Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   maybe coming to your town? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1099302-maybe-coming-to-your-town.html)

Zookie400 09-13-2011 10:40 PM

maybe coming to your town?

ME! its not 100% but it looks like we will be moving to syracuse.

we will be looking to buy a house, needs to have at least 2 bay garage and 3 acres minimum. she wants a 3 bedroom 2500square foot type of house. so if you guys in the area see anything nice that fits the description, drop me a PM!

is there anything i should know, coming from CT?

whats NY emmissions like? my vehicles tend to scare cats away. and i fry a lot of PCM's so i am constantly reprogramming them with an SCT tuner. }>

we will be moving in december, so its coming FAST! ill spend the holidays unboxing crap. or living in a hotel if we cant find/close on a house.

tiny1 09-14-2011 09:42 PM

Hey Aaron, you will be about an hour away from me on the Thruway. One of the big things that you will need to get use to is the SNOW!!! Syracuse is prone to getting lake effect snow off of Lake Ontario. Otherwise, it should be similar to what you deal with in CT.

Emission testing is done by plugging the truck into a computer that is tied into the DMV's system. It reads the PCM to see if there are any issues, if there is.... it will fail and all of the pollution/emission control equipment that comes from the factory needs to be on the vehicle.

Oh did I mention snow.... Syracuse averages 115" per year. Feel free to join in on the chapter posts and when you get settled in NY, feel free to join the chapter.

Zookie400 09-15-2011 09:35 PM

i plan on joining the chapter, but not until i am actually there. i dont wat to rush into becoming a new yorker. :D

barring any unforeseen circumstances i will be moving to the syracuse area, i found out yesterday.

the snow will slightly bother her, but not me. probably not this year but next year i will be buying a snowmobile. she wants me to get a plow for my truck but plowing with a long bed crew cab is a joke. i will buy a tractor or continue shoveling or driveway, unless we end up with a long driveway then maybe ill consider putting a plow on the truck.

i am assuming i will need to bring all vehicles through emissions upon changing registration over to ny from ct. i am not looking forward to all that.

tiny1 09-15-2011 09:44 PM

Aaron, I am not sure what the process is for switching registrations from CT to NY.

Now where are you looking to move to in Syracuse? I assume by your description that you are planning on the suburb areas. North side of the city will get more snow than the south side.

Zookie400 09-15-2011 10:09 PM

i think her work is in the northwest part of the city, and yes we will be looking for suburban or rural if the drive to work isnt too far.

GLR 09-17-2011 10:00 AM

Premature welcome to the state Aaron. If you don't mind a little commute, I've got a place for sale in Virginia. Check with New York State Department of Motor Vehicles - NYS DMV - NYSDMV - Driver - Vehicle as far as getting vehicles changed over, and inspection requirements. Syracuse likes to use salt on the roads.

Zookie400 09-17-2011 11:03 AM

my rust free imported from florida truck will love that. although i welcome salt over the chemical we switched over to here in CT, it is really hard on metal.

GLR 10-14-2011 09:55 AM

Aaron, did you ever get here?