Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2009 - 2014 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum193/)
-   -   Has Anyone Ordered From AutoChipsDirect.com (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1069579-has-anyone-ordered-from-autochipsdirect-com.html)

Steeler Frank 05-24-2011 03:05 PM

Has Anyone Ordered From AutoChipsDirect.com

Has Anyone Ordered From AutoChipsDirect.com. I would like to know what other may think about this modification that they sell and/or if any others have had problems with the product or the company? Thanks.
Frank

wchain 05-24-2011 03:47 PM

You're kidding right?

shotgunz 05-25-2011 06:07 AM

Yeah - he's gotta be kidding.

Either that or he's spamming us...

MCDavis 05-25-2011 06:52 AM

Hmmm $50 for 30+ horsepower. Sign me up!!! :-yeahrigh

Happy Wednesday to you all, even the troll.

Steeler Frank 05-25-2011 09:40 AM

Has Anyone Ordered From AutoChipsDirect.com

Thanks guys. No I did not mean to be jerking anyone around. I am very inexperienced when it comes to these chips offered and the comapnies that offer them. I did not believe the advertised horsepower or mileage gains but I did think that they might give something and improve the performance. After these few replies - I guess not. Anyhow, I do appreciate your comments. I am no longer on top of that fence. Thanks.
Frank

shotgunz 05-25-2011 09:57 AM

No worries. We've had few 'members' (likely employees of the scam artist companies) post their tremendous results.

"If it seems to good to be true..."

LxMan1 05-26-2011 10:46 PM

For anything OBD-II that is basically 96 or newer, you need a programmer, not a chip. Diablosport is my preference and there is SuperChips programmers as well. Your gonna spend around $300 or more to get real results. All you will get out of those cheap chips is less power, less mpg and probably a ruined PCM.

2005 silver Ford FX4 08-25-2012 09:25 AM

Don't waste your time

I ordered one and then did some research a couple of days later. I know that was very stupid. I got the chip in the mail with no invoice (red flag) called the number twice and it went straight to voice mail (red flag). Went online to fill out the return form and of course the form is bogus(red flag). So now I got my bank involved and persuing a fraud claim.

This product will not be installed on my truck but more likley taken apart to examine the the compenents.

We should all report this to google as a scam.

PrinceValium 08-25-2012 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by LxMan1 (Post 10391368)
For anything OBD-II that is basically 96 or newer, you need a programmer, not a chip. Diablosport is my preference and there is SuperChips programmers as well. Your gonna spend around $300 or more to get real results. All you will get out of those cheap chips is less power, less mpg and probably a ruined PCM.

Won't using these products void the warranty on the truck? Another reason why I want the ecoboost is because when my warranty is up it will get tuned to unleash more performance of that twin turbo motor! Of course.l
I won't go too crazy so that my milage won't be non existant. I know there is a trade off between erformance and fuel economy...I would like to be in the middle of a little better performance.

Jus2shy 08-25-2012 10:37 AM

Well the ecoboost is a direct injection motor. If you keep the same engine architecture (injectors, turbo, and such), you won't see any MPG droppage unless you floor it all over the place. At least that was the experience when I owned a saturn sky redline. Many owners that had the power upgraded reported increased fuel mileage as well because of optimized mapping of the other parts of the fuel curve by the tuners. I think with the stock injector setup, they were able to go from 260hp to around 330ish hp. I'd expect the ecoboost to hit probably around 400hp before needing either bigger turbos or larger injectors.

2005 silver Ford FX4 08-25-2012 11:30 AM

Warrenty and ECOboost

My truck is out of warranty but not gonna risk installing the miracle chip.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
It's obvious the chip is a scam or they would stand behind their product.
<o:p></o:p>
My coworker just bought an ecoboost and he says its f'n awesome. More horsepower than his 05 FX4 and about 5 MPG better. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>