Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   1957 farm truck in Central IL. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1093692-1957-farm-truck-in-central-il.html)

truckdog62563 09-19-2011 06:39 AM

That's great! I'm impressed that it made the trip home with no drama. Glad it all came together. Stu

4tl8ford 09-19-2011 07:47 AM

BOR - Glad you got it - It deserved a Good Ford home - It had to be super cool to be able to drive it home.

Jeff and Nicolle 09-19-2011 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by 55 f350 (Post 10825129)
man ya shouldna showed jeffs pic !!!! now my putor is acting screwy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-X21 glad you got it rage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hey Kevin! Can you loan me a FORD hat? I think that might be the problem...:-X04

Harrier 09-19-2011 09:50 AM

So BOR, are you going to show us pictures of you taking your Chevy to the scrapper to pay for this new one. :-jammin

By the way, it is awesome how FTE was used to save this beauty. Hopefully we can continue to save trucks in this manner. Way cool.

BlueOvalRage 09-19-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Harrier (Post 10825965)
So BOR, are you going to show us pictures of you taking your Chevy to the scrapper to pay for this new one. :-jammin

By the way, it is awesome how FTE was used to save this beauty. Hopefully we can continue to save trucks in this manner. Way cool.

Um, that's a big, fat 10-4! :-X04 I'll probably try to get that rusty bucket of junk started up and out of the barn this weekend so the Ford has a nice, dry place to sleep. The fuel filter is plugged up with rust AGAIN. I think it may actually have a nicer bed on it than the Ford, so if they're the same length I may save that for a transplant, but otherwise it's got a date with a cutting torch and a 30-yard dumpster next week. Can't wait! I actually contemplated cutting it up myself and using the Ford to haul it in. Now THAT would be sweet! I'd get a higher scrap rate that way, but I've got too many fall chores to do. One way or the other, I'l be sure to post pics of a FordMan's revenge.

age62newbie 09-19-2011 12:33 PM

Terrific teamwork! Now that I know that truck will make it from IL to IN, I bet it will make it to MI. I'll give you $850 for it.....;)

Rojak 09-19-2011 01:29 PM

Had a great time on this one guys! Great to meet Jeff, The Rage & Brother Bob. I've still got that goofy kid grin on my face knowing this one was saved. I can't wait to see the gruesome pics of the Chevy's demise!

Better get Jeff that hat quick because I just found out this morning that our computer is probably toast. Only about two years old. On second thought bring that Chevy over here. I want to drive it through a certain big box store's front door!

On to the next challenge.... my own trucks!!!:-hair

Rob

havi 09-19-2011 09:28 PM

Hurrah for BOR!

ALBUQ F-1 09-19-2011 10:06 PM

Great ending to a great story!

Small world, I was thru Gibson City about 3 weeks ago. I skirted Bloomington/Normal, too.

Jeff and Nicolle 09-19-2011 10:13 PM

Ross! Fine be that way! Stuck up! I would stop by your place if I was driving thru! But you probably wouldn't invite me would ya!

:-missingt:-X24:-X04

55 f350 09-21-2011 06:21 PM

naw jeff he just knew that his car would get a severe case of hiccups in yer lil' corner of the cornfield }> ............. can't loan ya a ford hat as all the grand kids have them , but i gotta go get my hair lopped off maybe they can make ya a hairpiece ...................... :) lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff and Nicolle 09-21-2011 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by 55 f350 (Post 10835733)
naw jeff he just knew that his car would get a severe case of hiccups in yer lil' corner of the cornfield }> ............. can't loan ya a ford hat as all the grand kids have them , but i gotta go get my hair lopped off maybe they can make ya a hairpiece ...................... :) lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, I actually started shaving my head as a joke...then i liked not having to deal with haircuts/payment,appointments...I don't have time or money for that!
I got a truck to build!:-X04. Anyway I just continued to shave it and that started back in February 2005 ! I gotta find me a good hat! I don't wear the ones with the opening in the back. You end up with weird tan with those!

Jeff and Nicolle 09-21-2011 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle (Post 10828567)
Ross! Fine be that way! Stuck up! I would stop by your place if I was driving thru! But you probably wouldn't invite me would ya!

:-missingt:-X24:-X04

Guess Ross doesn't like my sense of humor!:-innocent

Sorry Ross, I was just kidding!

Rojak 09-21-2011 09:36 PM

Jeff I guess I'm glad I had my hat on in the pic!

I was hurt that Ross didn't stop and see us too.:'( I know parts of Central IL smell funny but come on! We're alot of fun!

Rob

ALBUQ F-1 09-22-2011 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle (Post 10835978)
Guess Ross doesn't like my sense of humor!:-innocent

Sorry Ross, I was just kidding!

(Didn't see your remarks til now) To be honest, I didn't know that I'd be passing so close to any of you! I was "winging it" as far as routes, avoiding storms on the way home especially. I didn't think I'd be near any of you, I thought you all were mostly over near Springfield and Decatur.

On the way up, I crossed the Mississippi into IL at Quincy, took US 24 thru Havana and caught IL 136 over to Gibson City, then up 47 to I-88. On the way back, I took I-88 to I-39, south on I-39 to IL 136, to US 24, back thru Quincy. I-39 was the only interstate I drove outside of NM. I hate them.

Catch you guys next trip, I'll be doing it again!