Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   Introducing the 2012 F-150 Harley-Davidson! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1090202-introducing-the-2012-f-150-harley-davidson.html)

Ford-Trucks Editors 08-09-2011 03:26 PM

Introducing the 2012 F-150 Harley-Davidson!

Check out today's homepage article detailing the just-revealed 2012 F150 Harley-Davidson edition. Slick, right?! There have been over 70,000 Ford trucks sporting the Harley trim, so tell us, is this the best one yet?

SteveVFX4 08-09-2011 04:20 PM

Don't care much for the new rim design or new stripe and I think they are starting to play out the Platinum white color on these different models. They should just stick to black color for the Harley truck.

Augster 08-09-2011 07:15 PM

6.2... very nice.

Would have liked to have seen a supercharged 5-oh however...

ebexp94 08-09-2011 08:19 PM

I like the paint job. I think I like the rims....not sure though. They kind of play with your eyes in the distance shots.

The article needs more exterior angles. For example, there is no view of the front end and it's new grille.

tseekins 08-09-2011 08:35 PM

I love the interior and that's all. I don't even like the engine (choice).

My local dealer has a 2011 silver HD truck on the lot and it's been there for about 6 months. $54K is a hard pill to swallow for a truck that just doesn't say buy me.

ThirdsACharm 08-10-2011 07:13 AM

Like the graphics.
The interior is also nice.
Not a truck I would consider for me for various reasons, but really nice.

shortride 08-10-2011 10:16 AM

I'm glad to see they finally are offering a white Harley F150 but I still don't like the graphics. I really have never been much for graphics anyhow. I like the front bumpers on Harley and Limited F150’s better. I also like the interior ambient lighting. I haven't liked the wheel design on Harley F150's since the 2003 model. There just isn't enough differences to justify the added cost.

Originally Posted by ebexp94 (Post 10678693)
I like the paint job. I think I like the rims....not sure though. They kind of play with your eyes in the distance shots.
The article needs more exterior angles. For example, there is no view of the front end and it's new grille.

I don't see any difference in the 2012 grille design.

stephen.osborne1 08-10-2011 10:34 AM

Very nice truck, but I'd like to see a 5.0 Ecoboost in there...

ebexp94 08-10-2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by shortride
I don't see any difference in the 2012 grille design.

From the article:

Ford then adds a unique bright chrome grille...
Unique to me suggests unique to the 2012 HD. But I wouldnt know from this article because the grille isn't shown.

I am not impressed with these FTE articles lately. The "Increased payload" article was especially horrible.

Ford-Trucks Editors 08-10-2011 01:28 PM

here's a photo of the front:http://static.ibsrv.net/autocomm/Con...nF150front.jpg

TX_FF_Jim 08-25-2011 09:05 PM

Harley F150

Has anyone heard when they will be releasing this truck for orders from Ford??

shortride 08-26-2011 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by ebexp94 (Post 10681489)
From the article:

Unique to me suggests unique to the 2012 HD. But I wouldnt know from this article because the grille isn't shown.

I am not impressed with these FTE articles lately. The "Increased payload" article was especially horrible.

You don't see the picture of the Harley F150 grille? http://www.themustangnews.com/conten...-into-sturgis/

MCDavis 08-26-2011 06:59 AM

Have always liked the exterior sytling of the Harley since the 04 models came through. This truck is no exception, although the body graphic I could do without.

shortride 08-26-2011 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by MCDavis (Post 10739777)
Have always liked the exterior sytling of the Harley since the 04 models came through. This truck is no exception, although the body graphic I could do without.

I'm with you on the graphics. If I ever bought an H-D the graphics would be the first to go.

BURNSTOUGHFORD 08-26-2011 08:31 AM

I would be for a Hardley Ableson edition ford if it didnt say Harley Davidson anywhere on it. Honestly I really like the truck, but couldnt see myslef ever owning a truck that has badges all over if from a motorcycle brand i cannot stand.

TX_FF_Jim 08-26-2011 08:43 AM

Burns, your list is great....that is, until you ruin it with that jap-crap crotch rocket. Yeah, it's faster than my Softail but nowhere near as gorgeous haha

shortride 08-26-2011 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by BURNSTOUGHFORD (Post 10739984)
I would be for a Hardley Ableson edition ford if it didnt say Harley Davidson anywhere on it. Honestly I really like the truck, but couldnt see myslef ever owning a truck that has badges all over if from a motorcycle brand i cannot stand.

