Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mississippi Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum215/)
-   -   TheTime has come..I'm stepping down. Nominations/Volunteers needed (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1090113-thetime-has-come-im-stepping-down-nominations-volunteers-needed.html)

BarryMc 08-09-2011 09:17 AM

TheTime has come..I'm stepping down. Nominations/Volunteers needed

Hello all in the Mississippi chapter,

I hate to say this but I must step down as chapter leader.
Lately I have been far to busy with work to devote the time to this chapter that it deserves.
So in saying that...........

Nominations/Volunteers for the MISSISSIPPI chapter leader is now open.

Make sure that the person you nominate will accept the position.

Nominees/Volunteers introduce yourself, provide a brief detail of what you do, where you live and add your first name to your signature.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me, SteveBricks or glruff a PM or otherwise post your question.

Chapter Guidelines are here,,, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/76...-1-2008-a.html

Chapter Leader Guidelines are here,,, https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/76...-1-2008-a.html

Scndsin 08-10-2011 11:56 AM

Slow down yall... Don't everybody volunteer at once. :rolleyes:

glruff 08-10-2011 03:12 PM

Hey David is that your way of volunteering for the position? :-X22

Scndsin 08-10-2011 03:33 PM

Well, Barry did try & dum... er, encourage me to take the position once. I'm truly just not the people person that he is, so I kinda' begged off at the time. I'm REALLY hoping somebody with a big dose of magnetic personality will suddenly materialize in our midst.

glruff 08-10-2011 03:38 PM

So is that a yes?

gatormccluskey 08-10-2011 07:27 PM

I hate to see you go Barry, but you know best.
Somebody say something !
We got to keep it going.

pidaster 08-10-2011 10:07 PM

Sorry to hear Barry. You did well at this.

I'm definitely not the guy for this job though.

gatormccluskey 08-11-2011 07:18 PM

O k. If I can get the support of my fellow Mississippi Chapter members and the help of FTE on how to handle the computer end of this thing, I will do my level best to make OUR chapter something to be proud of.
I know there are lot of Ford Truck drivers that don't even know about FTE. If they could understand thier truck and how it operates, it would make it fun again to own a Ford Truck.
I know when I got mine I was scared to death something was going to happen and I would have to spend a lot of money. Since joining and reading about my truck, I not only work on mine, but also my company trucks. If we don't try and keep FTE a secret and talk to other Ford owners (Gas station - Church - any kind of gathering) we can have a chapter that we can be proud of. We can have get togethers like the bigger chapters have.
We can also have the clout, with the dealers to get a fair deal.
If you thing I have the right idea and you want to have what I invision, let me know.
Thanks
Steve McCluskey

Scndsin 08-12-2011 07:26 AM

Morning yall. Glad to see that there is some interest begining to be generated.

George, I've just been dragging on the inevitable, so yes I would/will volunteer.

Steven, that's pretty ambitious & truly the way that a chapter for
enthusiasts should be lead. I've tried to talk up folks when I run across somebody who I think fits the profile, but really haven't had too much sucess. Haven't ever printed out spotter's cards like I should. I have sent a few folks this way when I run across them "out" in the forums.

I will say that the way the poulation areas of the magnolia state are laid out, will/should cause us to use or have "vice or assistant" chapter leaders for a particular region if we want to be sucessful.

But the really important thing is to be consistant on the forums first, as a glue to hold the real world associations together.

f1504x4driver 08-14-2011 11:05 AM

David you have my vote. I do like your idea of vice or area leaders to cover the whole state. It would certainly help grow the chapter if we could do more in areas and then plan a yearly statewide gathering.

BarryMc 09-01-2011 09:57 PM

Anybody else interested in the Chapter leader position? The pay is good!!

pidaster 09-02-2011 08:20 PM

I'll still pass.

gatormccluskey 09-02-2011 08:50 PM

David >> Tag your it.
Raining in south Ms. The waves were coming over the sea wall today. We had to get everything up above the waves and save what concrete forms we could. Great day to be on the Coast.

Tangi Cowboy 09-04-2011 01:07 PM

Y'all all take note what Barry just said, you need to realize being chapter leader puts you in a whole new "INCOME BRACKET" My whole life changed after I became the Louisiana Chapter Leader, LOL LOL LOL}>

Originally Posted by BarryMc (Post 10765072)
Anybody else interested in the Chapter leader position? The pay is good!!

glruff 09-05-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by gatormccluskey (Post 10768323)
David >> Tag your it.......

So Steve, does this mean you are withdrawing from consideration?

OR is there going to be an election at the end of 30 days?