Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/)
-   -   Spent last 4 days doing Mods...Im beat (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1071138-spent-last-4-days-doing-mods-im-beat.html)

Pitcrw6 05-30-2011 07:14 PM

Spent last 4 days doing Mods...Im beat

Well spent the last 4 days doing mods on my ex and I feel like someone beat the heck out of me. Did the HPX, FRX, 6637, oil change switched to Rotella T6, Hutch and harpoon and the kit from dieselsite and the trans flush with the kit from dieselsite.

First off I would like to add to the instructions of the FRX, it has in there that you can use an 8 point socket to remove the small square plug, well i've never seen a 8 point socket but if you have a 5/16 spline socket or boxend wrench that will work great. There is no room on the front passenger side to get a cresent wrench or a pair of vise grips in there.

Has anyone ever dropped an ex fuel tank before....that there kicked my butt. It was only me doing it and I sure wish I had help but if there is anyone else out there thinking about doing it a floor jack is a must. Jack up the rear end and make sure you use jack stands. I also used 2 motorcycle tiedown straps hooked to the frame fwd of the tank and ran them underneath the tank and hooked them to the trailer hitch where the safety chains would hook to and lowered the tank using the floor jack and the straps. It took me a full 12 hrs down and up.

The only thing left now is power steering flush, coolant flush and coolant external filter from dieselsite install and EBVS tube cleaning. When this is all done then I get to do all this on my 02 F350.

riverrat41 05-30-2011 08:35 PM

That is a good lick Rob.You will feel some diffence in the performance of you Ex.Great Job.

.:-X22

big poppa 05-30-2011 08:41 PM

I echo Barry's remarks above exactly, nice jog..:-X03 I' mean job, lol. Your the man Barry..:-X22

nookiemonster55 05-30-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by robbragiel (Post 10404067)
Well spent the last 4 days doing mods on my ex and I feel like someone beat the heck out of me. Did the HPX, FRX, 6637, oil change switched to Rotella T6, Hutch and harpoon and the kit from dieselsite and the trans flush with the kit from dieselsite.

First off I would like to add to the instructions of the FRX, it has in there that you can use an 8 point socket to remove the small square plug, well i've never seen a 8 point socket but if you have a 5/16 spline socket or boxend wrench that will work great. There is no room on the front passenger side to get a cresent wrench or a pair of vise grips in there.

Has anyone ever dropped an ex fuel tank before....that there kicked my butt. It was only me doing it and I sure wish I had help but if there is anyone else out there thinking about doing it a floor jack is a must. Jack up the rear end and make sure you use jack stands. I also used 2 motorcycle tiedown straps hooked to the frame fwd of the tank and ran them underneath the tank and hooked them to the trailer hitch where the safety chains would hook to and lowered the tank using the floor jack and the straps. It took me a full 12 hrs down and up.

The only thing left now is power steering flush, coolant flush and coolant external filter from dieselsite install and EBVS tube cleaning. When this is all done then I get to do all this on my 02 F350.

Man your wife must really WUV you!! I keep telling mine I need to do the mods to one I SHOULD do to the other......its like pulling teeth with her :(

riverrat41 05-30-2011 08:50 PM

I was impressed that Rob dropped the tank solo.That is really a two man job I would think.;)...I am sure others have done it solo though.
He got alot done...Good job!

riverrat41 05-30-2011 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by big poppa (Post 10404360)
I echo Barry's remarks above exactly, nice jog..:-X03 I' mean job, lol. Your the man Barry..:-X22

Sorry Pop's....should be proof reading what I type.:-X19

szotty 05-30-2011 10:54 PM

a motorcycle jack works well for the tank one person wise. i droped mine and did intake mods and back up in 3 hrs one man but i ran her til she had a gallon in her, but it sounded like you had a great weekend

Pitcrw6 05-31-2011 12:29 AM

Thanks guys, I couldnt have done it without all the help on here. I ran the fuel down to 2 gal. I use to have an ATV/motorcycle jack but sold it, that would have been perfect. Finally took it out for a drive and no issues and I couldnt believe how much quieter it runs now. I told the wife that I was going to do my truck first and she had a fit and said oh no your not you will do my ex first. I guess that man pleaser she has got the best of me and I gave in.:-X04

Forgot to add that I did the CCV mod also and installed a fumoto valve