcome aboard Joe (I mean Justin)!

OldBlackCat 11-28-2011 08:42 PM

thanks guys, name is justin hopefuly here shortly i can make a sig with my info and maybe change my user name lol... dident plan it too well back in 2006 when i signed up :P

Daz00Excursion 11-29-2011 12:32 AM

welcome to the site. lots of info here. :)