Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   Choose from these pads ???help me plz (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1106152-choose-from-these-pads-help-me-plz.html)

jassery 10-10-2011 02:14 AM

Choose from these pads ???help me plz

Hi there:-wink
I have Ford Expedition 2009 XLT
and I replaced all the break pads from ( Raybstos) semi metallic .
it was powerful and good ,but now I need to change it and I didn't find the original dealer of USA products .
so I found other brands . I can't choose the best from it , so help me in choosing the correct pads :
-( Raybstos ) - I don't know is it the original or not .
-( Wagner )
-(EBC Greenstuff 6000 Brake Pads)
- ( Monroe )
- (Motorcraft semi metallic pads)
- ( Centric pads )
- ( Bendix pads )

Please help me by reordering this list from the best to the worst.
by the way did any one try to put ceramic pads in his Expedition ???

pgonza2723 10-10-2011 10:40 AM

I went with Bendix all around and stopping power is just as good if not better then stock, quiet, and dust is non-existent. CT-3 on rears and Titanium II on the fronts.

jassery 10-10-2011 11:41 AM

Is Bendix made in USA ? and does they have ceramic pads??

pgonza2723 10-10-2011 10:44 PM

Bendix is a US company I believe. Their Ct-3 line is Ceramic. Only reason didn't go CT-3 all around is that it wasn't available for the front on the Navi. On a quick look up on their site seems like the 09 Expedition is the same. Like I said, installed the CT-3 on rear and TitaniuMetallic™ II on the fronts and honestly can't tell the difference in dust even after a week of driving. But that's an added bonus since the Motorcraft pads would dust after a few days. Stopping power is just as good if not better then stock and I didn't think the stock Motorcraft pads we shabby in this regard either so overall very happy.

jassery 10-11-2011 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by pgonza2723 (Post 10907274)
Bendix is a US company I believe. Their Ct-3 line is Ceramic. Only reason didn't go CT-3 all around is that it wasn't available for the front on the Navi. On a quick look up on their site seems like the 09 Expedition is the same. Like I said, installed the CT-3 on rear and TitaniuMetallic™ II on the fronts and honestly can't tell the difference in dust even after a week of driving. But that's an added bonus since the Motorcraft pads would dust after a few days. Stopping power is just as good if not better then stock and I didn't think the stock Motorcraft pads we shabby in this regard either so overall very happy.

well that's a good news , could you please tell me more about TitaniuMetallic™ II
is it a higher grade than semi metallic ?
and thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

pgonza2723 10-11-2011 02:15 PM

Here is the link to the Bendix line:

Bendix :: Products : Friction Premium Products

I bought the fronts from:

BENDIX D412CT Brake Pad or Shoe, Front | eBay

Really fast shipping and cheapest price with shipping I could find.

Beechkid 10-11-2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by jassery (Post 10904054)
Hi there:-wink
I have Ford Expedition 2009 XLT
and I replaced all the break pads from ( Raybstos) semi metallic .
it was powerful and good ,but now I need to change it and I didn't find the original dealer of USA products .
so I found other brands . I can't choose the best from it , so help me in choosing the correct pads :
-( Raybstos ) - I don't know is it the original or not .
-( Wagner )
-(EBC Greenstuff 6000 Brake Pads)
- ( Monroe )
- (Motorcraft semi metallic pads)
- ( Centric pads )
- ( Bendix pads )

Please help me by reordering this list from the best to the worst.
by the way did any one try to put ceramic pads in his Expedition ???

IMHO, I would avoid Raybestos like the black plague.......much of their product line is chinese made with final assembly in USA- I have had their brand new brake products fail within 50 miles of install- catestrophic failure types....not even a return phone call from any of their departments- nor were they interested in recieving the failed parts- just here, get new.......sorry, this is a company that just places profits above human life....quality cost $.

It really all boils down to the friction co-efficient....anything greater than .49 will be better than oem in terms of its ability to bite. I would avoid Wagner, Raybestos & any rotor from the chain stores...as they are all made at the same foundry in China (rotors/drums)

BTW, Bendix is a good product line....

