Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   Please welcome Lotorotc (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1113400-please-welcome-lotorotc.html)

dustybumpers 11-06-2011 02:58 PM

Please welcome Lotorotc

Please welcome Locorotc. He lives in southern maryland, and has a 68 F-100 Ranger.

tiny1 11-06-2011 03:13 PM

Welcome to the MD chapter from one of the regular visitors.

Locorotc 11-06-2011 03:38 PM

Thanks Ladies and Gentlemen for including me in the chapter.

dustybumpers 11-06-2011 05:36 PM

No problem. How about adding your name in your signature, so we can be more informal?

BPofMD 11-06-2011 06:00 PM

Welcome to the MD Chapter Loco.... are you ROTC? Lots of good info in the READ FIRST notes....including this:

NEW MEMBERS- When you have been accepted to the Maryland Chapter, the Chapter Leader will create a welcome thread in the chapter forum for you. You will need to stop by, and post a little about yourself, so the other members can get to know you. This is a requirement for chapter membership. New members who choose not to do this will be removed from chapter membership. If you do not have private messages available to you yet, I will post a link to this thread in your visitor's messages, under your profile.

A basic rule for being a Maryland Chapter Member is to occasionally participate in some form, which can include stopping by the chapter forum, and let us know what you're up to, posting on Maryland forum threads, creating threads of your own in the forum, attending GTG's (get-to- gethers), and/or promote the chapter on FTE. Members can and will be removed from the Chapter for not being active in some way.

We also ask that after you have achieved 25 posts, that you enable your Private Message (PM) feature, so you may receive occasional PM's about Maryland Chapter happenings. If you're not sure how to do this, get in touch with me, and I'll be glad to help you get it set up.

You will also be required to give the Chapter Leader your e-mail address. This will NOT be for publication, but for the purpose of the CL or his designated representative to be able to contact you for any necessary reason.

The chapter is here for the benefit of all our Maryland Members, so please participate and help keep the chapter active!

Locorotc 11-06-2011 09:20 PM

Hello all again,
Here is a little about me, I am 20 years old graduated from Great Mills High School, I am a volunteer firefighter and am currently enrolled in the Army. In fact, January 8th, I am leaving for basic training for the military at Fort Benning, Georgia for infantry. I love working on vehicles and have loved to do it for years, learned it all from my dad, whom is also prior military. I currently have 2 pickups, a 1980 Ford F100 Ranger XLT with a 302 2 bbl, C6 transmission, 9" rear, and rust above the wheel wells, of which I am slowly repairing, and a 1968 Ford F100 Ranger XLT with a 351 Windsor 4 bbl, FMX transmission, 9" rear, and much less rust. The '68 is currently my project truck because when I bought the truck from the previous owner, the spider gears in the rear were destroyed and the engine hadn't been started in god knows how long. Placed a brand new fuel tank, sending unit, 4 bbl carburetor, fuel line, a used seat and seat brackets in, and rebuilt the rear end. My '80 is my daily driver with over 300,000 miles on the trans and still running as strong as the day I acquired the truck. Have had some hiccups with the fuel system that I am still working out. Currently have a 1988 Ford 302 HO ready to drop into her, however I have to gain the time to do it. I love my truck to death even though she can be a pain in the ass sometimes and she has some cosmetic issues. Anything else anybody would like to know, please just leave a post and I will post back.

BPofMD 11-07-2011 07:01 AM

Nice write-up Loco..... you HAVE to have a first name we can call you except that tho..... doesn't feel right calling someone loco.....:-huh ;)

Locorotc 11-07-2011 09:58 AM

My real name is Richard. Everybody can call me that if they please.

Copedawg 11-07-2011 10:18 AM

Thanks for the service you are about to give us. You are going to have a blast in the Army! Just remember that whatever situation you find yourself in, it is just temporary and you WILL get through it.
Have fun!

Locorotc 11-07-2011 12:13 PM

Thanks for the support.

66fdtrucknut 11-07-2011 02:39 PM

Welcome, now I don't have the only old truck. Love those bumpsides, I've had 2 70's, and a 69' Ranger, now I have a 62' uni.
Charlie