Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   dealer story (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1081185-dealer-story.html)

429 f-100 07-07-2011 05:32 PM

dealer story

thought maybe someone out there could learn from this story. so a cust came in my shop yesterday he saw my truck out frt and we were talking diesal / trucks / ect... he than said i just got mine back the other day from the dealer. he said i have a 06 and someone:-huh he didn't say who filled the truck with reg gas and he was driving it and it just quit running. so he tows it to the dealer he bought it from the only one in my county.i guess i shouldn't say the name . and they said nope not under warranty, someone filled the tank with gas. so he calls his insurance co. somehow i don't know how or who the company is but they covered the repair . to the tune of13,000.00!they replaced all injectors / fuel tank / all lines / filter / fuel pump / ect... i was floored and as you guys know all that needed to be done was drain it all change the filter and go . itold him that was ridicules but thought ide share this in case that happened to anyone here.:D

A/Ox4 07-07-2011 05:40 PM

Umm.. Excuse me, insurance company.. my air filter was hit my millions of small dust particles and now its clogged... I think I need a new GTP38R. And probably some Stage 3 injectors.

Oh, and the other day a rock got flung up and went "clink" on my transmission pan. Better swap that out with a BTS and a magtec pan too. Just in case.

But seriously.. I want his insurance agent! That guy got lucky!

BigAlsPSD 07-07-2011 06:05 PM

I have had 2 transmissions, as well as both complete axles replaced on my 72 landcruiser. My agent determined that due to an impact with rocks (while rock crawling mind you) it was considered a collision? I just smiled all the way to the bank.

frdf250 07-07-2011 06:16 PM

he would have made out like a bandit if he put the DP in "no start"

empiretc 07-07-2011 07:05 PM

Don't want to know what the premiums are like...

BigAlsPSD 07-07-2011 07:21 PM

I have a $500 deductible and I pay $476.50 a year for full coverage, and comprehensive. That is on the Superduty I currently have 9 vehicles/toys insured through the same insurance the premiums on the landcruiser were about the same IIRC I no longer have it.

ToMang07 07-07-2011 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by empiretc (Post 10547835)
Don't want to know what the premiums are like...

Originally Posted by BigAlsPSD (Post 10547614)
I have had 2 transmissions, as well as both complete axles replaced on my 72 landcruiser. My agent determined that due to an impact with rocks (while rock crawling mind you) it was considered a collision? I just smiled all the way to the bank.

There are still good insurance companies out there. ;)

Had a "front end collision" when I hit a snow (read ICE) bank too hard plowing, the push plates went on one side, and the plow frame came up and spashed the whole front of the truck. :-arrgh

Got ALL new front end, including bumper, (which only the plastic was dammaged) all new, plus paint. And while they were in there the "buffed out" the sideswipe I had in the bed... no questions asked. They pretty much wrote a blank check and said "fix whatever needs to get fixed." :-jammin

I'm paying ~$640/year for full coverage, but thats also with a $100 deductible. Free towing/roadside assistance, and replacement (actual) coverage w/GAP.

429 f-100 07-08-2011 06:23 AM

being a body shop owner i would have to say most insurance companies out there that i deal with daily are out to spend the least amount they can .buying parts on line two states away ,mostly all a/m or used . and wash there hands of responsibility to the shops . its usually the shop or the dealers that eats the difference in parts and such to do a quality job and retain the cust for next time.:-X04 but my point was would you want your new 50k $ truck completely apart for no reason . ive never even had anyone change my oil my entire life .but thats just me i guess