Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Did Ya'll Feel/Hear The Earthquake This Morning? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1113135-did-yall-feel-hear-the-earthquake-this-morning.html)

cigarxtc 11-05-2011 01:28 PM

Did Ya'll Feel/Hear The Earthquake This Morning?

I didn't, but my wife's boss and coworkers that live in Tulsa reported that they felt and heard it. Weird. Maybe we'll get another earthquake soon.?.... don't they usually come in waves?

Rogue_Wulff 11-05-2011 02:49 PM

Which one? There were a total of 5 quakes in all. The big one came in at 4.7, while the rest were 3.3 or under. First one was at 2:13 AM, the rest followed over the next 4 hours or so.
I heard/felt the first one, but didn't know what it was. I was watching a movie, so I didn't really think much about it, until I saw the news reports this morning.
The news of Andy Rooney's death was more of a shock than the quake. Quakes are fairly common these days...... Never thought I'd say that while living in Oklahoma.

Rogue_Wulff 11-05-2011 11:46 PM

What's shaking? LOL. Just had a 5.6 quake a little bit ago. Biggest ever recorded in Oklahoma. Time to start shipping tornadoes to Cali........

cigarxtc 11-06-2011 07:22 AM

Yep, my wife and i just got to bed at 11pm and then the windows and whole house started shakin. Man, that is some crazy stuff. Didn't sleep so good last night. That is the first earthquake that my wife and i ever felt. very spooky stuff.

EddieBauer02 11-06-2011 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by cigarxtc (Post 11005205)
Yep, my wife and i just got to bed at 11pm and then the windows and whole house started shakin. Man, that is some crazy stuff. Didn't sleep so good last night. That is the first earthquake that my wife and i ever felt. very spooky stuff.

initially I was thinking tornado..but no wind..was sooo strange. Our first experience w/ quakes too..laid in bed waiting to feel another and hear the rumbling..which was the creepiest part.

Sapulpa

Rogue_Wulff 11-06-2011 08:11 PM

~11pm, earthquake. 5.6, historic.
~1am, go to bed.
~3am, get woke up to find out daughter headed to hospital, in labor.
~6:30 am, get woke up again, daughter calling to tell me grand daughter came along at 4:20am.
~8am, go racing.

Yep, my weekend had was somewhat exciting. Yours?

cigarxtc 11-07-2011 09:03 PM

Wow, Rogue, busy times for ya. Congrats on the new grand daughter!!!! I hope she and mom are doing well. ;)

Did ya'll just feel that? We had another quake or tremor. I'm at work in a big old building with a huge thick slab floor and a few minutes ago i felt the wheels under my chair shifting around. The walls didnt noticibly shake but my chair was definately moving around. CRazy stuff happening here lately.

Rogue_Wulff 11-07-2011 11:28 PM

Yeah, they said this one was a 4.6/4.7 range, and located in the same general area as the rest have been.
Now, there's some flooding going on in the same general area......

mark996 11-08-2011 12:08 AM

Hey hey, you guys need to keep it quiet up there. We're feeling the aftershocks all the way down here. I was sitting up in dispatch at the station and felt the building start swaying back and forth for about 3 seconds. Located just east of Dallas in Mesquite.

Rogue_Wulff 11-08-2011 11:39 AM

Tornado warning getting interupted by an earthquake, whodathunkit?

EddieBauer02 11-08-2011 11:46 AM

Tornado's and earthquakes all in one day...never would have expected this lol. So maybe we are leading up to the end of the mayan calandar afterall? **rolls eye'sI was wondering how far south it was felt..Inlaws are in watauga TX (few miles Northeast of Ft Worth.

Rogue_Wulff 11-09-2011 02:36 PM

Tornado warnings tell you to take cover in an interior room on the lowest floor.
Earthquake experts say to avoid interior rooms on the lowest floor.
What the heck are we supposed to do if an earthquake happens (again) while under a tornado warning............