Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Connecticut Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum227/)
-   -   CT junk yards with Classic vehicles (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1076865-ct-junk-yards-with-classic-vehicles.html)

keyul 06-20-2011 11:19 PM

CT junk yards with Classic vehicles

So I have been thinking lately how much of a PITA it is to find junk yards that still have classic vehicles in them. As you know, a few years ago, scrap was through the roof, many yards cashed out their stock piles of old vehicles, some even closed down entirely after selling everything and are now housing developments. I'm figuring if you know of yards in the state that still have lots of old vehicles in them, that we could post up a nice list here to make finding what we need easier!

The yard I go to the most, is Kleeman's in preston. Lots of old cars, trucks, right back into the 40's and 50's. Plenty of old ford trucks :-X22. So guy's if you know of a good yard with older vehicles still in it, post it here!

danorules 06-21-2011 09:01 PM

i have always used leveilles in tolland. i have not used them in a few years but they are still there.
also i believe that all of the junk yards are linked with a super junkyard database that has their inventory on it. i have been sent to other facilities to get parts that one didnt have and their computer knew who had the parts i needed

7.3 Rocket 06-22-2011 04:26 PM

I believe the name is chicks its on south cherry street extension. Lots of old vehicles. No guarantee how much is useful still but theres lots of old stuff there.

acf6 06-22-2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by danorules (Post 10488010)
i have always used leveilles in tolland. i have not used them in a few years but they are still there.
also i believe that all of the junk yards are linked with a super junkyard database that has their inventory on it. i have been sent to other facilities to get parts that one didnt have and their computer knew who had the parts i needed

Really random but i saw you on sunday on porter street in your truck.. everytime i see you im not in mine so i dont bother waving lol

keyul 06-27-2011 10:23 PM

I think I'll give some of these places a call, maybe I can find that elusive skid plate for my truck!

jthorngate3 07-01-2011 07:32 AM

I've gotta find a JY with stockpile of 80's trucks so I can find myself some factory A/C!

keyul 07-01-2011 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by jthorngate3 (Post 10524299)
I've gotta find a JY with stockpile of 80's trucks so I can find myself some factory A/C!

Kleemans up in preston bro, hes got the main lot, and the lot across the street, so many 80's fords it'll make your head spin!

jthorngate3 07-01-2011 01:48 PM

Sounds like a plan, now I just gotta make it happen!

keyul 07-05-2011 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by jthorngate3 (Post 10525497)
Sounds like a plan, now I just gotta make it happen!

Lemme know if you head up there, I live about 20 minutes from it!