Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   5.4 randomly misfiring (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1104362-5-4-randomly-misfiring.html)

F150Torqued 10-25-2017 10:51 PM

INDIVIDUAL CYLINDER MISFIRE COUNTS

Hey @jwiegele and @waldreps :-wink

I have found / figured out how to display "INDIVIDUAL CYLINDER MISFIRE COUNTS" from OBDII on our trucks with the Torque Pro app. I have added them to the Misfire Monitor Dashboard that I posted above in Post #53 (this thread) - at this link:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17322257

The detailed analysis and discussion that lead up to this, (And the Torque Pro PIDs) are posted at this link:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17546823 to produce the Torque Pro dashboard below showing Misfire Counters for current drive cycle - in real time.

I plan to post this in a new subject thread of its own, but meanwhile thought you two guys might like to have a heads up.

Happy Torqueing! :-X21

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...6232464137.png
Real time Misfire Counts (By individual Cyl)

jwiegele 10-26-2017 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by F150Torqued (Post 17549804)
Hey @jwiegele and @waldreps :-wink

I have found / figured out how to display "INDIVIDUAL CYLINDER MISFIRE COUNTS" from OBDII on our trucks with the Torque Pro app. I have added them to the Misfire Monitor Dashboard that I posted above in Post #53 (this thread) - at this link:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17322257

The detailed analysis and discussion that lead up to this, (And the Torque Pro PIDs) are posted at this link:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post17546823 to produce the Torque Pro dashboard below showing Misfire Counters for current drive cycle - in real time.

I plan to post this in a new subject thread of its own, but meanwhile thought you two guys might like to have a heads up.

Happy Torqueing! :-X21

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...6232464137.png
Real time Misfire Counts (By individual Cyl)

That's awesome! I look forward to giving this a try!

Joe

jwiegele 10-26-2017 12:39 PM

okay... so I added the new cylinder-specific custom codes in Torque, modified my app to include them on one of the screens, and went out and tested it. Many thanks! Looks like it's working! (My truck runs great, I don't drive it every day, so I'm not putting many miles on it right now. Last long trip was from GA to CO, pulling a 5500 lb boat+trailer, truck performed flawlessly, no random misfires under load on the way to CO, but I left the boat and trailer with my daughter, and had a few random misfires on the way home.)

So, here is the screenshot of the last trip, about 5 miles. Showing 4 MF total, 2 on cyl 5, 1 on cyl 3 and 1 on cyl 4. Again, I can't feel the misfires, and everything else appears to be good. Can I draw any conclusions from this? I will continue to check, and see if the misfires jump around to all 8 cylinders. I have brand new plugs, about 5000 miles on them. I didn't replace any of the COP's, I believe they are original (bought truck used with 110k) it's got 190k on the clock now. Thanks for everything... Joe

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...aba31e0772.png

F150Torqued 10-27-2017 01:31 AM

@jwiegele

Studying your Torque Misfire screen, I notice a couple of things that leaves me with questions.

The 'freeze frame' data from which the bottom information is taken looks a TAD strange in the following ways. Maybe you can clear me up a bit - OR we could have an equation error.

First off, Engine RPM at the time of the 'last' misfire (and I _think_ that is the last of the 4 shown at top) looks strange. 244 RPM (MFF_RPM) is real low if that is accurate - if not cranking or shutting down.

Every indication is that that's not the case. Monitor's have all RAN, vehicle speed (MFF_VS) is 8 miles per hour, and engine run time 'this drive cycle' (MFF_RNTM) is MAXED at 255 Secs.

Is your Equation for MFF_RPM (A*256+B)/10 ?

Rest of it looks sorta OK. I notice that 'In drive at time of misfire' (MFF_PNP) is false -. Unfortunately I can't _SWEAR_ that works. I just almost NEVER have any misfires unless cranking up first thing in the day - which I am ALWAYS in park and that would be false anyway. So I've never witnessed it 'ON'. Another one I've never seen ON is the MISFIRE flag. I think that only comes on when misfires are exceeding the CATALYST DAMAGING threshold and the DTC flashes. (Like it should be titled "DTC flash flag". But I used what the documentation showed.

Your Intake Air temp is a little high at 123.8 degrees (unless setting in the hot sun and just started up 255 seconds ago), but if that were the case, 2158 minutes of soak time would be curious.

