Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General NON-Automotive Conversation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/)
-   -   Prom night's comin' up . . . looking for suggestions . . (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/108088-prom-nights-comin-up-looking-for-suggestions.html)

mbnv992 03-28-2003 10:39 PM

Prom night's comin' up . . . looking for suggestions . .

Hi all,
well, my senior prom is coming up (the end of May), and I'm looking for some suggestions on to how to approach the night so to speak. How was your proms? I'm getting an 8 pass. Limo, and am picking up a black tux. to wear. Any suggestions on what to get my date? Flowers, etc.? I was thinking of getting an excursion stretched, but when I thought about it, it's actually a dumb idea. (Think about it, your date getting out of a stretched SUV in a dress lol) I'm taking the truck down to her house, and the limo is picking us up at my house. I'll put some pictures of the night up in my gallery (with my truck in the background of course :) )

Looking for tips ? ? ? ?
How does the plan sound thus far?

redranger1 03-28-2003 11:29 PM

go with the stretch X. then id make some fancy steps fer her to get in and out of it on.:-X22 ive always got the little bundle of flowers that go on the wrist. have fun!

Quadiquizm 03-28-2003 11:35 PM

Sounds like you are on the right track.

It might actually be easier for your date to get in and out of the stretch suv with a dress on (dependant on style and fit of course).
You could always drop the limo for a horse-drawn carriage!

Wrist corsage is a definate must - but ask what color her dress is and then tell the florist - don't mess with this!
Take lots of photos.
Open all doors for your date.
If you are in cool climate, bring an extra sweater for your date for the cooler evening air.
And keep it safe.

FordRancher 03-28-2003 11:38 PM

I too would recommend a wrist corsage. Most prom dresses don't really have much of an area to pin flowers to. The X-limo might be a fun ride and make it very memorable, but I agree that it isn't sensible for a girl in a dress to get into, then again, if she's tall it might be easier. Be a gentleman and have fun and stay safe.

FarmForward 03-29-2003 09:54 AM

My prom date was memorable in that instead of the stretch limo, we rode to the dance in an International Harvester 1086. I spent a week cleaning it up so it would'nt get her dress dusty. She and I had been going together for awhile, and I told her that I was going to do it, but she did'nt believe me. It took my a little over an hour to get from the farm to her house (she lived in town), where my parents were waiting with hers to take pictures. Mom and Dad had driven my old truck, so that she would think that I had their car. We got plenty of attention: a picture in the yearbook, and one in the local newspaper of me helping her step out of the tractor, and some priceless memories. At our ten year reunion someone asked me if I had driven to the banquet hall in my tractor, and if I had brought my date with me. (Nope, by then I had an F250 diesel, which I did'nt spend a week cleaning.) My dad still has that tractor.

Thanks for bringin' those memories back...

big_daddy_velvet 03-29-2003 12:12 PM

Dude, you want to go classy? Forget the limo, everbody does that.
I don't know where you live, but if you live in a city, try to find somebody that rents classic cars.
I hired a guy that had a 50's Chevy coupe, all tricked out with hydralics, flame throwers and ground effects. It was pretty sweet, and it was about 30 bucks less than a limo. He drove us there, picked us up, took us to the after party, and then took us home. 75 bucks.
Whatever you do, just keep the night classy, don't do anything stupid. Every guy dreams of getting a piece on prom night, but if you try too hard, you'll regret it...
Have Fun!
BDV

Greywolf 03-29-2003 02:45 PM

If you have the cash for a limo - you obviously have the means to make the night memorable.

Go for class, and yet make a statement about you.

REPEAT: YOU (not the latest fads - in twenty years you don't want to hate the pictures)

You got to have STYLE...

I'd start there.

Can you rent a Duesenberg, a Lamborghini, or a Mercedes 250SL in your area?

~Just a few thoughts...

BigMattXXL 03-29-2003 04:30 PM

I graduated in 2000, went to prom with my girlfriend (who I'm still with, 3.5 years later). Had a good time, even though I harbor a general sense of contempt towards people in general, especially my classmates.

My only suggestions are to enjoy yourself, and to make sure you're "prepared" for anything that might be going on afterwards (just because you're enjoying yourself doesn't mean you can abandon all common sense)

Be smart and safe. Don't drink and drive, wear protection. I'm not lecturing, but I try to look out for people.

Enjoy yourself!

XXL

fiend 03-29-2003 07:31 PM

I'm a senior this year, and mine is April 26th(and the same day is my ex-girlfriends birthday), and although i've been to two proms before this one with my ex-girlfriend(who is a year ahead of me in shcool), this will be the one where I have to do the most work!

My ex had a bestfriend who's mom who owned a flower shop so I never had to deal with any of the corsage stuff for the two years I went to them.

And my new girlriend of about 4 months, is completely opposite to me. I'm a old fashioned kind of guy, go out of my way for the lady, pay for everything, open all the doors. She HATES that, and the worst is she hates my big Bronco :( This prom is definately going to be a chore, but hopefully one I will enjoy.

BDV I love your idea about the 50's Chevy Coupe, that's on sweet idea.

924x2150 03-29-2003 07:36 PM

Spend a....lot of money, act as silly as you can, and try not to throw up. Or you could be mature and treat your woman like a human being and act respectable.
There are your choices.

Have Fun

RebelCowboy 03-29-2003 08:15 PM

Im a senior this year too, and lookin for some suggestions. I dont have a girlfriend, but am taking a good friend to prom. Should i do the same stuff for her as i would for my ex? Not quite sure what to do with the "friend" situation. any suggestion?
Rebel

mbnv992 03-29-2003 08:39 PM

Funny you should mention that. The girl I'm going to the prom with, was my girlfriend for four years, four years ago (figure that one out lol) We had a fight, and she moved (her parents got a divorce, she lived about 4 houses down from me), but, fortunately, she moved to the next town over (on the town line actually) . So, I get to see her now about once every 2 months if I'm lucky. It sucks, cause I used to see them everyday.
Oh well, anyway, I think she still likes me, cause when I asked her to the prom, she seemed very excited, and said "yes" right away.

Anyway, thanks for the help thus far guys, and keep it comin' !

Mike

PS - My Prom date for my high school is May 30th.

Jim242002 03-29-2003 09:10 PM

heck rent a plane and fly in man..lol
naw the stretch is a good ideal...some flowers,some words like wow you look good,and some marvin gaye playing as background music...lol

FordRancher 03-30-2003 12:06 AM

A note to something said above, don't just tell her how good she looks, be specific. Like tell her how nice her dress is or her hair, that'll mean more to her. I like the idea of doing something unique, like the classic car deal. I read in the paper once where a guy took his date to the prom on a restored catipillar grader. The horse and carriage is good too. Have fun.

Mil1ion 03-30-2003 12:11 AM

I've been thinking that maybe it's time to find a
Motorcycle w/Sidecar.

Paint it up like "Herbie the Love Bug" and have tons of fun.

"Girls like it when you mention their shoes".

Mention how nice her shoes are,

OH Ya, and her eyes,

Tell her how beautiful her eyes are.