Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   2012 FX4 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1114240-2012-fx4.html)

D-mon 11-09-2011 08:38 PM

2012 FX4

Hey everyone
Just wanted to say that Monday November 7 I ordered a 2012 F-150 FX4 crew cab 4x4 with the ECO-Boost engine. Black in color with black leather.
We got the the FX running boards,FX luxury package(which comes with all the good stuff which makes the wife happy!!!) and the "MAN" step. Other than that i don't think there was anything else.
We also had a 2011 same thing but it was at a different dealer and my dealer couldnt not get it. So now we have to wait 4-8 weeks.

I will be adding a under seat storage either buy or build one since i build my own house furniture. Also either a bed cover Not sure what kind i have a roll up one on my ranger, kinda thinking of the Diamond Back one(line-x) for hauling all my landscaping tools around or a Topper but the wife doesn't like the looks of trucks with toppers she says they look like SUVS. Also most forgot i would like to get the bed line-x ASAP....

any other ideas or things to do first guys??

D-mon 11-10-2011 10:28 PM

whats everyone put in the lower grill to help protect from rocks and such???

powerstroke72 11-10-2011 10:31 PM

Congrats on the new truck! Sounds like a beauty.:-X22

Check with Tim (tseekins) and NASSTY. If I recall correctly, both of them have placed some type of grill over the lower opening in their EB trucks.

NASSTY 11-11-2011 02:54 AM

I have the $40 grill from Ebay. It is a knock off of the Carriage Works lower grill. I made some brackets and mounted it similar to the Carriage Works setup. Some of the knockoffs don't come with brackets and want you to screw it to the plastic inserts on the bumper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...re239Small.jpg

tseekins 11-11-2011 04:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Congrats on your purchase sir. You're going to love it to death!

You've seen pics of Nasty's lower grill which is the same as mine. Now allow me to introduce you to a bed cover that hails from your neck of the woods.

It's built by Peragon, it's an accordion fold cover that folds nicely n the the bed of the truck and it's made in Northern Minnesota by American workers using American materials. Peragon Retractable Aluminum Truck Bed Cover - Premium Design. Affordable Price.

tseekins 11-11-2011 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by NASSTY (Post 11024372)
I have the $40 grill from Ebay. It is a knock off of the Carriage Works lower grill. I made some brackets and mounted it similar to the Carriage Works setup. Some of the knockoffs don't come with brackets and want you to screw it to the plastic inserts on the bumper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...re239Small.jpg

Dude, you have one bad ass truck there and I love it!

Peragon 11-11-2011 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by D-mon (Post 11020064)
Just wanted to say that Monday November 7 I ordered a 2012 F-150 FX4 crew cab 4x4 with the ECO-Boost engine.
(...)
Also either a bed cover Not sure what kind i have a roll up one on my ranger, kinda thinking of the Diamond Back one(line-x) for hauling all my landscaping tools around or a Topper but the wife doesn't like the looks of trucks with toppers she says they look like SUVS.

D-mon -

Hello to a fellow Minnesotan and congratulations on the new truck! The Peragon truck bed cover is retractable, solid aluminum with a powder coat finish and is manufactured in Bemidji, MN. Our cover gives you robust security along with flexibility to use your truck bed to haul large items at the drop of a hat. We're also offering a $40 discount to FTE members through the end of this month. (For Details Click Here) If I can answer any questions, please let me know. Our web site is linked in my signature below.

NASSTY 11-11-2011 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by tseekins (Post 11024433)
Dude, you have one bad ass truck there and I love it!

vans 11-11-2011 04:53 PM

I would suggest rust proofing, I keep my vehicles for a while and I feel it's a good investment

Also consider mud flaps, I like them-others don't

Have fun with your new truck!

D-mon 11-11-2011 10:31 PM

Nice looking trucks everyone!

Peragon
I will Keep you in mind when the truck comes in!!

Like others said the tonneau cover to keep the elements out and How are the stock mud flaps or does it even come with some i can not remember?? If so what kinda are some beefy kind that wont get ripped off in a snow storm.
Speaking of snow storm hows the lower grill....Has it ever got plugged with snow say from busting open drifts on a road or lake for ice fishing??

Rust proofing where can i get this done? or whats the process??

thanks guys!!

D-mon 01-04-2012 09:30 PM

BUMP
Update other than the truck SHOULD be here in 2-3 weeks

Originally Posted by D-mon (Post 11027688)
Nice looking trucks everyone!

does the lower grill get plugged??? Has it ever got plugged with snow say from busting open drifts on a road or lake for ice fishing??

Rust proofing where can i get this done? or whats the process??

any update on this?

D-mon 01-11-2012 10:55 PM

Truck came in today January 11 2012!!! Picking it up Friday Afternoon or Saturday morning!

Whats everyone running for seat covers? Whats the best to go over leather seats??
Thanks can't wait to drive it and come back on here and ask more questions!! lol
Thanks Guys

juneau76 01-12-2012 05:57 PM

Seat covers depend on what you're looking to get out of them. Wet Okoles are neoprene and expensive. Very nice from what I hear/read. Head waters makes some out of cordura. They are quite durable from what I hear/read. I wouldn't cover up leather seats if it was my truck, but that's just me. Make sure to post pics when you get the truck home.

D-mon 01-12-2012 08:19 PM

thanks i will look into those companies. I am not really a fan of seat covers either but the better half wants them or just one for when i drive it to work.

I am sure i will have more questions later.

BURNSTOUGHFORD 01-12-2012 09:19 PM

What did you get out the door with that truck, i have been looking at the exact same truck/options. MSRP is north of 44k,

I wonder if m dealer is giving me enough at 41 out the door. I suspect not.