Is your Equation for MFF_IAT (A*9/5)+32 or A*(9/5)+32 ? Either will work.

If you are having random misfires (probably would not feel them if not more than showing up here), but might need to replace BOOTS / SPRINGS and clean/reinstall everything good.

jwiegele 10-27-2017 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by F150Torqued (Post 17552091)
@jwiegele

Studying your Torque Misfire screen, I notice a couple of things that leaves me with questions.

The 'freeze frame' data from which the bottom information is taken looks a TAD strange in the following ways. Maybe you can clear me up a bit - OR we could have an equation error.

First off, Engine RPM at the time of the 'last' misfire (and I _think_ that is the last of the 4 shown at top) looks strange. 244 RPM (MFF_RPM) is real low if that is accurate - if not cranking or shutting down.

Every indication is that that's not the case. Monitor's have all RAN, vehicle speed (MFF_VS) is 8 miles per hour, and engine run time 'this drive cycle' (MFF_RNTM) is MAXED at 255 Secs.

Is your Equation for MFF_RPM (A*256+B)/10 ?

Rest of it looks sorta OK. I notice that 'In drive at time of misfire' (MFF_PNP) is false -. Unfortunately I can't _SWEAR_ that works. I just almost NEVER have any misfires unless cranking up first thing in the day - which I am ALWAYS in park and that would be false anyway. So I've never witnessed it 'ON'. Another one I've never seen ON is the MISFIRE flag. I think that only comes on when misfires are exceeding the CATALYST DAMAGING threshold and the DTC flashes. (Like it should be titled "DTC flash flag". But I used what the documentation showed.

Your Intake Air temp is a little high at 123.8 degrees (unless setting in the hot sun and just started up 255 seconds ago), but if that were the case, 2158 minutes of soak time would be curious.

Is your Equation for MFF_IAT (A*9/5)+32 or A*(9/5)+32 ? Either will work.

If you are having random misfires (probably would not feel them if not more than showing up here), but might need to replace BOOTS / SPRINGS and clean/reinstall everything good.

F150Torqued
, thanks for reviewing this data - I just checked the equations, they are both correct, MFF_RPM is --> (A*256+B)/10 and MFF_IAT is A*(9/5)+32.

This was the first time I'd driven the truck in about a week, and it was sitting in the sun, although not super warm yesterday. The RPM's reported do seem very low, but I never noticed low RPM's at all, after startup or while driving. I did make several stops in a short 8 mile trip, starting up 3 times, shutting down 2 times before parking the truck in the driveway. The screenshot was prior to shutting down the last time.

I thought I noticed one of the misfires popup on the screen while in Park, but I believe the others occurred while driving - 8mph is probably accurate.

I'm going to drive it again today at lunchtime, and try to pay a little more attention to what's going on. New boots and springs are probably a good idea - when I replaced the plugs not long ago, they weren't in bad shape, but a few did show some discoloration. I normally use a good amount of di-electric grease after cleaning the old grease out.

Thanks!
Joe

jwiegele 10-27-2017 03:13 PM

Well, I drove my '06 F150 today at lunchtime, and got random misfires, different cylinders than yesterday. One on startup, the others at medium speed early in the drive while the truck was warming up. Cylinders 7 and 8 this time, and 4. I didn't get a screen shot. So far, the misfire definitely isn't consistent as far as location (I think it's hit all 8 cylinders), but I can't feel the misfire, and it's not setting any codes.

The MFF_RPM's hasn't changed, it's still 244, and I'm idling over 1000rpm, so I'm guessing I'm not reading that data correctly with my device. At least I've learned that the misfires aren't consistently on one cylinder, they are occurring on each of them randomly (or so it seems). I don't plan on doing anything for now, just keeping an eye on it. I'm not ready to change COP's or even boots and springs at this point, unless you recommend that I should. I have a brand new spare COP I've been keeping in the truck just in case, maybe I should replace #5, and then see if it pops up with any misfires as it has been, or if they go away on #5?

Thanks again! Any and all advice is appreciated. Joe

rlbarras 10-28-2017 11:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've been lurking on this thread. I have a 2003 stock Lightning that has an intermittent misfire. I did a tune up recently and even pulled the sc and cleaned the intercooler and maintenanced the pcv. No improvement. I tried to mimic the testing you all are doing. I'm new to torque and using the BAFX dongle which seems to be connecting well, but here are the items i'm struggling with.

