Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General NON-Automotive Conversation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/)
-   -   Rep history (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1110978-rep-history.html)

Jmatthews 12-30-2011 07:57 PM

Happy New Year!

Suburban_B_Gone 12-30-2011 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by shorebird (Post 11217620)
Take all of your points no matter if they are for tech, humor or because you have boobies and with them and a $1.00 maybe you might be able to get a cup of coffee.

Wait..... Somebody got my attention, again.

-JR

Stewart_H 12-30-2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by shorebird (Post 11217620)
Take all of your points no matter if they are for tech, humor or because you have boobies and with them and a $1.00 maybe you might be able to get a cup of coffee.

LOL! Somebody aint been to Starbucks ever because a dollar might be worth a tip there, 'cause it sure aint gonna get ya a cup of joe! :D

Stewart

Action4478 12-30-2011 08:33 PM

Apparently rep s were important to some earlier on , or we would not have the control's in place that we have today

clux 12-30-2011 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Action4478 (Post 11217827)
Apparently rep s were important to some earlier on , or we would not have the control's in place that we have today

Mostly just Dennis.

shorebird 12-30-2011 09:01 PM

I've never been to Starbucks and have no desire to go.
Currently I buy my morning get up and go from Bean Street or Waffle House.

BassFantasizer 12-30-2011 09:09 PM

Star Bucks is expensive, over-rated coffee. There's a lot better coffee out there, for a lot less $$$$$.

Suburban_B_Gone 12-30-2011 09:12 PM

McDonald's regular coffee.

Plus, you can win money in court if you spill it on your crotch.

shorebird 12-30-2011 09:18 PM

There ain't enough money in the world to make me boil my buddy.

X_Hemi_Guy 12-31-2011 06:33 AM

I find it interesting (I'll get the rep war/arguement going...LOL)...that folks truly believe that those with maxed out greenies (notice I'm one of them) have "only" or "mostly" gotten reps thru "technical" topics...I call BUNK...sorry...

Mods will get them for being mods just like chicks get them for being chicks.

As a state chapter leader...I tend to promote my state chapter around the WHOLE USA in the state forums area just like Steve (sddesigns) does for Jersey and many of the other Chapter Leaders do...by doing so you tend to meet peeps and share good will...many of us Chapter Leaders all show up on the first page of the "rep" rankings...while I'm over an order of magnitude behind Steve in the BS department and posts...as are most on FTE (sorry Steve)...simply getting out and meeting/talking to folks does "breed" interaction and reps are part of that.

WTF do reps really mean anyway?...it is FTE bling.

I personally started that "Excursion thread"...OMG...just like Shorebird started this thread...Is giving out random reps to tell someone hey I like your style such a bad thing?

I started that Ex thread back in late 2008 for ONE REASON...if you read my first post you'd know why...but I'll tell you because the reason has NOT CHANGED in all of these years...the folks in the Ex forum who gave out all kinds of incredible information never seemed to have any "bling" in their header like I saw in the 7.3, 6.oH and SD forums. Even the "trailer" forum guys didn't have the "bling" and those guys give out all kinds of great info on safe trailering/etc...

So I started that "thread" as you folks call it for one reason...to EDUCATE folks on the rep system and to let folks know it is alright to give thanks and show appreciation which I felt the Ex folks were lacking with showing appreciation...thru that "thread"...the Ex folks have learned about the rep system...

Have there been reps given out "just for the sake of reps"...SURE...and you know what...that's okay IMO because of all the times that reps were NOT given out for a great post...it truly will "even out" over time...

Does someone have to write a manifesto to get reps...NO...

Because someone makes you smile or grin when you read their post...is it so wrong to say "thanks for the grin?"...NO...

The reps are YOURS to give out as you see fit...but you know what...I've never ONCE had someone say "Please take those reps back" after I gave them to them...if I give you random reps for something and you don't want them...please let me know as I'm sure the mods can have them removed...but as I said...I've never once had a complaint about me giving out reps...which I do frequently...but in the future...please be sure to let me know and I'll get them corrected...OKAY...

BTW...I will also disagree with the 20 person rule before re-repping someone back...that would be essentially every two days...and while I have not counted...I can tell you that you cannot rep the same person every two days if you "max" out your 24 hour limit back to back days...I'd venture a guess it is more like 40 to 50...I had also heard it had something to do with how many OTHERS had rep'd that person too before you can rep them back...but that is unconfirmed information.

So that's my take on reps...and BTW...the Ex guys didn't randomly find this thread...a link was posted to it as this thread contains some nice detailed information and I'm glad the link was posted.

Again...if anyone doesn't like the reps the Ex guys gave you "just because"...please send them a PM and I'm sure they'll contact a Mod or Admin too to have those unwanted reps removed from your profile.

Joe.

scraprat 12-31-2011 07:04 AM

X_Hemi has a good rational explanation about the reps, nothing better than getting a bit of great info or just a chuckle to pick your day up.

Now about this free truck and rep points, is this like Marlboro miles or the old Green stamps? What only supporters get the catalog from FTE? :-X16

clux 12-31-2011 07:25 AM

Rep points are the manboobs of FTE.

Lots of people have them.
They come in a variety of sizes.
For some strange reason, a few people get really excited by them.
But in reality they are practically useless for their intended purpose.

wpnaes 12-31-2011 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Can ya use greenstamps to get a 'Bro'?

Suburban_B_Gone 12-31-2011 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by wpnaes (Post 11219310)
Can ya use greenstamps to get a 'Bro'?

I haven't seen those since I was a kid. That was a trip down memory lane for me.

-JR

2006lariat 12-31-2011 08:57 AM

What is a green stamp?