Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum41/)
-   -   1959 f100 cab diagram/plan (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1083158-1959-f100-cab-diagram-plan.html)

Rat1227 07-14-2011 03:47 PM

1959 f100 cab diagram/plan

Hi to all

I am in the process of stripping down the f100 to patch and rebuild the cab.

Does anyone have a plan or diagram of the 1959 f100 cab so that I can see how the cab is constructed and see the dimensions so I am able to cut and shape repair patches ready to weld in.....

Thanks

truckdog62563 07-14-2011 04:30 PM

Here's the diagram from the 1957 Ford Body Builder's Layout Book. Probably as good a reference as exists. It's for all the light and medium duty models. The only challenge might be reading the measurements. If your laptop is as blured as mine it's hard to read, but on bigger screans it's readable. Stu

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...ks/57F350b.jpg

Rat1227 07-14-2011 04:52 PM

Thanks

That is about the fastes response I ever had to a post anywhere..... Thanks so much.

I'll try expanding the diagram and see how it does

Thanks again!!

Rat1227 07-14-2011 04:58 PM

Would you be able to email the original immage?.. Having problems getting the immage to open up larger enough for me to read any details in the version in you reply.

Thanks

truckdog62563 07-14-2011 05:22 PM

This has been reduced from the original diagram to get it to fit image size limits. I can send it to you by email but can't be sure it would be any more clear. I'll send you a full size hard copy if you give me a mailing address. That would for sure be readable. For that matter, I'll send copies of any of the book's pages to anybody that wants. A few stamps I don't care, but if there are a lot of guys wanting copies it'd be good to send me a self addressed stamped return envelope. My mailing address is P. O. Box 78, Rochester, Il. 62563. Stu

kjdungan 07-14-2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by truckdog62563 (Post 10575362)
Here's the diagram from the 1957 Ford Body Builder's Layout Book. Probably as good a reference as exists. It's for all the light and medium duty models. The only challenge might be reading the measurements. If your laptop is as blured as mine it's hard to read, but on bigger screans it's readable. Stu

Stu,

What other info is available in the Builder's Layout Book and do you know where to pick them up at. I have searched online and currently no luck.

Thank you - Keli

truckdog62563 07-14-2011 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by kjdungan (Post 10575617)
Stu,

What other info is available in the Builder's Layout Book and do you know where to pick them up at. I have searched online and currently no luck.

Thank you - Keli

It has drawings for every 1957 model as well as chassis and component drawings. It's not a book that you can go pick up somewhere. Mine is the only one I know of for the '57 - '60 models, and feel lucky to have found it at the ATHS national show a couple months ago. I'd never heard of it until another member started the below thread looking for one for the 1954 models. You'll see in the below thread that many of us questioned whether such a book actually existed. One member did turn up that had one for the '53 - '56 era.

I went to the big Iola swap meet this past week and asked all the big literature venders if they had copies. None did. I also asked, thinking of the below member's question, whether they'd ever seen one for the '53 - '56 models or '48 - '52 models. None had. I guess a person could ask the big eBay literature vendors whether they have copies or have ever seen copies. But if they did I'd think somebody would have bought one and posted info from it before me. Stu

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...yout-book.html

ibuzzard 07-14-2011 07:28 PM

The Ford 1959 Truck Body, Trim & Sealant Assembly Manual was available 3 years or so ago, when I bought mine, from Jim Osborn Reproductions.Tel. number is 770-962-7556.I bought mine on EBay.I'm not going to be able to help you much,as I'm a tech-tard .

Steve

Rat1227 07-14-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by truckdog62563 (Post 10575514)
This has been reduced from the original diagram to get it to fit image size limits. I can send it to you by email but can't be sure it would be any more clear. I'll send you a full size hard copy if you give me a mailing address. That would for sure be readable. For that matter, I'll send copies of any of the book's pages to anybody that wants. A few stamps I don't care, but if there are a lot of guys wanting copies it'd be good to send me a self addressed stamped return envelope. My mailing address is P. O. Box 78, Rochester, Il. 62563. Stu

Hi Truckdog

I'm over in Springfield Illinois..... Small world!!

Could save the postage and an envelope!

We could arrange a meet sometime?

truckdog62563 07-14-2011 09:22 PM

Wow! Another local guy. I'll need to take the book to Staples to do full size copies of the pages, so we could meet there if you want. All the pages I copied so far I reduced. You don't have enough posts yet to do private messages, so how about you just call me sometime and we can work out a time to get together. Phone is 741-0540. Stu

Rat1227 07-14-2011 09:29 PM

Copies

Originally Posted by truckdog62563 (Post 10576535)
Wow! Another local guy. I'll need to take the book to Staples to do full size copies of the pages, so we could meet there if you want. All the pages I copied so far I reduced. You don't have enough posts yet to do private messages, so how about you just call me sometime and we can work out a time to get together. Phone is 741-0540. Stu

I'll cover the cost of a set copies... I'll throw a couple of beers in as well!

I'll call you soon

Chris

Rat1227 07-15-2011 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by truckdog62563 (Post 10576535)

Just a thought,

if you are going to get the book copied at Staple ofr where ever, see if they can scan it to pdf files instead.

that would then let you print out copies whenever you like or to send copies of files to people via email.

Also allow putting the pdfs into a CD which could be indexed and made searchable.....

I work in IT so I could hep with that side of things... What do you think?

truckdog62563 07-15-2011 02:32 PM

You're out of my league on that. Maybe meet me there and ask them yourself. I'm lucky to figure out their copiers! Stu

Rat1227 07-15-2011 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by truckdog62563 (Post 10579452)
You're out of my league on that. Maybe meet me there and ask them yourself. I'm lucky to figure out their copiers! Stu

Hi Stu

How big are the pages? I'm guessing larger than Letter size.

If I know the page size I might be able to find a scanner we could use somewhere

Chris

truckdog62563 07-15-2011 03:44 PM

I'm rethinking this. I just talked to my buddy that's an IT manager at CMS. My concern, which he confirmed, in doing this as you describe is that somebody down the road could decide to turn a profit off this by selling the pdf or CDs. That's not what I'm about. I've got a nice library of old truck references and regularly give away data and research on several different sites. I'm not eager to invite somebody to start turning a profit off this. Paper copies I'll give away if it's to help a member with his truck, but beyond that not.

The pages are 10" x 14". Stu