#1 The mode 06 data is only partially populating. See attached.
#2 I built a dashboard as close as i could to the misfire dash you all are working with. I get dashes in most of the fields. Not even zeros. This doesn't give me much confidence the the reading are right.
#3 I used the posted csv to populate most of the PIDs. The individual cylinder misfire counts i built manually. I was a bit confused on the syntax for the formula using letters G and H. All others uses A and B. I dont follow.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Again, I'm a noob at torque, but pretty tech savy and know my fords well.

Rusty

F150Torqued 10-29-2017 11:47 AM

2003 versus 2004 OBDII

@ribarras

Sorry it's not working for you and I feel a little responsibility for sending you on a rabbit trail. I will try to clear up several things if I can.

First - I commend your diagnostic approach over throwing parts. Looks like you're doing good with Torque Pro and believe me, that will pay big dividends

I notice, however, that your truck is a 2003 model 5.4L manufactured by Ford Canada (I put the VIN# from your Mode 06 report on the VIN decoder). What is *screwing* you up is the differences in OBDII assignments between vehicles - EVEN WITHIN the same Manufacturers. I have 'actually' identified PIDs that work on MY 2004 that will not on other 2004's, same model, manufactured in different US plants. (It is [email protected]$^+ing madning). Your difference is even more significant in that it was built by Ford Canada, and specifically a 2003 model. Your 2003 OBDII is J1979 Standard and starting in 2004 Ford went to J1850 protocol. [This is the main reason I generally confine anything I post about Torque to a 2004-2008 Forum, and often include disclaimer as to other models possibly won't work.] THIS _ALSO_ explains why most Scanners, aren't good for much beyond the 'Standard Emissions' crap. And it is why I brag about Torque Pro all the time. """IF""" you can find the PIDs, (even by 'scanning' and/or hacking, Torque can do something with them).

But in the your case - J1979 reported different information in response to a query for Mode 06 TID $53. It is: "Cylinder-specific misfire and catalyst damage _threshold misfire rate_, IN PERCENT". Not individual Counts. FURTHER the response is SHORTER, and byte "H" does not exist. This is why you get the "-" instead of a "0". In Torque, longer responses the data bytes beyond a 'preamble' are assigned "A", "B", "C", "D", "E", and so on through "Z", then "AA" ,,,, etc. In your case, byte "H" does not exist at all. You can see the response if you go to >Settings >Manage Extra Sensors/PIDs >Edit >(any Cylinder Misfire counter), then scroll to the bottom and press TEST. (this is an EXCELLENT technique to work out a formula for a new / different Torque PID gauge).

The above two paragraph highlight the reason I recommend a person create a "Unique" Vehicle Profile for "HIS" vehicle in Torque, then Specify in advanced settings under Vehicle Profile to use a 'Separate Dashboard' for THIS vehicle. Leave the Default profile alone to be selected and used when you use your Torque App on a 'friends' vehicle. Your profile probably won't have many gauges that work on your buddy's GMC or Toyota anyway!!

I participated in a lengthy thread with another forum member dealing with a 2003 Ford on this misfire subject. You might get some additional knowledge reviewing it at this link: https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpfor...topic&t=9087.0

In your attached Mode 06 report (Thanks for the detail), there is a small clue about this problem in the sentence following Vehicle Calibration ID:. The report isn't 'Truncated'. It's just that that model didn't report as much. There is a TON of good information about ALL this in the OBDII Theory of Operation Manual for your vehicle. If you do not have it, I recommending downloading it - it's free at: https://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpfor...topic&t=9087.0 See: Page 11 of 95.

Reviewing your Mode 06 report (and applying some of the above information and formulas), a couple of things emerge. One highlights the 'reason' OBDII is so different between vehicles. Yours has an EGR valve, and mine does not, but rather uses variable valve timing to accomplish EGR. So (disclaimer) - I don't know much about EGR valves, but I notice something curious. Applying the proper formula to your Mode 06 report, while the first two $42 tests are NOT out of min/max limits to set a code - I find it odd that the "UPSTREAM" hose leak test, and the "DOWNSTREAM" hose leak test are 'identical' readings?????

