Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   The Middle Tennessee Thread (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1090607-the-middle-tennessee-thread.html)

The Confederate 08-10-2011 11:59 PM

The Middle Tennessee Thread

Alrighty. All of us in the Murfreesboro area decided to create us a thread so we can communicate better. We are including all of middle Tennessee. This is a general thread, so we can chat, arrange localized meets, help each other out when we need that extra pair of hands, help with finding parts, and get rid of that confusing "new member from Murfreesboro" title, lol. So Davidson, Wilson, Williamson, Cheatham, Sumner, Robertson, Cannon, Dekalb, (to name a few) and anyone else within stone's throw, come on in!!:-drink

FORD FRED 08-11-2011 05:07 AM

Hello, from barely outside western Murfreesboro. I hope that it is alright for me to post here. To my knowledge I have not been officialy accepted into the Tennesse chapter yet. I suspect that our Chapter leader has been very busy the past few weeks with the big get together in East Tennessee. If you are familiar with the area I guess that I am located in greater Salem. I will look forward to getting to meet with you all.

jon's66f100 08-11-2011 09:29 AM

Thanks Confederate for starting this. Although some may wonder where the "New member from Murfreesboro" thread went to after not seeing it pop up all the time! Lol! Look forward to meeting all of you at some point when we can get a GTG planned. Oh, and SUBSCRIBED!

jon's66f100 08-11-2011 09:31 AM

Anyone going to the Ardmore Car Show this Saturday?

tacson 08-11-2011 01:18 PM

Jon it is my intention to go to Ardmore. The plan is to get up early go to the swap meet in Nashville at the fairgrounds which opens at 7am and then cruise back to the house pickup the wife and head to Ardmore by 9 as the show there doesnt start until 10.

jon's66f100 08-11-2011 03:08 PM

Awesome! I'll look for you at the show

The Confederate 08-13-2011 05:17 PM

Y'all need to come to the Wilson County Fair. There is an antique car/truck show and tons of other machines posted around the fairgrounds. I'll find out the date and time for the big show and post it here. And it's also sponsored by FORD!! :-X22 And Fred, I'd say you are ok, especially if you've applied. I'm no moderator or anything but it don't bother me a bit.

tacson 08-13-2011 09:05 PM

Hey Jon didn't make it to Ardmore. Hope the show was enjoyable

jon's66f100 08-14-2011 07:17 PM

The show was awesome...over 1000 cars and trucks! Actually met some guys from the slick 60's forum with some bad ass trucks! It was definitely a little on the warm side though.

tacson 08-14-2011 08:11 PM

Were you able to take your truck? Did you see a lot of pre 60's Ford Trucks? Any pics you care to share? Thanks

jon's66f100 08-15-2011 01:06 PM

Sure did! Cruised down 840 to 65 and got 20mpg's! Stoked to say the least! There wasn't many Ford trucks...maybe 5 or 6 each body style. As for pics didn't take any...just didn't think about it. I definitely should have. Sorry

Customcab 08-16-2011 09:01 PM

As mention on the other thread;would like to see about a GTG Mid Tn; I guessing October time frame; mainly because I'm Seflfish and prolly won't have my current build finish until then.lol
Last year we did a chilli dinner at Torkums place in Mt. Juliet; any ideals from you Boro boyz?

maples01 08-18-2011 04:53 AM

I'm working on moving, once I find a place I'm headed to east TN, my 73 is still in SC, waiting on hinging the side door to a gullwing, it'll be a while before I get it back. The last weekend in Sept I have to be in NC to make The Great Southern Van Run, have been hoping my van would be ready to pickup then, it needs to be seen. I don't want to be driving all over middle TN with my big van, it needs work, the AC vacuum setup is leaking, I need help to locate it to cut the hole in my wheel well to replace the part, it's using gas heavily.

The Confederate 08-21-2011 11:09 PM

Hey y'all!! I thought I'd post this info because I love the Wilson County Fair so much. This year ( Aug 12-20) made history. Single day record attendance was 109,603 which kicked the original record of 105,779 (2009) in the rear. Also, total week attendance was 545,945 which completely blew the old record of 505,434 (again 2009) out of the water. The grounds actually reached capacity and the gates were barred and people were turned away. Can Wilson County throw a fair or what??!:-jammin
Top 50 in North America. HA!

Vanaroo 08-22-2011 08:50 PM

Hey Guys:

I live out around Mount Juliet/Gladeville area. I was wondering if you guys new of anyone local who builds engines and knows Fords.