Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   The Ultimate Super Duty Picture Thread. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1099822-the-ultimate-super-duty-picture-thread.html)

xmontex4 02-08-2014 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Green96 (Post 14046189)
I was in the same boat. I was over the financial limit to get any assistance until I turned 24 and was considered as no longer being a dependent of my parents. Unfortunately that was the last semester of my Bacheleor's.

Lol my GF keeps telling me to marry her because we have been dating for 5 years tomorrow so it has bee "long enough" and it will get me some financial aid.

Originally Posted by RedDevil460 (Post 14046196)
I'm stuck Between Mechanical Engineering or something to do with Construction like my Dad. So Matt how are you liking Mechanical Engineering?

I love it man, I have worked at iRobot for 4 years now as a systems engineering intern so i get to basically try a little of everything doing that. I at one point wanted to quit school because I'm 3 years into my degree right now and only taking freshmen lasses at my current school. I went to a community college for 2 1/2 years and had a Calc 1 teacher that was just miserable to deal with and she was the only teacher in the school. Literally only her classes were the ones holding me back. It's so bad i honestly cheated my way through Calc 1 the third time taking it and still got a C- so i couldn't take Calc 2. I took 4 classes with this teacher and didn't pass once with her, i took Precalc and got a D then got an A+ with another teacher then Calc 1 three times and got a D or C- every time. She refused to help her students and if you had a question she would start yelling at you or go way off tangent not even answering what you asked. One class she yelled at us for 45 out of the 50 minutes because we did so bad on one of her tests. Literally she forgot who i was every semester even though i had her 4 times. I went from an A & B student taking 4-5 classes and working 50-60 hours a week to a C student because she just got my moral so low and i hated going to school.

Lol i can rant about her for a long time, I'm not trying to scare you but you will most likely encounter teachers like her at some point but in most cases there are other options unfortunately i had no other option. I guess the moral of my story is if you think you want to do then give it your all and dont let other people (teachers) get in your way. I switched schools and have never been happier because the teachers at my new school actually help you..what a concept lol. I am behind now technically because I'm a 20 year old freshmen essentially but at the same time i have had experience with people at work and poor school staff so i just dont take **** from anyone anymore when it comes to school and im assertive about it now instead of just accepting getting yelled at by my teacher because i did poorly on her test. I worked with a bunch of Field Service Engineers at my work who are basically all military Vet's so i kinda adopted their attitude towards my life situations. You cant be a push over though like i use to be because if you have any bad teachers you need to push you way though the class or be assertive with your teacher to make it through.

Jeez this is like story time for me lol if you have any specific questions i can answer them if you want i now i just ranted a crap load.

drey04 02-08-2014 03:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
finally got my truck to sit still for a pic.

another boring driveway shot... i know exciting....

Attachment 232649

xmontex4 02-08-2014 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Green96 (Post 14046219)
I like that 95. I have a 96 but it is also unoperational right now. I got hit by a taxi in a hotel parking lot when he ran his stop sign. I may fix it back but I don't know.

Thanks man, i lan to paint it satin black and fix all the body panels ths spring maybe. I'm gonna rust proof it and use it as a mud/winter beater/work truck once I'm done. She needs a little love but she'll get there i cant complain about what i got for $200 lol.

Green96 02-08-2014 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by xmontex4 (Post 14046284)
Lol my GF keeps telling me to marry her because we have been dating for 5 years tomorrow so it has bee "long enough" and it will get me some financial aid.

I know the feeling. Been with mine for 8 years now.

jthorngate3 02-08-2014 04:35 PM

Careful guys, diamonds make babies. And if you thought wives were girlfriends were expensive, you're in for a world of hurt with a wife AND kid, lol.

Midnite1987 02-08-2014 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Green96 (Post 14046209)
You must lift a crap ton of weights to be 6'1 and 285 with a 34 waist. I am about 6ft even and at 264 with a 38" waist.

Man I'd like to see 285 again haven't bee there since I was 19 lol 315 now and hit the gym 3-4days a week

King-bRanch 02-08-2014 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by jthorngate3 (Post 14046483)
Careful guys, diamonds make babies. And if you thought wives were girlfriends were expensive, you're in for a world of hurt with a wife AND kid, lol.

Amen brotha, I got married in 2005 & have 2 little one's now :-drink

BTW.....Us "old" guy's gotta stick together Adam, cause Matt hurt my feelings :'(

Jigger2020 02-08-2014 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Midnite1987 (Post 14046705)
Man I'd like to see 285 again haven't bee there since I was 19 lol 315 now and hit the gym 3-4days a week

WOW, I'm glad yer my friend, keep on truckin man....:-hijacked

xmontex4 02-08-2014 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by King-bRanch (Post 14046764)
Amen brotha, I got married in 2005 & have 2 little one's now :-drink

BTW.....Us "old" guy's gotta stick together Adam, cause Matt hurt my feelings :'(

Lol sorry us young guys are too cool to speak old :-X06

Atomc 02-08-2014 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by jthorngate3 (Post 14046483)

You sure got that right!!! I gave into my old lady's complaining and got married way before I wanted to and now I've got three kids no cash!

xmontex4 02-08-2014 07:51 PM

I haven't given in yet lol, my girlfriend and I will have been dating 5 years tomorrow and she brings it up all the time. I just say hey you get me and all the truck parts in my room then i get the ugh! no! face and she stops for a day or two lol.

Midnite1987 02-08-2014 08:00 PM

I gave in and asked a couple months ago after 3.5yrs dating. Been living together for 3yrs now tho. Wedding planned for fall 2015

AlaskanEx 02-08-2014 08:07 PM

i'm holding out 5 1/2 years so far and i'm starting to get nagging of a ring...

Jigger2020 02-08-2014 08:26 PM

What happened to the truck thread that was here.....:-huh......}>

Atomc 02-08-2014 08:29 PM

My wife got so tired of waiting for me to propose that she just went and bought herself a ring. It saved me a small fortune!!