Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum35/)
-   -   Caster/Camber bushings,, How to adjust?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1070233-caster-camber-bushings-how-to-adjust.html)

Dutter 05-26-2011 11:05 PM

Caster/Camber bushings,, How to adjust??

So i got the new ones is to level out my tires from my lift, and ill always think i have them adjusted right but then once i drive it, theyll go off again. And i know the TTB will angel the wheels when you lift it with a jack. But i left it on the ground and used a level on the rim to get it close and it was untell i drive it,,, So im out of ideas, What the book way or dos someone have a nice trick to do it

FireMe 05-28-2011 07:54 PM

You have to use an alignment machine, on an alignment rack, at an alignment shop. This is not something you do at home.

Dutter 05-28-2011 10:27 PM

Yeah well i dont got the money, $60 may not be mutch but for me thats more then i got, But i was able to get one wheel perfectly level, After i drove it the bubble was between the lines, and my other one is getting close

greenpus 05-30-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dutter (Post 10397955)
Yeah well i dont got the money, $60 may not be mutch but for me thats more then i got, But i was able to get one wheel perfectly level, After i drove it the bubble was between the lines, and my other one is getting close

seriously? you put all that **** on your truck to lift it and big tires and you don't have $60 for alignment? Maybe you should change your priorities in life...

Dutter 05-30-2011 09:55 PM

Back off, I got them tire for free from my brother and put them on my self, My lift i made from scrap metal, my bumpers were also made with scrap metal that i built. So all of this cost me just about nothing but a lot of time work

wp120470 06-01-2011 08:45 AM

Hang in there dutter. Sometimes its harder the older you get to remember the excitement of being 17 and fixin up your ride, and todays teenagers just point and daddy pays for a new one. 20 years from now they will be bringing things to you for repair. That is when you get to sit back and laugh about all the little comments you have to hear when you are not afraid of getting dirty. Just remember them when you add up the labor cost. I know from experience nothing you earn comes easy. :-X22

Dutter 06-01-2011 10:05 AM

haha yep,, and Thanks, yeah it drives me crazy seeing them rich kids with big pretty trucks or nice car, and they MAYBE paid for the tires if that, thats why i call them daddies truck, but its ok my truck can out wheel them :-X04

grandmas77f150 06-01-2011 11:02 AM

20 years from now you will also probably look back at your Ranger and laugh at the lengths you went to avoid opening your wallet.

I remember being your age (even though I'm only in my 20's) and wanting to mod my truck but couldn't afford it. That's why I got a job

michigan66 06-01-2011 02:24 PM

But in spite of all of those encouraging thoughts, you still need a professional alignment. Sometimes we have to bite the bullet on things like this.

Dutter 06-01-2011 03:02 PM

yep im still looking for a job, iv applied at 8 other places and i know i can work, but iv goten no bites, because i got to save $970 for new 35s and then get my truck aligned, because if im goin to spend that much on new tires i want them to last

Bullitt390 06-01-2011 07:25 PM

So you're driving it straight and parking it and THEN measuring the alignment or lifting the wheel and setting it down and then measuring?

If you drive straight a short distance and measure that is your alignment specs then.

You also need something that gives an actual readout and not a bubble level.

Josh

Dutter 06-01-2011 08:48 PM

well yes a bubble lever will tell u if the wheel is vertical its not like i can get it
%100 dead on but really close. but now i found out that when i adjust that it also effects my toe in and out, but when i adjust that it will effect my camber, so im just goin to have to mess with it untell i get a alignment

phawkins 01-02-2014 01:04 AM

i did the same thing with my level took some time but got it damn straight

g_k50 01-02-2014 11:29 AM

Yup, we haven't heard from Dutter since September of '12. I wonder if he's learned to spell yet.

Bullitt390 01-04-2014 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by g_k50 (Post 13906312)
Yup, we haven't heard from Dutter since September of '12. I wonder if he's learned to spell yet.

I believe he has a Superduty now and goes by a different name.

Josh