Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   5th Wheel Prep and 5th Wheel with Gooseneck (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1080542-5th-wheel-prep-and-5th-wheel-with-gooseneck.html)

TheMacgyver 07-05-2011 10:04 AM

5th Wheel Prep and 5th Wheel with Gooseneck

Does Ford sell and install the 5th wheel prep and a 5th wheel with the gooseneck ball. I need both and was considering just letting Ford do the install.

lakedweller 07-05-2011 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by TheMacgyver (Post 10537715)
Does Ford sell and install the 5th wheel prep and a 5th wheel with the gooseneck ball. I need both and was considering just letting Ford do the install.

Only if you order the truck with the fifth wheel prep package. My dealer won't touch my truck when it comes to my 5er. Maybe it is just my dealer. Go to a reputable RV dealer to have it done....

PowerStrokeHD 07-05-2011 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by TheMacgyver (Post 10537715)

Yes, a Ford dealer can sell and install what you need as part of Ford's dealer accessory program...

5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package
P/N: BC3Z-5F057-A
MSRP: $545.00 (Plus Labor)
Estimated Labor/Install Time: 2 Hours

Gooseneck Kit
P/N: BC3Z-19F503-A
MSRP: $250.00
Estimated Labor/Install Time: N/A

5th Wheel Kit
P/N: BC3Z-19D520-A
MSRP: $1,695.00 (Plus Labor)
Estimated Labor/Install Time: 30 Minutes

my996duc1 07-05-2011 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by PowerStrokeHD (Post 10539319)
Yes, a Ford dealer can sell and install what you need as part of Ford's dealer accessory program...

5th Wheel/Gooseneck Prep Package
P/N: BC3Z-5F057-A
MSRP: $545.00 (Plus Labor)
Estimated Labor/Install Time: 2 Hours

Gooseneck Kit
P/N: BC3Z-19F503-A
MSRP: $250.00
Estimated Labor/Install Time: N/A

5th Wheel Kit
P/N: BC3Z-19D520-A
MSRP: $1,695.00 (Plus Labor)
Estimated Labor/Install Time: 30 Minutes

Will these part numbers work for the short bed ?
I was told that I couldn't get the 5th wheel setup from Ford on my short bed.... hmmm..... sounds like maybe I need to go to a different dealer....

PowerStrokeHD 07-05-2011 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by my996duc1 (Post 10539799)
Will these part numbers work for the short bed ?
I was told that I couldn't get the 5th wheel setup from Ford on my short bed.... hmmm..... sounds like maybe I need to go to a different dealer....

There is no reason they shouldn't. The cross member, brackets, bolts, etc. are the same for short beds and long beds when installed at the factory and the prep kit offered through Ford Accessories includes the same parts in a convenient kit form for post production installation. The product description/information for the Ford Accessories prep kit used to state that it was only for 8 ft. beds, but that appears to have been removed in most places. It appears the only thing yet to be updated is the installation instructions which are specifically for 8 ft. bed installation, but you have to keep in mind that the instructions are over a year old and well before Ford even started installing the prep package on short beds from the factory...

429martin 02-19-2013 02:59 PM

installing BC3Z-5F057-A 5th wheel prep package

Anybody know where I can see a video or instructuctions online to install the 5th wheel prep package on 2012 f-350? Does the bed have to be lifted or just the middle panel on the floor of the bed need to be removed?

SavageNFS 02-19-2013 03:04 PM

Not a Ford 5th wheel hitch, but a member here (EpicCowlick) made an awesome video of the B&W installation on his truck. I have the same hitch systems and I love it (more than the Ford kit). Hope this gives you a little bit of an idea...

429martin 02-19-2013 03:07 PM

Yeah I am going to buy the factory one because I don't want rails left in my bed. I saw this video on youtube. Thanks.

SavageNFS 02-19-2013 03:09 PM

The B&W doesn't have rails in the bed?

Hdslider 02-19-2013 03:15 PM

Use the one In video. Its awsome dont have anything in bed.no rails. Best in my opinion.

KC8QVO 02-19-2013 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by SavageNFS (Post 12858023)
Not a Ford 5th wheel hitch, but a member here (EpicCowlick) made an awesome video of the B&W installation on his truck. I have the same hitch systems and I love it (more than the Ford kit). Hope this gives you a little bit of an idea...
Fifth wheel B&W Companion Hitch Install on a 2011 Ford Super Duty F350 6.7L diesel - YouTube

SavageNFS beat me to it...

The only catch to this is if you have a short bed truck it may not be as viable of an option when it comes to your 5ver. The factory Ford prep package is essentially the Reece Elite system and they do have a plug-in slider option for short beds. The B&W Turnover has a 5th wheel pinbox but it is fixed with no option of a slider. That having been said, I've looked at a lot of these installs at work over the past couple years on Dodges, GM/s, Chevys, and Fords and everyone has a super clean bed and has nothing but great comments. One of the guys trades trucks fairly often and has the dealer move the hitch from one to the next.

429martin 02-19-2013 06:32 PM

install 5th wheel Ford prep package

I know a guy that is willing to sell me his 5th wheel prep package that he got from the dealership "BC3Z-5F057-A" and it's a good deal. What i was wondering is if the bed needs to be raised or the middle panel can be unbolted and the 5th wheel prep package put in. The dealer want over $1000 just for the prep package to be installed and wait 2 weeks for the part to come in. Thanks.

Painted Horse 02-19-2013 06:57 PM

What middle panel are you talking about?

I installed the B&W on my 2006 truck and did not have to lift the bed. The dealer installed it as part of the sale on my 2011 And I'm pretty sure he did not lift the bed. As when my bed got wrecked and I swapped it for a new bed, None of the bolts had ever been loosened. A couple of them were real buggers to get out.

I'm not sure what the difference between the two would be, But the cross frame plate just slips into place under the bed on the B&W.
I sure would not pay any dealer $1000 for the install. Most places will install the B&W for $100

429martin 02-19-2013 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Painted Horse (Post 12858748)
What middle panel are you talking about?

I installed the B&W on my 2006 truck and did not have to lift the bed. The dealer installed it as part of the sale on my 2011 And I'm pretty sure he did not lift the bed. As when my bed got wrecked and I swapped it for a new bed, None of the bolts had ever been loosened. A couple of them were real buggers to get out.

I'm not sure what the difference between the two would be, But the cross frame plate just slips into place under the bed on the B&W.
I sure would not pay any dealer $1000 for the install. Most places will install the B&W for $100

This one. I was told those six bolts hold down the panel that can be removed to access the frame and install the 5th wheel prep package. I have a blown up image of the panel removed from Ford but I am not able to attach it to this thread.
[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/FORD%20TRUCK/Picture%20602.jpg[/IMG]

powerstroke72 02-19-2013 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by 429martin (Post 12858878)
This one. I was told those six bolts hold down the panel that can be removed to access the frame and install the 5th wheel prep package. I have a blown up image of the panel removed from Ford but I am not able to attach it to this thread.
[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/FORD%20TRUCK/Picture%20602.jpg[/IMG]

You can't post pics directly from your hard drive. Upload the pic to your gallery or album on FTE and then you can post it from there.

Also, if you're talking about the six big Torx head bolts on the bottom of the bed, they hold the entire bed on the frame. There is no removable center panel on these beds.