Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Large Truck (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum232/)
-   -   Looking for some misc. Parts for C series (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1074433-looking-for-some-misc-parts-for-c-series.html)

IceCreamMike 06-12-2011 08:51 AM

Looking for some misc. Parts for C series

I am very close to what most would call completion on my truck. I figure I will never be done. I was wondering if anyone knows were I could source the following. I would also like to mention I had to buy a donor C for this project which I would be happy to part out. The alternative is to call a scrapper/truck dealer. Please contact me for pics.

1. Door seal
2. Running lights that match the holes? Or am I dreaming and I should just patch drill for new different ones
3. Also looking for a source for wheel covers preferably used, steel, matching and reasonably priced. Is there such a thing?
4. Since I want to install carpet in the cab. Is there a product out there that "finishes" the ends of the carpet thinking of something that is plastic that can be screwed down like an edge.

I apologize for sounding like a novice when it comes to this stuff. Because I am a novice this truck has been my first project. I would appreciate any and all feed back.

krewat 06-13-2011 09:04 AM

Since the original poster has less than 25 posts, and can't receive PMs, if anyone has anything to offer, post your email address and ask IceCreamMike to contact you directly.

No discussing prices or availability.

thanks

IceCreamMike 06-13-2011 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Krewat (Post 10453779)
Since the original poster has less than 25 posts, and can't receive PMs, if anyone has anything to offer, post your email address and ask IceCreamMike to contact you directly.

No discussing prices or availability.

thanks

Thank you sir.
I was looking for sources as much as specific items.

Mike

NumberDummy 06-16-2011 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by IceCreamMike (Post 10450404)
I am very close to what most would call completion on my truck. I figure I will never be done. I was wondering if anyone knows were I could source the following. I would also like to mention I had to buy a donor C for this project which I would be happy to part out. The alternative is to call a scrapper/truck dealer. Please contact me for pics.

1. Door seal
2. Running lights that match the holes? Or am I dreaming and I should just patch drill for new different ones
3. Also looking for a source for wheel covers preferably used, steel, matching and reasonably priced. Is there such a thing?
4. Since I want to install carpet in the cab. Is there a product out there that "finishes" the ends of the carpet thinking of something that is plastic that can be screwed down like an edge.

1) Door seal: Which one(s)? There are vent window weatherstrips, inner and outer door belt weatherstrips, door weatherstrips that fit around the circumference, division bar weatherstrips.

2) Running lights that match the holes. What type of "running lamps?" Where are the holes?

3) AFAIK, FoMoCo never offered wheel covers or hubcaps for C Series Trucks.

4) These are refered to as scuff or sill plates, Ford first offered them for the C Series in 1978.

D8HZ-9013208-A .. Right Scuff Plate / Obsolete

GREEN SALES CO. in Cincinnati OH has ONE = 800-543-4959.
----------------------------------------------------------
D8HZ-9013209-A .. Left Scuff Plate / Obsolete

GREEN SALES CO. has TWO.

No Ford Dealer, no other obsolete parts vendor has either one.

Let me know about the w/strips, running lights...I'll see if anyone has any NOS (New Old Stock).

AFAIK, no one is reproducing C Series parts, but it's essentially the same truck from 1957 thru 1986

krewat 06-16-2011 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by IceCreamMike (Post 10455123)
Thank you sir.
I was looking for sources as much as specific items.

Not a problem, I think NumberDummy has you covered :-X22

Mike-fire32 07-31-2011 10:24 AM

Mike, I purchased one NOS door seal for my C series fire truck and it was different that what I removed, so Ford apparently changed design along the way. Look for a dealer for Auveco products and you should be able to find bulk door seal material that will fit. Your C series looks newer than mine, so you may actually find an exact match.

As for the wheel covers, check out Real Wheels, Phoenix or Roadmaster. They all make stainless wheel covers for the larger wheels. You should have 22.5 wheels and will find plenty to options. These are used on fire trucks all the time when they want to dress things up but don't want to invest in aluminum wheels.

I just got done painting my truck inside and out, so I know all too well the work involved. I replaced the windshield rubbers, the wing window rubbers and a couple of the whisker seals, but that was all I could find at the time. Get the Ford truck parts CD and check out the NOS parts places. I found Green Sales to have the most stuff.

I started a post for C series owners, so find that and upload a picture of your truck.

madrid london 07-07-2012 02:03 PM

i realize it was a year ago that you posted this; but do you still have your donor truck[skeleton]???