TID $42 CID $11 :Test result value 32,752 : (32,752-32,768)*0.0078 = -0.1248 In H2O, Delta pressure for upstream hose test

TID:$42 CID:$12 :Test result value 32,752 : (32,752-32,768)*0.0078 = -0.1248 In H2O, Delta pressure for downstream hose test

TID:$49 CID:$30 :Test result value 33,911 : (32,911-32,768)*0.0078 = 1.1154 In H2O, Delta pressure flow test

TID:$4b CID:$30 :Test result value 16,846 : (16846 * 0.0000305) = 0.513803 EGR percent duty cycle

I don't even purport to know what each of the readings SHOULD be beyond they are between factory min/max. (the book of what I don't know is immensely thicker than the one about what I know). But it often is little things like this that could point to the cause of your intermittent misfire. Screwed up EGR will definitely cause misfires.

Sorry for the long post. :-blah At least I didn't try to post everything I don't know. (would have blown up the forum's computers).

rlbarras 10-29-2017 05:22 PM

@F150Torqued

First off, no apologies needed. i'm an engineer by trade and i like learning this stuff. thanks for a well thought out response to a newbie stranger that posted in the wrong F-150 subforum. I got so wrapped up in the technical i didn't zoom out to see i was in the next gen forum. I'm going to do some reading and look into the EGR system health. I have more questions now though.. I'll PM you since they seem to be unique to me and unrelated to the thread subject.

Rusty

jwiegele 10-30-2017 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by jwiegele (Post 17553047)
Well, I drove my '06 F150 today at lunchtime, and got random misfires, different cylinders than yesterday. One on startup, the others at medium speed early in the drive while the truck was warming up. Cylinders 7 and 8 this time, and 4. I didn't get a screen shot. So far, the misfire definitely isn't consistent as far as location (I think it's hit all 8 cylinders), but I can't feel the misfire, and it's not setting any codes.

The MFF_RPM's hasn't changed, it's still 244, and I'm idling over 1000rpm, so I'm guessing I'm not reading that data correctly with my device. At least I've learned that the misfires aren't consistently on one cylinder, they are occurring on each of them randomly (or so it seems). I don't plan on doing anything for now, just keeping an eye on it. I'm not ready to change COP's or even boots and springs at this point, unless you recommend that I should. I have a brand new spare COP I've been keeping in the truck just in case, maybe I should replace #5, and then see if it pops up with any misfires as it has been, or if they go away on #5?

Thanks again! Any and all advice is appreciated. Joe

Well... I decided to long-press and hold MFF_RPM's gauge and select RESET MIN/MAX, it didn't change immediately, but on my next restart and getting a single random misfire, the number changed to 214. Still an incorrect reporting of the actual RPM's at Misfire, since I'm idling in the 900's and normally in the 1000-1300 range. So, it's reading something, but not sure what? I triple-checked the formula, which looks good.

My misfires appear completely random, and I can't feel them now since changing the plugs. They jump around to every cylinder. Prior to changing the plugs and checking the boots and springs on the COP's, I could every so often feel a misfire, always on easy acceleration, never under load.

:)

F150Torqued 10-31-2017 10:46 AM

@jwiegele - I've got to thank you for keeping me a young man in my OLD AGE. Studying your problem has provided me one of the better anti-dementia exercises I've gotten out of working the FTE Forum. lol--but reserving a certain seriousness.

-- Idling in the 900 to 1300 range .... ????? I'd be curious about that. Should be high 500s to mid 600s. There might be OTHER problems related to what I have spotted----- However:

I think we have found a problem in your ECU. (a defective memory cell). It happens to be in a storage location that is not TOO destructive (storage location for MMF_RPM's). The only thing that memory cell is used for is storing the engine RPMs at the instant of any misfire. However, _IF_ there is one, there COULD be others?

Here is what I've discovered. (and it explains why my wife says I'm "an eccentric ole fart"}>. I have more than fair reason to believe the PID for MFF_RPM is correct. All the MFF_xx designations produce reasonable data for their assignments on my vehicle, and a number of others who have tested them - even @ribarras on a 2003 model using a different OBDII standard. MFF_EGR even shows a reasonable voltage (between 0-5) on his.

If I convert everything to the lowest level of information computers work with, binary (a bunch of BITS), and analyze the bit positions, I discover something interesting.

