Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Michigan Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum85/)
-   -   Pray Ford Helps me. Fuel tank Falling off. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1102234-pray-ford-helps-me-fuel-tank-falling-off.html)

greenmachinejohn 09-25-2011 02:57 PM

Pray Ford Helps me. Fuel tank Falling off.

Fuel tank was hanging yesterday.
New straps (year old)
New tank (2 months old)
My Tank Straps ripped through the frame. Dropped it off yesterday at Briarwood Ford in Saline, Mi. Said it could be a week or longer. They have to send pictures to FoMoCo, The service advisor said to not get my hopes up that Ford probably won't cover it. I just recieved the recall 2 weeks ago but it only covers the straps. I would have hoped my frame was stronger than a thin piece of steel. Check your straps and frame. It was the triangle hole the strap slides into on the frame side of the tank.

Capital Customs 09-26-2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by greenmachinejohn (Post 10849903)
Fuel tank was hanging yesterday.
New straps (year old)
New tank (2 months old)
My Tank Straps ripped through the frame. Dropped it off yesterday at Briarwood Ford in Saline, Mi. Said it could be a week or longer. They have to send pictures to FoMoCo, The service advisor said to not get my hopes up that Ford probably won't cover it. I just recieved the recall 2 weeks ago but it only covers the straps. I would have hoped my frame was stronger than a thin piece of steel. Check your straps and frame. It was the triangle hole the strap slides into on the frame side of the tank.

you will be very lucky if they do anything for you. I had to get a lawyer to get them to pay the repair on my 05. it was in a mo., before warranty ran out. they said they could not find anything, them the egr cooler, head gaskets, and injectors went out 2mo., later.:-arrgh

greenmachinejohn 09-26-2011 11:41 AM

If they won't cover it. Don't follow me. May catch fire!!!!! I will remove the ratchet strap holding the rear of the tank up and I will go fill it full and drive her till she burns. Can you say news channel and newspaper. A little Bad PR may change there minds. This recall has already been on every news channel. How about NTSB. Im sure replacing 1million+ frames would be costly.

greenmachinejohn 09-30-2011 05:43 PM

UPDATE!!!!!!!
RECALL DENIED

Milwaukee1979F150 10-01-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by greenmachinejohn (Post 10870405)
UPDATE!!!!!!!
RECALL DENIED

BS can't believe.

greenmachinejohn 10-01-2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Milwaukee1979F150 (Post 10872778)
BS can't believe.

I have the receipt from the dealership stating that it was not completed.

Capital Customs 10-02-2011 10:12 AM

Thats the way it is going for alot of people when it comes to warranty or recalls. They try to find a reason to keep from fixing it on their dine.

Don`t get me wrong I love my truck and would not want anything else but it sucks what they are doing. :-arrgh

All you can do is get a lawyer and try to fight them. You may win or you may lose. It`s up in the air with all of it.:-X15

greenmachinejohn 10-03-2011 02:45 PM

Its fixed now. I don't have a choice i have to drive it.