Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   Ford and Toyota joint venture? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1093681-ford-and-toyota-joint-venture.html)

deerhunter3814 09-14-2011 12:41 AM

?

Originally Posted by LxMan1 (Post 10730753)
It's as sad day when Ford teams up with those granny killing, cover-up artist.
It still irks me to no end how they put pride (inability to admit failure) and money over innocent peoples lives! Not just the idiots who bought their products, but everyone else out on the road that they put at risk. Now Ford is in bed with them? unbelievable.
These tree huggers don't realize how ungreen it is to produce the batteries and such for the "green" Prius As well as the coal ash produced to charge electric cars.

I will step down off of my anti-Toyota soapbox now and return you to previously scheduled thread :D

You like your power when its hot, or a flip a switch when its dark don't you. Or we could go all nuke, then when they have a melt down we can thin the population down and stimulate the medical field with cancer treatments, but then all will be ok because we met the EPA air regulations.
So whats the answer? It has not been pushed on us yet, or has it.:-X18

devja71 09-14-2011 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by capn kirk (Post 10731031)
i want to see diesel-electric

My idea too. Especially if it's done with minimal politics.

devja71 09-14-2011 02:00 AM

I like to see ford and toyota join. I don't really care if the dumb rednecks use all the rice-words, they're too dumb to admit that toyota is one hell of a force to argue against. Look what happened when ford penciled a deal with yamaha and the SHO taurus came out-pure bliss that i wished grew bigger. (I'd love to see a 460 with yamaha heads etc). Anyway i hope the best for the ford/toyota venture. The only 2 auto companies that know how to design a good 4x4 gets my vote. I'm afraid that politics will get in the way tho and not let the hybrid vehicles achieve maximum efficiency. It would be easy for them to build a stout and SIMPLE-yes i said....ahem....SIMPLE! Electric powertain and charge it with a small diesel generator, locomotive style but instead they will design an overly complicated hybrid system so we can't save $

khadma 09-14-2011 02:30 AM

Ford built Quest vans for Nissan.
They should bring the Edsel back first.

khadma 09-14-2011 02:32 AM

A complete line of diesels would be a better idea.
What happened to the diesel Transit Connect for the US?

mooseye 09-14-2011 05:29 AM

I have an '88 silverado that gets 23.5mpg highway. What is up with that? Get better milage in it than my '99 with a smaller engine.
It is a conspiricy with the oil companies.
Same with changing oil every few thousand miles.
Can you name me a person that can honestly say their engine quit because they didn't change their oil? Imagine all the oil that could be saved if this one brainwash myth were debunked?

gporonsk 09-14-2011 06:29 AM

Ford / Toyota Partnership

JMHO, But I wouldn't do it if I was Ford. Ford already has very good Hybrid technology, arguably the best, AND the most popular and best light trucks on the market. Toyota will spin it to sell their trucks as being as good or the same as Ford and cut into market share just when Ford is returning to glory.

gporonsk 09-14-2011 06:40 AM

To Mooseye,

Yes I can say I know of someone that had an engine failure because of not changing oil often enough. He had a Ford Ranger, and let it go typically to about 10,000 miles. on this one particular occasion he left it go out past 14,000. Now the weird part. He took it to a dealer and had an oil change done and on the way to work the oil light came on. he pulled over and checked oil. it was full and clean. by the time he got to work (about 12 more miles) his engine was REALLY overheated. After turning it off it wouldn't turn over any more. He called the dealer and they panicked, towed the truck back and dropped the pan. Is seems as though the long period(s) between oil changes let a lot of sludge build up in the engine and the fresh clean oil with all the detergents cleaned some clumps loose which got sucked up by the oil pump pick up tube, plugged up the screen and starved the engine for oil. Poof. I guess you could say it was because of CHANGING his oil if you wanted to be literal.

Lost Highwayman 09-14-2011 07:13 AM

I live in West Virginia and there's a Toyota plant in Buffalo. Yes there's a Buffalo, West Virginia. The people in my state owe Toyota for giving an alternative to working in the Coal Mines. Most of the trucks I see here are either Toyota or Ford in various models. As an American, I'm against Ford doing it. But as a person, I can understand them teaming up. Toyota has the best Hybrid engines in the business and Ford can come up with a sturdy rear-wheel transmission. I hate to say it as a Ford lover, but the team up will benefit them better than most of you think.

RustyTrustyF150 09-14-2011 09:41 AM

Just watch the jobs move over seas again . Havent read where this venture is going to create more jobs here in the USA . These trade deals since NAFTA have given every corporation and company a free pass to move off shore and our country looses tax revenue and then they want to cut the social safety net we , our parents ,aunts and uncle and grandparents have paid into . FORD has enough factories , workers and unemployed people right here to continue building the best trucks in the world without going into a joint business venture with toyota . :-X19 :-X19 :-X19 :-X19 :-X19 :-X19 :-X19 :-X19 :-X19 :-X19 :-X19

ravens fan 09-14-2011 10:41 AM

i completely agree rusty trusty^^ IMHO i would rather drive older Fords for the rest of my life getting 15 mpg than drive some crazy Ford/toyota make truck getting 35 mpg, call me crazy but i dont care, the old trucks are more simple anyway

Finler 09-14-2011 12:17 PM

WHAT?!?!?!?

Has the world gone topis turfy? How could they do something like this! I'm shocked! I still cant believe my eyes. Am I to understand that Ford will be teaming with Toyota?!?! I'm a Ford owner through and through. The only vehicles in my driveway are Ford products. If I wanted a Toyota I would have shopped there. I'm not going to say I've never own a different company's vehicles, but I expect a lot from Ford. Once I became a Ford owner, other vehicles seem to pale by comparison. If they do this they BETTER not compromise. They BETTER make them better-strong-faster etc. This admittedly might not be a bad thing, (though I have a sinking feeling) but only time will tell the tale if this was the right move for Ford. By allowing the sharing of technology, Ford might lose ground in the truck market, all for the sake of saving a few bucks in the R & D department. Which in so dentally they would recover in sales of a superior product. Don't be spiking the ball on the two yard line Ford. You've been kicking A*s and taking names for a long time now. If you keep up the good work it wont change. I want it BUILT FORD TOUGH. Not Toyota cost effective. :-X15

Brant Bowrifle 09-14-2011 12:32 PM

I don't believe for a minute this is as simple as joint development for a rear drive system. Does Toyota really need Ford? Not for this project.The merger will eventually go much deeper than this. You will soon see Japanese cars and trucks with a Ford logo. Maybe not tomorrow or five years from now but it is inevitable as long as our manufacturing is being strangled by our own government. Ford is smart. They know that things are going to get worse and they are opening new doors to survival. Just a rule of business.

If we would stop with this emissions !@#$% and stop buying our accessory parts from China we could build every bit as well as Toyota. They get the breaks and we get our jobs sent overseas. Free trade my butt.:-arrgh

FordGuy85 09-14-2011 03:52 PM

If the US goes all diesel, then the oil companies will simply raise diesel cost per gallon.

85e150 09-14-2011 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by khadma (Post 10807696)
Ford built Quest vans for Nissan.
They should bring the Edsel back first.

Nissan Quest vans were Nissan built, and rebadged as Mercury Villagers. They weren't great.