244 has been divided by 10 by Torque. So 244x10 dec = 0988 hex (I can picture bits in my mind better than bits - FOR NOW.)
214 would become 214x10 dec = 085C hex

At that point - it didn't mean too much. But using the silly little Windows 7 calculator set to "Programmer", you can quickly convert all this between decimal / hex / binary. So I tried some numbers that should look like reasonable "IDLE" RPM's like 575, 600, 650, 700 --- and look what I see.

244*10 = 2440 = $0988 = "0000100110001000"
214*10 = 2140 = $085C = "0000100001010000"
----
575*10 = 5750 = $1676 = "0001011001110110"
600*10 = 6000 = $1770 = "0001011101110000"
650*10 = 6500 = $1964 = "0001100101100100"
700*10 = 7000 = $1B58 = "0001101101011000"

NOTE in each of the "TEST' patterns the low order bit of the high order nibble is SET ("0001"). Bit 12 of the storage word - counting from zero at the low order bit. So I tried setting turning that bit on in your DATA and run it through the Torque Formula and see what I got, as follows:

bin "0000100110001000" changed to bin "0001100110001000" = $1988 = 6536/10 = 653.6

BIN "0000100001010000" changed to bin "0001100001010000" = $185C = 6236/10 = 623.6

I believe that "BIT" is failing in your ECU (by no means unheard of in computers). I do not know WHAT (if any) internal memory diagnostics self tests are done by the ECU, or how to invoke such. But I do know that if there is any memory location failing, there surely could be others with TOTALLY UNPREDICTABLE RUSULTS.

Torque Pro can actually provide some added troubleshooting information related to this issue. I can alter the formula for "MFF_RPM" _temporarily_ to FORCE that Bit true and see if displays are reasonable in the IDLE range, but ONLY the idle range. Change the Torque Pro equation for "MFF_RPM" to (((A+16)*256)+B)/10. If that makes all the idle readings 'sensible' (ONLY IDLE up to 819 RPM), then my suspicion would be correct. From 819 to 1228 RPM would give stupid HIGH readings - but you could reverse the above process and 'unset' that bit to VERIFY the theory of the 'BAD BIT'.

I know you were NOT asking for this analysis - and everybody will probably conclude the same thing about me as my wife. Oh Well! :-drink

jwiegele 10-31-2017 01:52 PM

F150Torqued - thank you for looking at this!

Just so you know, I'm fighting the battle with old-age dementia as well - it's a battle you can't win btw! I learn something new every day - you have to keep your mind sharp, right? I'll be 61 on my next birthday - assuming I make it.

So, I like your analysis and how you got there - I started programming computers in 1974, everything was binary then! I walked around campus carrying a box full of punch cards, and was very good at using the punch card "machine". Always put a sequence number on your deck, I dropped more than a few and it's no fun without that sequence number!

We've come a long way since then, haven't we? I modified the formula for MFF_RPM as you said, and added realtime RPM's to the Torque page - since my memory as to the actual RPM numbers were off. I'm actually idling smoothly at 531-600 normally.

I took the truck for a test drive, I got two misfires, one on startup, one less than 60 seconds later. Drove a while, shut down, restarted, exited Torque and went back in, didn't get another misfire on the drive. Startup seems to be when I tend to get them, but they will pop up randomly at other times also. Since they have occurred on all 8 cylinders, I like your theory that I may have a bad chip on the ECU - whether that is reporting erroneous misfires, I can't speak to that. The new formula created a MFF_RPM number of 6249, and that didn't change.

I could be misfiring for many reasons, without Torque and your help, I'd probably never know it was happening. Does the 6249 tell you anything new?

Thanks so much again for the info and the time you spent on this - that's huge! Joe
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...b9ca4acb22.png

2006 F150 5.4L 190,000 miles, new plugs, no issues other than what the numbers show in Torque.

F150Torqued 11-01-2017 09:21 PM

NOT all bad ---

Glad to know I'm not _alone_ in the 'ole fart' corner, and there is someone still alive out there who can relate to toggling hex data into a 24k byte computer with toggle switches on a front panel. ugh. Yes, we've come a long way.

