Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   Some people are rude. Anyone have a story they would to share (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1087857-some-people-are-rude-anyone-have-a-story-they-would-to-share.html)

john fin 08-15-2011 10:25 AM

rude

I know what you mean about rude people, inverse story. I had a rare muscle car in the late 80's. Could not take it any where with out every one wanting to buy it, like tinman, when I told them a price, More then $100, they left. Then there were people knocking on the front door once a week when I parked it in the driveway and then the creative people who ran my license number to find my phone number and started calling me at work to see if I would sell it. And then people following me on the road when I drove it. The last resort was to put NOT for sale signs on the car. Was happy when I sold the car. I am not an Di_k, love the hobby and talk to people about cars but on the other side, yes, people are rude.

Harrier 08-15-2011 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Moe Craig (Post 10698790)
Oach... Did the store just open? Was he the manager? Only one counter person, is this a small store? I would call and let the manager know about this... Most retail buisness's you handle the phone calls first, you want to bring them into the store. Someone in the store is already there.

Back in 1990-91 I worked at an auto parts store in Lincoln Nebraska. It was an independent store. Once I was working with folks on the phone with a line of people. The owner told me, the people in the store have money in hand, they should always be helped first. The people on the phone are generally price shopping.

Moe Craig 08-15-2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Harrier (Post 10699069)
Back in 1990-91 I worked at an auto parts store in Lincoln Nebraska. It was an independent store. Once I was working with folks on the phone with a line of people. The owner told me, the people in the store have money in hand, they should always be helped first. The people on the phone are generally price shopping.

LOL... I've heard that one too... It's funny the different way people look at things... I think it's you need a nice balance of how long it should take to help somone either on the phone or in person...

Doc 08-15-2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Moe Craig (Post 10699501)
LOL... I've heard that one too... It's funny the different way people look at things... I think it's you need a nice balance of how long it should take to help somone either on the phone or in person...

I agree there needs to be a balance. But I think the customers standing at the counter deserve the first attention. We actually discussed this in a thread several months ago. I was kind of shocked at how many people said the philosophy was actually the exact opposite in a lot of stores. Their reasoning was because the telephone customers are quite often "account customers" (i.e. local garages, etc.). I don't know if I agree with that. I think you should always take care of the person standing in front of you first.

About 2 or 3 years ago, I was seriously looking for a certain gun. I walked into a big gun/pawn shop over in another county. I noticed one of those Remington Dale Earnhardt commemorative shotguns on the wall. It wasn't the gun I was looking for, but I was indeed interested and asked to see it. The smarta$$ owner of the store looked me over from head to toe and apparently decided that I couldn't possibly buy that gun. I wasn't dressed to kill, but I certainly didn't look like a bum either. He said something like "we only show it to serious customers". I stopped him short and told him that it wasn't necessary and he should leave it on the wall. I then pulled a few hundred dollar bills out of my pocket and showed it to him as I walked out of the store. I was furious, but my buddies thought it was hilarious.

Krump's brother 08-15-2011 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mountaindoc (Post 10699653)
I agree there needs to be a balance. But I think the customers standing at the counter deserve the first attention. We actually discussed this in a thread several months ago. I was kind of shocked at how many people said the philosophy was actually the exact opposite in a lot of stores. Their reasoning was because the telephone customers are quite often "account customers" (i.e. local garages, etc.). I don't know if I agree with that. I think you should always take care of the person standing in front of you first.

About 2 or 3 years ago, I was seriously looking for a certain gun. I walked into a big gun/pawn shop over in another county. I noticed one of those Remington Dale Earnhardt commemorative shotguns on the wall. It wasn't the gun I was looking for, but I was indeed interested and asked to see it. The smarta$$ owner of the store looked me over from head to toe and apparently decided that I couldn't possibly buy that gun. I wasn't dressed to kill, but I certainly didn't look like a bum either. He said something like "we only show it to serious customers". I stopped him short and told him that it wasn't necessary and he should leave it on the wall. I then pulled a few hundred dollar bills out of my pocket and showed it to him as I walked out of the store. I was furious, but my buddies thought it was hilarious.

Been there before, my problem is that even though I'm 34, most people think I'm 25 at the oldest. Not a bad problem to have, I guess, but being underestimated by people isn't fun.

kenjh 08-15-2011 04:49 PM

on the other side I have met some strange people in my work..and gotten several toy's...motorcycle's ..cars, truck's .tools and stuff ..but then I do talk to nearly everyone.. I seemed to have missed the angry people you got to meet ...