With regards to brake linings in general,
Ceramics: They are good but do not develop any more friction than good quality OEM linings

Performance Friction & Hawk: Good braking, increased friction but very dirty compared to OEM with the exception of VelveTouch- a line that Hawk just bought from Wellman Industries 2 years ago.

VelveTouch lining has been used for many decades and was the original lining used in all Shelby Mustangs in the 60’s (I personally have used the Velvetouch lining since 1960’s until brake lining production ceased in 1986), then switched to Carbo. Wellman has been the builder of braking linings for all of the Formula 1 race teams for more than 30 years.

CarboTech Engineering lining, which I have used for about 15+ years and been very happy on multiple full size (V8) cars and trucks. This particular lining has a high friction co-efficient, excellent pedal feel, wears (typically 50,000 to 75,000 miles before replacement is required) and produces less dust than OEM linings- but it is a crbon fiber based material...meaning it does show a little more on the wheels when compared to the same amount of brake dust as say an oem lining.

EBC also makes an excellent organic lining......almost dust free with excellent co-efficient.

I highly recommend speaking to them by phone for linings that would be best for your application.

jassery 10-12-2011 05:51 AM

(((Beeckid)))
You gave me an excellent advice and lightened my way in buying a good pads.
still on step to make my mind in this issue :
I'll tell you about my regular driving style and you can advice me with the brand and kind:
I drive my Expedition most of the time in city but sometimes I need powerful pads because I ether climb or drive down really scary mountains , I do this two or three times a month.
so what I need is high performance pads with less noise and less dust than the original pads .
and I look up for original American pads .
Thanks for your help
God bless you.

MCDavis 10-12-2011 07:04 AM

FWIW, I recently swapped everything on my '06 F150. Rotors are rotors, so we won't get into that.
I ended up going with the Motorcraft semi-metallic aftermarket pads (from a supplier, not the dealer). They are not the OEM use pads, but a slight upgrade. They are super quiet, have the same if not better braking than stock, and so far I've been impressed with how little dust they put off, and I'm pretty anal about keeping my wheels clean. I've been pretty happy with them and they've been on the truck about 2 months (maybe 2k miles). Additionally, one of the main reasons that I went with them is that my mechanic said they are the BEST pad as far as install and fitment is concerned. The box comes with brand new shims, springs, etc...which he claims a lot of the aftermarket makers do not provide.

Beechkid 10-12-2011 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by jassery (Post 10911439)
(((Beeckid)))
You gave me an excellent advice and lightened my way in buying a good pads.
still on step to make my mind in this issue :
I'll tell you about my regular driving style and you can advice me with the brand and kind:
I drive my Expedition most of the time in city but sometimes I need powerful pads because I ether climb or drive down really scary mountains , I do this two or three times a month.
so what I need is high performance pads with less noise and less dust than the original pads .
and I look up for original American pads .
Thanks for your help
God bless you.

I would call EBC, tell them that you want a low dust (organic preferred) lining with a co-eficient of .49 or greater....they have 3 different grades (yellow, green & red)....they are very, very nice to speak with ...........877-207-7485

jassery 10-14-2011 11:13 AM

I think I'll end up with Bendix because I think It has what I need .
Thanks friends .

Beechkid 10-14-2011 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by jassery (Post 10920046)
I think I'll end up with Bendix because I think It has what I need .
Thanks friends .

Bendix is an excellent lining as well......I would suggest speaking directly with their service staff to ensure the friction co-efficient is .49 or better and they are of low dust & for your driving application......many times there is info that is not published that can make a difference in better performance 7 satisfaction.

jassery 10-14-2011 05:37 PM

I talked with a seller on ebay today and he said the pads in his store from Bendix are made in Taiwan by an American materials .....
This is a big disappointment to me .
sorry friends I didn't mention that I'm from K.S.A
and the only way to buy is from ebay.

Beechkid 10-14-2011 07:04 PM

Carbo's linings are made in USA....Hawk I believe makes most of their linings here as well

jassery 10-18-2011 01:38 PM

I took a look of EBC site and they have two kinds that OK for me
Green stuff -.45 co-efficient.
Red stuff .5 co-efficient
But I didn't understand the Red stuff has co-efficient of .5 only !!!
and more over Green Stuff is organic -how is that ???
the red stuff has some ceramic percentage of it's components .
So What do you think ?