I agree with you. I guess Ford has recognized a need for a specialty market for the H-D trucks but it's obviously very limited. I have a late model Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic that has had more issues than I can keep up with. I honestly would not wish it on my worst enemy.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1...0/P3150001.jpg

Deluxe05 08-26-2011 10:47 AM

I have been following the Ford Harley-Davidson Alliance trucks since 2001 when I first found out that they had a partnership. Through the years, it seems like they constantly introduce changes that I like & dislike. And, on reflecting on that aspect, I have to say that it has got to be hard to design a car/truck for a target audience when the tastes of people vary so wildly.

I, personally, am a plain-Jane person. I do not like skulls, flames, or any of the other popular styling queues. If anything, I like the days of pin-up girls, but I would not want the front of my truck painted with a pin-up girl like the nose of a WWII bomber.

I loved almost everything about my '06 Harley-Davidson F-250...except the flames on lower doors. However, they did grow on me. With the dark stone grey body color, the black flames were muted bit. When that truck was stolen, I was heartbroken.

I could not settle on a '08 Harley-Davidson trucks (both F-150 & Super Duty) because I hated the copperish-brown, ribbed, V design in the seats. And, honestly, I still was not too sure about going with the 6.4L PSD, as it was still pretty new. So, I ended up getting a Lincoln Mark LT.

In 2009, Ford offered the venerable 6.8L V10 in the Harley-Davidson Super Duties. That solved my motor quandary, and after seeing the blue-on-blue, ghosted flames, I knew that I had found my next truck.

The 2010 Harley-Davidson F-150s were awful, IMHO. I was not a fan of the swoop design on the lower doors, but I could have gotten past that. However, the burgundy leather inlays throughout the interior just wrecked the interior (go see for yourself).

2011 Harley-Davidson F-150s were a mixed bag. The interiors went back to classic black leather. But, they stepped up the gawdiness of the exterior graphics. It is essentially a simulated fish-scale polished metal look that is outlined by pin stripes (go see for yourself). And, they put it on the hood in addition to the lower doors.

As for their latest incarnation, I am finding myself still stuck in an odd "like it, hate it" position. I like the interior, but the big, grey, swoop design is just....bleh. And the rims are just odd looking, but I cannot really put my finger on why. Oh, well....to each their own, as I am sure we will all see one or more running around our local streets.

shortride 08-26-2011 01:31 PM

My favorite H-D F150 was the Silver and Black 2003 Supercharged model. I still like that body style better than the newer models.

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/For...c_03_dv_03.jpg

BURNSTOUGHFORD 08-26-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by TX_FF_Jim (Post 10740027)
Burns, your list is great....that is, until you ruin it with that jap-crap crotch rocket. Yeah, it's faster than my Softail but nowhere near as gorgeous haha

To each there own honestly... Its great to see ford selling a speciality truck. I mearly speak from my perspective on it. I probably wouldnt like it anymore if it was a Honda edition. I guess i dont care for the King Ranch much either.

But i always did love the Eddie Baure Edition Broncos (firgure that one out)

As for Hardley Ableson.... Im not intentionally trying to go off topic (but sort of am i guess) but im not a fan of air cooled push rod under powered pig bikes that break down frequently. Im also not a fan of engine vibration and clunky transmissions.

OH and i hate Chrome (you can see why harley bikes dont do it for me.)

Ive been raised in the motorcycle world (dad owned a motorcycle repair shop) and i have been around bikes my entire life. So i guess my point is im not a fan boy as much as I like reliable fast bikes. (with no chrome...haha)

Theres my spiel.

SteveVFX4 08-26-2011 06:58 PM

aren't those stripes or swoops just stickers? (I think so). Just heat them up and peel them off...problem solved. That's what I would do if I bought the Harley F150.

TX_FF_Jim 08-26-2011 07:01 PM

Yeah, they're just adhesive and even with the new 2012's, I'm still considering yanking those things off. Just gotta see one up close and personal first.

No problems with the HARLEY-DAVIDSON Softail at all....and the chrome is gorgeous!!