With those MFF_RPM numbers of yours, you sure we got the "/10" at the end of that formula? That would make things look better - 624.9.
Remember, all those items on the bottom two rows (except your new gauges) are 'Freeze Frame' numbers (supposedly grabbed at the time of the last misfire). I 'DO' see that MF_Tot incremented by one on screenshoot 2 with a misfire on #8 - but all other MFF freeze frame items seem to remain the SAME. With an additional misfire, I can't explain no apparent update of freeze frame data. ??? And the "FUNKY" mode 06 misfire count for Cyl No 5 makes NO SENSE. That one _blows me away_.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW 'TORQUE' DID THAT. Cannot be communications - that's 'serial'. The formula G*256+H does not even permit treating EITHER G or H as a "signed" byte!!!!!! All the ECU can do is send the contents of those two bytes serially to Torque. Torque programming grabs byte "G" (the seventh) byte in the Data String, multiplies it (as an unsigned byte) by 256 and adds that to the value of "H" (the eighth byte in the data string). Then displays that in a digital gauge per decimals specified for in the setup for that gauge. ///How can that be minus? Is there a 'minus sign' in the Min/Max fields?/// I don't even see that can be related to my prior observation about memory cells.

But All is not bad. There is more than just a little bit of "+" information in those screens. You have clocked four (4) drive cycles with ZERO post 1000 revolution misfires (MFF_0_Cnt). They have ALL occurred within 1000 revs of startup. In fact, within 15 sec of startup (MFF_RNTM), 20% engine load (MFF_LOAD), NOT in drive (MFF_PNP). To top that off, it had been shut off hot and sat for only 38 minutes (MFF_SOAK) and started up with the intake air plenum air at 120 (MFF_IAT). That's not perfect running conditions when fuel and air flow and rpms and everything is settling down. We used to call that "rode hard, and left out to dry".

Those (pre-1000 rev) misfires are treated very differently (less significant) by the ECU. They are not even accumulated toward a DTC limit.

An interesting related matter on My truck. I have noticed (through THIS Misfire Monitor Screen) that I can 'create' a misfire by turning the ignition on, but not crank for 20-30 seconds, then fire it up. ALMOST every time, I will have 2-3 misfires on Cyl 4, and frequently 1 on Cyl 5. I believe pressurizing the fuel rail - static, I must have an injector on those two cylinders that weeps or makes the mixture overly rich on the delayed startup.

I also notice you have an OBDII "Trip Count" of 1. That means ALL 'seven' of the OBDII Monitor routines have successfully completed once (MFMLRN, MISSTAT, FUELSTAT, EVAPSTAT, CMMSTAT,CATSTAT, and I/M_READY).

THAT actually says 'LOTS OF STUFF' is working right. The first four are self explanatory - the last three, Comprehensive Components Test, Catalyst Tests, and Inferred Mass Air Flow (Cams are accomplishing proper EGR mixed with intake air mass) are even more significant.
I've been working on a Torque Monitor screen to follow / track all those OBDII monitors (especially EVAP) through their progress and soon as I get a few formulas polished up and working right, I plan to post it for everybody.

So, set your CPAP on HIGH, and sleep better. It's better for our grey matter. :)

pdqford 11-02-2017 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by F150Torqued (Post 17563927)
Glad to know I'm not _alone_ in the 'ole fart' corner, and there is someone still alive out there who can relate to toggling hex data into a 24k byte computer with toggle switches on a front panel. ugh. Yes, we've come a long way.

I started out in '64 on a word machine - Autocoder and eventually Cobol.
Just trying to follow along here and learn something from you young'ns.
I'm coming up on the big EIGHT OH!

Originally Posted by F150Torqued (Post 17563927)
Remember, all those items on the bottom two rows (except your new gauges) are 'Freeze Frame' numbers (supposedly grabbed at the time of the last misfire). I 'DO' see that MF_Tot incremented by one on screenshoot 2 with a misfire on #8 - but all other MFF freeze frame items seem to remain the SAME. With an additional misfire, I can't explain no apparent update of freeze frame data. ???

Maybe I can help. Freeze Frame is snaped when the FIRST DTC is set. Not when the last DTC is set.

Returning to CPAP mode.:-drink

Abelles 11-02-2017 08:33 PM

2007 Ford F-150 5.4L

Wrench light keeps coming on we have replaced the both valve timing selonide in the valve covers, also both camshaft sensors and cleaned the EGR valve. It will idle smooth then when you pick up rpms the ligh will kick on please help. Thank you