Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.7L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum205/)
-   -   WTF Right Rear Brake 10 day back order. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1075761-wtf-right-rear-brake-10-day-back-order.html)

Outback101 06-16-2011 09:44 PM

WTF Right Rear Brake 10 day back order.

8000 miles on the King Ranch and I pull into work Monday with a smoking rear brake :-arrgh. The smoke was a rolling out the wheel well and she was hot. Couldn't feel it going down the road and luckily I think it had only been that way for about a half mile, from braking to turn at an intersection. The worst part of the whole deal, :-hair Ford can't support their dealers with this part. I was told it is on a 10 day backorder...or more. That su@ks and apparently enough are failing that they are in short supply and high demand. It was the first I had heard of the problem and now I am waiting on a caliper from Ford because it is a warranty issue. Rebuilds from NAPA and Autozone are available I guess. Ford customer hotline needs more time to evaluate the problem or something. How about supporting your customers and dealers by pulling some parts from the build line!

Biggziff 06-17-2011 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Outback101 (Post 10468864)
, :-hair Ford can't support their dealers with this part. apparently enough are failing that they are in short supply and high demand.

Hmmm....first post here so I'll cut you some slack, but that's a pretty big leap to assume that this problem is wide spread. If you have specific details that would confirm your accusation we're all ears...if not, I'd say your truck had a failure that isn't uncommon with any vehicle that has disc brakes. The lack of parts could be due to the fact that this isn't a common failure, thus dealers don't stock the part and Ford is doing a great job controlling inventory.

dschuffert 06-17-2011 08:35 AM

Outback101 - I just checked with my dealer and they have the part in stock if you are talking about a 2011 model year. PM me and I'll send you all the contact details.

Biggziff 06-17-2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by dschuffert (Post 10470248)
Outback101 - I just checked with my dealer and they have the part in stock if you are talking about a 2011 model year. PM me and I'll send you all the contact details.

With one post I don't think he can PM or be PM'd

dschuffert 06-17-2011 08:39 AM

Good point. I'll just post the info here then: Smith Ford of Lowell IN, 1777 E Commercial Ave Lowell, IN 46356-2110 (219) 696-8971.

PowerStrokeHD 06-17-2011 09:13 AM

They only brake related problem I have heard so far on these trucks is a brake drag condition due to a improperly adjusted stop lamp switch.

Outback101 06-17-2011 06:18 PM

Thanks for the Info

Thanks DSchuffert. Hate to disagree with the Biggziff....almost mistyped that but he did cut me some slack:-X0A6 now to see if he has a sense of humor. The failure rate assumption comes from conversation with a couple of different Service Managers. Some fleet trucks are having problems, so they say, and the heavier trucks too. Searching different Ford Forums there was really no mention of this type problem so maybe they are just talking to sooth the customer. Anyway I know all about assumptions and we all have them so Biggz doesn't have to go there.
As far as inventory management I would say it is poor if they cannot get a part to any stateside dealer in a couple of days let alone the ten or more they are telling me now. When I get this all resolved I will post up the e-mails from the Ford Customer Service conversations.
Hey Biggziff. Please don't take offense. I don't like brand bashers or trolls either. Thanks for the break, and dschufert thanks for the heads up on the part. That's the kind of participation that makes forums so helpful.

Biggziff 06-17-2011 08:58 PM

No worries...we're all here for the same reason. I've asked friends at 3 Ford dealerships to see if:

1) They're seeing any issues with calipers

2) If calipers are showing as back ordered

I'll let you know when they report back to me.

capt caper 06-18-2011 06:04 AM

When I get out of mine and smell brake It gets my attention because on my 08 F350 (exact layout as new one except 6.4) my front caliper froze around 10k and my rear shortly after. Don't know if I caused it or not but I hope they made some improvements since then. I now have 16k and they seem to be holding up but I try to use the tow haul mode alot around town and down hills.

Biggziff 06-20-2011 10:15 AM

I just spoke with the local dealers. Each one has at least one caliper on the shelf and none report any known back order of this part.

Outback101 06-20-2011 11:15 AM

Dschufert no luck with your dealer. Talked to parts at Smith Ford and they didn't have one. May have went elsewhere. Thanks again for the help. I am still talking w/Ford and still waiting on them to get me on the road with my truck. Still no one in customer service has been able to tell me where the brake parts may be or when they may come in. They are always able to get back in contact with you in two business days though! LOL

Outback101 06-20-2011 11:18 AM

Biggziff, that is encouraging news. Any phone numbers or dealer names I can contact would be great.

Brian Uhlenhake 06-20-2011 06:01 PM

Just pulled into driveway tonight and my left rear brake smoking!!!

I didn't have emergency brake on, wasn't dragging brake, etc....???

I'm going to work out and then come back and take wheel off...frustrating.

Brian

dschuffert 06-20-2011 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Outback101 (Post 10481405)
Dschufert no luck with your dealer. Talked to parts at Smith Ford and they didn't have one. May have went elsewhere. Thanks again for the help. I am still talking w/Ford and still waiting on them to get me on the road with my truck. Still no one in customer service has been able to tell me where the brake parts may be or when they may come in. They are always able to get back in contact with you in two business days though! LOL

Sorry to hear about that. It appears that this part moves fast.

Outback101 06-22-2011 08:54 AM

Today is day 10 and no update from Ford or Dealer on when I will see my truck again. Just apologetic e-mails with please be patient and we are doing all we can to resolve this issue. At this point I think Ford should okay the dealer putting on a part from another vendor or source (NAPA) and when the part is available let me make an appointment then for them to install it. Because it's under waranty and this is a FORD part with FORD "cast in iron" on the side of it they won't go there yet. :-arrgh My rant for the day.

Any FORD service departments have this part out there anywhere?