Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum147/)
-   -   Please join me in welcoming the following new members! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1115476-please-join-me-in-welcoming-the-following-new-members.html)

MCDavis 11-14-2011 07:47 PM

Please join me in welcoming the following new members!

Sorry for the tardy post as I'm playing a little catch up.
:-wink
Virginia, please help me welcome the following new Chapter members:
5pntslw
devino246
EXbowtieguy
Fleetsuper
irfreddy
nfolden
VaBeachF250
WX4C
Jeremy Newkirk
Diesel cat
AMtruckin
Racecarhauler
tseekins
Gans
Quack Addict
66f-100
tbear853
pfcjs
Thedivingpirate
Fontana
omanalansan
Riderman
p.ward7885

I know that's a lot in one post, but gotta start somewhere, right?

Fleetsuper 11-15-2011 08:51 AM

HI and Introdution

I'm one of those new members; Mike Stilwell a.k.a. - Fleetsuper. I've been a member of FTE for awhile now hanging out primarily on the Excursion group and now the Super Duty group, but I go all through the site from time to time when time permits. I've been a bit more active lately because of my new purchase.

I look forward to meeting some of you in the future at a GTG. I'm in the VA burbs of Wash DC and if I can swing it I may end up going to the MD Chapter GTG on the 20th. I do a lot of volunteering for my local high school as a rowing coach and part of our team's operations committee and boosters group. I use my SD to haul our rather large boat trailer. I hope to be able to contribute to the VA Chapter as well.

FTE & VA CHapter :-jammin

GLR 11-15-2011 11:52 AM

A warm welcome to all. Feel free to join us in the chat/BS session. Anyone around the Martinsville area?

devino246 11-15-2011 02:53 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys. While I dont technically live in VA, I've spent at least 70 days there in the last year. About 20 minutes outside Appomattox in Campbell County. I actually bought my truck from a guy there. Ditching Charlotte for Lynchburg ASAP.

EDIT: Maybe I should add a little about myself. Im Devin, I spend a rather significant amount of time on my great uncles farm in VA. I recently finished restoring a '62 Plymouth Savoy, so I know my way around a vehicle. I was introduced to shooting a few weeks ago and LOVED it, so a shotgun may be in my future:-jammin Im currently in the process of securing a mechanic job to start after I graduate high school this spring. Aside from that...well thats about it, Im a simple person:-X18

Fontana 11-15-2011 04:30 PM

Hie my name is Chris Fontana. I line in Stafford County with my forest green F-250 cc Lariat. Prior Marine so I'm here so I can be close to Quantico. I traded in my Escalade for a super duty mainly for the diesel engine and so I won't fret over a scratch, dirt, or ding. Always been a Ford fan.

Anyway I enjoy going to Curtis Park for the fishing and do a lot of target shooting off rt 17. I am looking for weekend tow/haul work if anyone knows of any under the table opportunities!

i-w 11-15-2011 05:42 PM

welcome to you all!

i-w 11-15-2011 05:45 PM

here is another i found.

Danny Stroup

p.ward7885 11-15-2011 07:50 PM

Hi everyone, been around FTE for awhile also.Located in Roanoke now.Hope to meet some fellow members in the future. Thanks, for the welcome.

GLR 11-15-2011 08:02 PM

Welcome 7885. Feel free to join us in the chat thread. I'm S of you near Stuart.

tbear853 11-16-2011 09:55 PM

I'm another from the long list .... Thanks.

I have been a F150 owner since 1986, currently have two. Been on FTE since '04. I'm from Lynchburg (well, born and spent first 5 in Del Rio) ... (Texas) and have lived up over in the Shenandoah Valley for the last 30 yrs.

I retired from the state in 2010, looks like may soon start part time at Advance Auto (looking forwards to some employee discount with so many vehicles here) to get me out of the house and leave me time for working on / detailing my stable or riding the bike or trike, etc.

Anyway, I'm here now.

Later .... Les

powerstroke72 11-16-2011 10:00 PM

<fillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll>

GLR 11-17-2011 07:59 AM

Welcome Les. That job sounds like a winner for parts. "Oldies", John?

powerstroke72 11-17-2011 08:02 AM

<fillllllllllllllllllllllllll>

GLR 11-17-2011 08:08 AM

OK, John, Now I feel younger.

Fleetsuper 11-17-2011 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Fontana (Post 11040968)
Hie my name is Chris Fontana. I line in Stafford County with my forest green F-250 cc Lariat. Prior Marine so I'm here so I can be close to Quantico. I traded in my Escalade for a super duty mainly for the diesel engine and so I won't fret over a scratch, dirt, or ding. Always been a Ford fan.

Anyway I enjoy going to Curtis Park for the fishing and do a lot of target shooting off rt 17. I am looking for weekend tow/haul work if anyone knows of any under the table opportunities!

Hey Chris:

Check out the local Craig's List ads in the boat section. There are folks that keep their boats in the water at marinas all boating season and this time of year they yank them out. Most have their own trailers, just not a vehicle to tow them. :D